Status: COMPLETED

Our Memories Blanket Us With Friends We Know

If You Would Shed Your Yellow

It's now Gerard's lunch and he's put his hoodie on. As he exist CN he notices it's surprisingly warm. He smiles and head's toward the city center.
He eat's his lunch on a bench he found in the large park in the heart of the city, stopping for a coffee on the way. As he looks up he could tell what side the Lake is and what side the Skyline is.
The park is crowded on this gorgeous day. Heavy traffic going past on the road in front of him. He squints through the sunshine when a sound had boomed through the park. A bell toll. To tell that it was noon.
Gerard was surprised to see an old couple sitting on the grass, under the next tree
" What's with the damn weather? 60 degrees on Valentine's Day? " Asked the old woman to her Husband.

" It's global warming, love " He replied with a smile.

Gerard got up and grinned to himself because it reminded him of his parents. And boy did Gerard miss them. " They probably think I have no time for them. " He mutted, to no one in particular.
He decided to sit closer to work's buildings, while still being in the park. That means he'll have more time to bask in the sun then walking through the heavy traffic to get back to work.

Suddenly, a horrible sound; high pitched grinding squeal became all he could hear. Or really anyone that was enjoying the park.
Gerard looked around.
30 yards away a double-length city bus was trying to stop. It was going quite fast even though by the sound of things the driver was crushing down on the breaks.

Gerard just registered all of this - the sound, the bus; even before he notices the man standing directly in the bus's path.

There's nothing to be done; it's inevitable and almost immediate - the man being struck by the bus, and his figure arching into the air ten or fifteen feet before crashing into the pavement. The faint sound of the impact reaches Gerard ears a half-second later, because of the distance
.

Gerard automatically pulls out his cell phone and dials.
" I need and ambulance to 10 Columbus Circle, New York! A bus has struck a pedestrian! Get a EMS crew here now!" He began running.

Traffic snarled around the halted bus. People gathered. Gerard run's up, pushing through the crowd. He had such a pull towards the situation.

" I'm a doctor. Let me through! " He was lying. In no way what-so-ever was he a Doctor. Mikey was though. His little brother. That had to count for something. And when Mikey Way had studies at their parents house, Gerard was always there to help. But he only knew a little. A by a little, he meant resuscitation.
He reaches the man, who is lying twisted, his face bloody, obscured. He can't movie him because of a risk of a neck injury; there's not much he can do except for feel a pulse and listen for a breath.

The ambulance has arrived and two EMT's jump out.

Gerard tries to revive him. Pumping his chest, again, again and again.
" He's done! " An EMT shouts while both get a gurney out of the Ambulance.
Gerard works hard to get a pulse
.

The EMT puts his hand on Gerard's shoulder " Doctor. "

Dead beat. Gerard finally stops and stands up, his back aching.

The EMT's prepare the man and remove the body.
♠ ♠ ♠
click for next chapter