Status: COMPLETED

Our Memories Blanket Us With Friends We Know

And I'm Only Two Cubes Down

The two of them, no longer separated by time, only by distance.
*
He stops. There are two lanes of heavy traffic in front of him. He searches in the distance, looking for Gerard beyond the whizzing traffic, among the crowds in the park.
He finally spot him-- a distant figure, walking to his direction. He smiles.

There's break in the traffic. Frank has a clear view of Gerard straight ahead of him.
Frank continues jogging up the sidewalk. He steps off the curb.

A bus driver heading towards Frank sees him and crushes his foot onto the brake.
The bus is bearing down fast on Frank, who is staring straight ahead at Gerard.
He's straining to see Gerard.

*~~~~~*

Gerard is soaked, dissolved in tears at front of the mailbox.
He does nothing but weep, his hands covering his face. He can't stop. The tears are hurling his body and he breaks down and he falls to his knees.
He grabs a hold of the mailbox's pole and holds it. Holding it for support.
The rain continues to pound down.
Eventually he has the chance to stop. Having given up hope, he tries to collect himself.
He starts, very slowly, to get to his feet

He very slowly reaches up and pulls open the mailbox door. He almost can't bear to look inside.
But he does. And his letter is gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter. hope i'm not dragging it out! click for nxt chapter!