Sequel: Alkaline Eyes

Lithium Kisses

Ink and New Beginnings

A/N: Just so you guys know, I'm fucking proud to be emo. Anything else such as gothic, punk, or gangsta style has absolutely no depth to it whatsoever compared to emo. Listen to songs by bands like Circle Takes the Square or Green Day and you'll know I'm absolutely right. This story is also semi-autobiographical except without the random character and bands. I'm also lesbian in real life too, so homophobics STFU and leave! By the way, this fic is rated R because there is a scene where one of the characters squirts ink out of her tits (Sound interesting? Then read on) so if your uncomfortable with anything like that, there's other far more tame fics on this site for you to read.

Dread filled my gut as I rubbed the remnants of sleep from my soulful blue eyes. Today was the first day of high school, and yet another gateway to hell in my own world. I sat up, flinching as I thought of all of the beating I had received last year. "Oh well", I muttered to myself monotonously as i slid into a black pair of skinny jeans, "Whatever makes me want to cut my wrists will only end up making me stronger in the end. I'll always beat my enemy." Normally, I was a strong person, but the last year of middle school had shredded away at me until I nothing more than a blubbering mess of dripping eyeliner and nonexistent self-esteem. This year was going to be different though, I was determined to do something so fucking unique and meaningful that no one would mess with me ever again.

I should probaly tell you a little about myself. I'm not like any old generic goth kid that wants to tattoo satan onto his ass. I'm also not like those punk kids that skate around and spray-pain grafiti anarchy swear words every were, that won't solve shit in this world. I'm emo scene and kinda sorta pop-punk too. To me, emo is the next stage in the evolution of the alternative scene because it exemplifies self-expression, tolerance and not being afraid to bare your heart to the entire world that judges you anyway. I have bleached blonde, choppy scene hair with blue streaks that falls a little bit past my neck and I have pale skin that almost glitters in the sunlight (but not like Edward from twilight, that's just stupid). Green Day is also my all-time favorite band because not only do they have a cool style, but they also got me interested in helping the world. My name is Heather Heartless and I wanna rock everyone's world.

As I walked into school, half expecting to be shoved into a trashcan since people don't have class at all, I found my friend Pandora jamming to her i-pod next to our lockers. She didn't notice me at first because her headphones were on max, so I tapped her on the shoulder. She shrieked and tumbled over, looking wild eyed and vulnerable. I laughed and helped her up. She blushed embarrasedly. "What are you listening to, Panda?" I asked, calling her by the nickname she's had since she was five. "Wow! That's Loud by Green Day" She said, switching off the still blaring i-pod. "Yes, that definitely IS loud" I laughed in a snarky manner. I couldn't help it, I was the designated queen of sarcasm after all. Pandora looked a little sad since she takes everything far too seriously, but it was almost kind of cute in a way. I've always had a crush on Pandora since I was a child but was too afraid of confessing my true feelings to her. So I teased her constantly instead, just to see her blush. Now you know why I'm called Heather "Heartless".

Suddenly, the front door opened and I knew THEY had arrived. People with shaved heads and spiky collars flew past me on skateboards, leaving dirty grime in their wake. I looked at them in disgust because they were some of THE most unintelligent people I had ever met. They've must've noticed me staring, so their entire group stalked over to me whilst trying to look intimidating. I held my ground, knowing that they would leave me broken and bleeding on the cold floor. But that was okay. I had to represent myself and the power of self-expression and the strength of emotion. It was worth it, like velvety chocolate melting away in your mouth. One of the girls in the group stumbled forward, her breath stanking of alcohol and cigarettes. "Hey lookie, it's that emo bitch we gave swirlies to last year!" She squealed with a caveman-like delight. That's when I noticed something odd. Half of her cleavage was bulging out of her ripped tank top like usual except that this time, it looked like it had been beaten literally black and blue with a baseball bat. Even though I hated this person's guts, I knew I had to be nice ask what happened to her since maybe I could get her some help. "Er, are your tits okay?" I asked in probably the most awkward way possible.

The girl looked at me strangely, then down at her chest. She chuckled. "Eh, I gotso wasted last night, man... So I asked for a shot of heroin, but instead I got a shot fulla ink straight in my tits. They kinda hurt, but since I just had my baby two months ago, it'll all leak out eventually, you know how that shit works." I actually didn't know how that shit works, but instead of feeling pity for her like I should, I was overcome with laughter. Pandora looked at me in horror.

"So, wait, since you got your tits injected with ink, can I use you to refill my empty printer cartridge then? Or, wait, fuck that. I'm sure your ink will be FAR more nutritional than the shit you probably feed your new heroin baby" I laughed. The girl's eyes filled with fury and before I had time to react, she decked me straight in the face, knocking me down. Pandora screamed and ran to get the principal. Bloody, and bruised on the ground just as I had predicted, but the fight wasn't over! Suppressing my tears, I stood up and clenched my fists. There was cheering from the punk group because they wanted to see me utterly lifeless for god-knows-what-reason. I punched the punk girl as hard as I could in the tits, because I figured that would cause her the most pain. She yelped like a banshee. Her breast flopped around for a second, and I could see the ink flowing from side to side and then popped out of her shirt. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, ink began spewing everywhere out of her tit. It covered the lockers, me, the school's bulletin board, me, the other annoying punk kids, and me but that's not important at all. I was mortified, my new cupcake hoodie had been ruined completely and so had my pride. That's when a really rusty and barely lightbulb flickered inside my opponent's head. She forcefully grabbed her other breast and used it like a squirtgun, shooting ink right into my eye. Like a man falling from a noose, I collapsed to the ground, my self-esteem had been destroyed. The group cheered and talked about injecting beer into the girl's tits later.

Just then, the principal arrived with Pandora. She helped me to the nurse's office since I couldn't see out of one eye, I was secretly happy since she was holding my arm. I would've cried, but I had to be strong for her since she was like a little fragile flower that I had to take care of with my love. I couldn't let her see how broken I was inside. She wiped at my eye with a wet cloth, which honestly, made me a little wet down below. "I know you're worried about me, Panda, but I'm okay, I promise." I tried to say with a not-so-genuine smile. She shook her head and hugged me tightly, which thrilled me in every way. "Why is your heart beating your hard?" Pandora asked me. I contemplated telling her how much I loved her, but just said that I was still shook up from having ink sprayed all over me. The way Pandora looked at me wanted me to make her lick the ink off my face, since she was so cute and I can't resist being a little sadistic around her. "You know, Heather, I think I have an idea of what you could to help out the world. Start a fundraiser of some kind and it will also help the emo people look better too. But it's up to you, of course." She whispered. I thought about it for a second.

That's when a string of awesome ideas hit smacked me upside the head. I could start a fundraiser to help transsexual kids in my school raise money to get a sex change!! I had a cousin once that wanted to be a boy but didn't become one until she was 25 because she couldn't raise enough money at first. She's a lot happier now that she was in her true body, but while she was a girl, she was quite depressed. No one should have to suffer that much in such a short life. I needed to change this. It was going to be called the "Heather Heartfelt Foundation" because the money was going to be raised for a compassionate, heartfelt cause. I pumped my fist in the air happily. This was going to be the beginning of a great era in my life!