Status: COMPLETED

Our Memories Blanket Us With Friends We Know

And Never Be Afraid Again

'Why did you end up leaving the lake House, anyway?'
It's night time and Gerard and Pepper are snuggled into bed.

" I rented it after the internship. It was the strangest place I’d ever seen. I couldn't imagine anyone building it. Or... I couldn't imagine building it and then not living here. I loved the way it sort of... hovered over the water. I loved that jetty also"
Gerard writes.

*~~~~~~*

A few weeks had passed of Gerard writing to 'Frankie'. He giggled to himself. He loved calling him Frankie.
Gerard was not in the perfect area to write though. He was on a crowded platform waiting for the subway to go to the Empire State Building, a busker playing the trumpet in the distance. That's the place he wanted to write to Frankie from. Frank hadn't been (it was talked over in their previous letters) and Gerard suggested he write about it and give it to Frank in their letter form. Frank loved the idea and told Gerard that it was date and a fantastic idea. Gerard blushed and praised him back through the letter.
Suddenly his cell phone rings.
" Hello? "
His excitement diminishes
" Oh. Hi. "
The subway pulls up and Gerard asks the man on the other line to hold on while he jumps on. The man on the line doesn't stop talking though.
" Look, " Gerard says quietly into the phone. " It's not easy for me either. You know that. . . No. I'm not mad that you called. I just. . . I'm sorry I've got to get to work and-. . . No, I don't think that's a good idea. Matt, I'm saying please don't come to work. . . Because we need more time, especially if we're going to stay friends. . . I just don't think we should. " Gerard was getting more and more upset by the second. " Look I have to go " And he ends the call immediately.
Gerard shoves the phone into his pocket and leans back into the seat.
He shouldn't have pulled that photo out. It was bad luck. Karma. What goes around comes back around- that sort of thing. He had important things to worry about today. Exciting 'Frank' things. Come to think of it, it was Frank that made Gerard pull out the photo. Maybe it was all Frank's fault?

Gerard took a deep breath, apologized to Frankie and tried to relax his mind for the rest of the trip.

*~~~~*

It was beautiful. At 7:30pm it really was

After going through a security check, Gerard was taken through a line to buy tickets. He had walked through an exhibit explaining about how they want to make the Empire State Building more eco-friendly. He had waited 30 minutes before he could get to the elevators, which wasn't bad because the employees were saying a 30 minute wait was really nothing compared to the day time.

He took the elevator up to the 86th floor. His knees started to get weak, palms a bit sweaty and butterflies in his stomach. Gerard wished Frank was here to share this experience.
He was taken to a lobby and walked through a glass door to the observation deck.

The view were breathtakingly amazing. There was a little haze in the air. The twinkling lights from the city buildings lit the skyline all the way to Jersey. In the distance you could see the beauty and sleekness of the Freedom Tower, the amber lights of Central Park, the top of the Chrysler Building and across the river the lights of his home town of Jersey. It was exhilarating, scary, emotional and powerful at the same time.
He loved was how quiet it was up there. Even though there were so many people on that observation deck, it was quiet. A chance to be with just your thoughts enjoying a spectacular view.

*~~~~~*

Gerard struggles down the street with armfuls of groceries, Pepper tugging at the leash. Car horns were blaring. Someone on their bike had nearly run him over.

He feels strung out as he exists his lift. He puts the groceries on the kitchen table, undoes Pepper's leash and goes to fill the tub up.

He unpacks the bags and stuffs the items in the fridge, paces off to the bathroom and strips down.
The tub is half full but Gerard doesn't care. He get's in and soaks himself in the tub, feeling quite drained.

He remembers he hadn't written to Frank for a couple of days, it's almost coming up to a week. He hasn't even had time to himself, not really wanting to. Not after The Breakfast Monkey incident. The incident of where it was TURNED DOWN. All that hard work on Aqua Teen Hunger Force with other writers and his comic Breakfast Monkey get turned down because it's too much like Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

He turned up the heat on the faucet and thought about writing to Frank after work tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
i have never been to New York myself but i looked up pictures and tried to tell it to the best of my ability ;/ hope i'm doing this story right and not getting anyone of use guys (5 of you people) confused at any point. but click for next chapter. thanks for the 5 readers and the 6 subbers!! This chapter is for you great strangers!!