Sequel: Alkaline Eyes

Lithium Kisses

Suicidal Tendencies of an Ungrateful Martyr

A/N: I've been very depressed lately if you can't tell from this chapter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSvFpBOe8eY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYeGw-bo430 These videos describe how i feel. I wish I could close my eyes forever. Well, anyway, enjoy the next chapter

As my campaign stretched across the US, I began to gain more and more supporters. Most of them were alternative kids like me who saw me as their role model. I was rapidly becoming a voice of my formerly apathetic and frequently scammed generation. It was exhilarating, to say the least. Election day was rapidly getting closer and the intensity was ten-fold. It felt as if my entire mind was being consumed by the constant pressure, but I pressed on. Even Billie Joe was beginning to crack from all of the constant publicity and having to give long speeches every other day. Not that he needed to worry, most people were supporting him because of how "hot" he appeared to them. I was the only person who actually appreciated the ingeniousness behind his every word and thought. Not even Tre or Mike understood him as well as I did.

And then finally, it was here, the night of the election. But Billie Joe and I couldn't bare to wait around and watch our televisions for the results. It felt as if the air was standing still for us. Everything could end tonight, but it would be worth it entirely. Billie Joe and I stood out on the balcony of our hotel, throwing molotov cocktails at all of the passing police cars. Most of them missed, but it was the statement that counted. "Do you think the world will end some day?" Billie Joe asked suddenly. He had a foggy, faraway look in his eyes. His hands gripped the balcony tightly.

"I don't know... What does it matter?" I asked. The sun was setting and looked like a giant fiery orange.

"We've done so much for the forsaken, the lost and the heart-broken. We are truly the voice of a generation that's just now realizing what it means to be human. But if everything were to end tomorrow, who would remember us and all that we've accomplished? No one would be around. In the end, everything is disposable. We'd be nothing more than atomic particles, wandering endlessly in space. Have you ever wondered if all of this was worth it?" Billie Joe asked with an edge of melancholy in his voice. Tears were shining in his eyes. I grasped his cold hand and squeezed it. The universe was far more heartless than me. Some day, this planet would be nothing more than a hollow rock filled with broken dreams sitting in the garbage bin at the end of space. Eventually, I'd be forgotten. Whether that took years or millenia, it didn't matter because it would happen eventually.

Sirens rang out down below. People were randomly cheering and shattering windows. This peaceful chaos couldn't last forever, could it? I was a voice of the revolution that was destined to fall to ashes. I was an ungrateful martyr, a visionary who could lose her sight at any moment. And it was terrifying. I could feel the time bomb me in me ticking ominously. I contemplated jumping to my death, to save myself the agony of realizing that just how unimportant I would be in centuries.

Tick

I climbed up on the railing. Billie Joe didn't notice, he was too busy staring off into the cold eyes of space. The cars below rushed past at light speed.

Tick

The wind brushed up against me, sending my hair flying wildly. I spread my arms out wide, balancing on the edge of the railing. Blood dripped down from the scars on my wrist that had been ripped open.

Tick

The country wouldn't have a president, they would only have my unrecognizable body. And then the clock reached zero. I jumped but it felt as if I was only slowly floating down below. Billie Joe screamed and tried to grab me. He fell as well. I could feel his arms wrap around me as we picked up speed, plummeting towards the ground. Everything faded to white as we crashed into a car speeding past. There was no pain, only melancholy and peace.

I woke up panting. It felt as if my heart was going to stop. Billie Joe, Mike and Tre burst into my room frantically. They had some important news.

The election was a perfect tie...