Status: COMPLETED

Our Memories Blanket Us With Friends We Know

We'll Solve This Mystery Of Laceration Gravity

It's late afternoon and Gerard's on the beach with Pepper, holding a stick in his hands.
He throws the stick, playing fetch with his dog on the beach, wind whipping his black hair. Sun low on the horizon. Soon it will be time to go back home, but he’s in no hurry to leave.
''The Lake House," he thinks to himself ''It's not far off.''

They walk over a dune and then Pepper starts barking rapidly.
But before he can shush the dog, Pepper runs off in the direction of the House.

He follows after, trying to keep up speed. Pepper is approaching the house as Gerard picks him up before he can chase anything that had gotten his attention. He looks at the house for a moment. It's empty, silent and Gerard turns to walk away.

Then he notices the mailbox with its raised flag. Acting on an impulse, he goes to opens it. Inside is a single envelope. He pulls it out. To his surprise, it's addressed to him.

*~~*

He's now standing in front of the mailbox reading the letter.

'Gerard,
I got your note. Is it supposed to be some kind of joke? If it is, I don’t get it.’

Gerard is perplexed.

‘I’m not the “previous tenant.” There was no previous tenant. I thought maybe you had the wrong place. But how did you know about the paw prints?’

Gerard is baffled. He thinks for a moment, then digs in his pockets for a pen and paper. Artist have to have spare right? And who know's what could be in Gerard's pockets.
Sure enough there were several items claiming space; a sharpen down pencil in his right front pocket, an old light bill in his left arse pocket that had loose change and along with it and a doodle drawing of a alien in his left front pocket.
''What a coincidence,'' he says to himself.