Sequel: Alkaline Eyes

Lithium Kisses

Heather for President

A/N: So, there's something I really don't understand. Why does Blink-182 have so many haters? They're a top-selling, catchy band whose songs have a lot of meanings. Look at "Adam's Song" for example, it's a song about someone who desperately is trying to hang on but ends up committing suicide. People complain all the time that Blink is not a serious band and that they're too immature. Songs like that prove that they can be serious. Come on, let's stop this unnecessary hatred. School hasn't been that great. Samantha has been acting weird around me and I can't figure out why. I wish I could talk to her but I don't know what to say. Anyway, enjoy this next chapter, it was really fun to write.

After a while, the rain finally stopped. Billie Joe and I had clung to each other for hours, sobbing into each other's arms. We shared our private, and dark inner most thoughts. I knew he was a thoughtful, deep person, but I didn't realize the level of intensity until today. The suffering he had endured, the scars that he carried triumphantly made him who he was today. I was thrilled but slightly frightened to find someone identical to myself. Billie Joe was the Clyde to my Bonny, a partner-in-crime that would die beside me if asked too.

We walked the cold, empty streets for a while, just sharing our thoughts with each other. Billie Joe was probably the funniest person I've ever met! I even forgot how cold and sopping wet I was for the moment. The only thing constantly nagging at my mind was the fact that I no longer had a place to stay. Guess it was time to check in to the local homeless shelter for a while. Billie Joe must've noticed because he stopped dead in his tracks. "What's wrong Heather?" He asked, his voiced filled with concern.

"Uh...sorry, Billie Joe, but I should probably go. I was kicked out of my house..." I explained sadly. This was one of the worst and best nights of my life and I didn't want Billie Joe to feel sorry for me. "I should probably go to the homeless center until I have enough money for a house of my own" And then I sighed. Everything usually ends badly for me anyway, but I was pretty used to it by now. Billie Joe thought for a second, stroking his chin with his fingers.

"Hmm... Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you come on tour with us? I know you'll miss your friends but..." Billie Joe trailed off, but I didn't notice. I was only focused on the part of his sentence that contained "Why don't you come on tour with us?". My head was spinning rapidly. This had to be a joke, right? Green Day and I, on a world tour together. It just didn't seem possible. I doubled over in disbelief. Holy. Fucking. Shit. This was the best day of my life!! "Uh, earth to Heather, can you hear me right now?" He asked. I nodded swiftly. "So what do you say?"

I tried to play cool. "Yeah, I'll do it. It's in my best interest right now." I said as monotonously as possible. But in my head, I was screaming OF COURSE OF COURSE OF COURSE! Billie Joe looked relieved. He and I then made our way to the tour bus. The stupid cholo grafiti had been wiped off and the bus looked shiny and new. It was like shiny new leather except better. Tre and Mike were sitting inside on of the couches. Well, Mike was sitting, Tre was jumping up and down, giggling like a maniac. Stuffing was rapidly falling out of the couch now. Mike rolled his eyes.

"Tre, calm your fucking balls!" Mike shouted angrily. Then he noticed us. His eyes almost boggled out of his head. I waved half-heartedly and tried to smile. "BJ, why the fuck is that insane psycho on our tour bus?!" Tre stopped jumping for a second and gazed worriedly at Mike. I was tempted to reach into my pocket and hand Mike a tampon. I never knew guys got periods too. Billie Joe sighed and explained everything. The swirlies, how we had so much in common, how I had been kicked out. Tre burst into tears and jumped at me, squeezing me into a tight grip hug.

"MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!! HOW COULD YOU BE SOOOOOO MEAAAN?" Tre sobbed loudly. Mike cover his face with his hands. I tried to pull Tre off of me, but he clung on even tighter. "DON'T WORRY HEATHER! I'LL PROTECT YOU LIKE I PROTECT MY COLLECTION OF USED CU-TIPS!!" What? Used cu-tips? That's really gross. I gave up trying to remove Tre from me. Billie Joe chuckled and yanked Tre off of me. Then he handed Tre a slinky. Tre was now happy once again. Mike still looked insanely pissed off.

"Look, BJ, I know you have a lot of issues, but do you really think a girl who took advantage of her best friend will help you resolve them?" Mike said in exasperation.

"I'm not exactly the most innocent person ever. Remember Warped Tour last year when Travis Barker, Ollie Sykes, Charlie Scene and I played spin the bottle? Well, all of them besides me were wasted so it wasn't exactly...consensual." Billie Joe said, reminiscing. Mike sighed. "What? It was a make-out party on another dimension. THAT'S how good it was!" I blushed. I never expected to know this much about Billie Joe. He definitely knew what he wanted and how to get it. I admired that greatly. There was silence in the room for a few minutes and then Mike finally spoke.

"Alright... But she's yours to deal with, not mine. I wash my hands clean off of all the stupidity she may create, okay?" Billie Joe nodded. Tre started jumping down happily and I instinctively blocked myself from Tre's premediated onslaught of hugs. Everything was going to work out, even if Mike was being a fucking bitch about it. I hugged Billie Joe tight, laughing. He swung me around with a grin stretching from ear to ear.

With everything out of the way, I took a few minutes to glance around the tour bus. It looked pretty cozy as well as roomy. A few awards stating "#1 Pop-punk Band of All Time" hung on the walls, gleaning silver. checkered counter top with a few bar stools next to it in the corner, a worn-out TV and several band posters featuring Blink-182, Newfound Glory, The Academy Is and Sum 41 were scattered haphazardly. I was in heaven. There was also a poster that had been X-ed out which was advertising the November presidential elections. Great, it was time to swear another corrupt fool into this once great country. Tre stared at it, wide-eyed, and then stared at me. His gaze was intense. I asked him if he was okay. He continued staring at me.

"I...I...have an idea!" He said suddenly. Billie Joe looked amazed. Mike almost fell over from shock. This could be Tre's shining moment. "Heather should run for president." Tre continued. Mike groaned loudly in disgust.

"Just when I thought you FINALLY had a moment of intelligence, you go and tell us some stupid shit like that. Heather's still pretty much a kid. There's NO way she could handle the responsibilities of running this country without China declaring war on us." Mike explained sternly. He was starting to remind me of my lame teachers.

"I don't know, it kinda sounds like a good idea. What do you think, Heather?" Billie Joe asked earnestly. Tre giggled happily and clapped his hands. I didn't know what to say. To be quite honest, I was in a state of shock, Billie Joe and I had only recently gotten to know each other and he already trusted me enough to encourage to take the lead of the country. This was the moment I had been waiting for my entire life, maybe if I was president, I could finally make things okay for the outcasts and the LGBT community. No one would ever pick on a guy because he wore "too much" eyeliner or black nail polish again. No one would ever pick on a girl because she wanted to be a guy. I could create unity amongst everyone.

"I...I..." I stammered hesitantly. Billie Joe grinned. It was almost as if he knew I was cracking.

"I'll be your vice president." He offered. That was the last nail in the coffin of my doubt. I could do anything with him by my side. Together, we'd be invincible. I nodded. The grin on Billie Joe's face grew wider. Tre cheered. The new sense of happiness was overwhelming. It was so overwhelming that I was getting dizzy. I collapse on the couch and closed my eyes for a second. Words could never describe how I felt right now. Billie Joe sat down next to me. Mike threw up his hands in exasperation, and stormed out of the tour bus.

"That's it. I quit. I don't know what the hell you've been snorting, Billie Joe Armstrong, but you and Coolio over here are out of your goddamn minds. Find someone else to pander to your stupid fantasies." Mike shouted as he slammed the door. Tre dropped the slinky he was playing with and ran after him, crying. Billie Joe patted me on the head reassuringly.

"Don't worry about it. This happens every couple of weeks or so, usually after Tre shits Mike's cereal. He'll come back." I didn't really care at the moment. Mike was an asshole and I had suddenly become really tired. My eyes flickered for a moment. I let them close. My head drooped onto Billie Joe's shoulder. I was too tired to care and Billie Joe was probably too kind to move it. But then he adjusted me so that my head was laying on his lap. Softly, he began to stroke my hair. It felt...nice. I liked it even though it should've been Pandora doing it.

I drifted off into a dreamless sleep. I felt like I was finally home.