Sequel: I Forgot
Status: Done!

It's Me and You, Nealsy

It's me and you Nealsy

[Late March Early April 2012 Spring break basically]
James’ POV

“James is the bachelor in this group”
I rolled my eyes and Matt looked at me.

Truth was I wasn’t the bachelor of the group. I had a girlfriend, and that girl stuck with me through thick and thin. I didn’t mind though she was my life. I’d do anything to make her happy. The problem was that no one knew she existed. Why? She chose to keep it a secret because she said they would judge her. She was my little secret.

“Whatever” I told them as I got up.
Matt followed me out and he looked at me.
“Hey aren’t you going out for drinks with us?”
I turned and shook my head.
“Nah I’m kind of tired” I said.

They frowned and I waved at them as Matt and I walked to the parking lot.

“What time does she get here?”
I looked at Matt and smiled.
“In 30 minutes” I said.
He smiled and nodded.
“Ok man I’ll see you tomorrow, bring Maggie with you”

I nodded and we each got into our own cars and drove our separate ways.
____________________________________________________________________________________

James was known as the dorky guy who didn’t like to wash his hair. The guy who only had beer and blue Gatorade in his refrigerator, the guy who always had to go to Paul Martin’s house to get breakfast because he was so bad at cooking that if he tried it he might burn his home down. This is how the Penguins Organization saw James Neal. Maggie knew another side of James, the side that he only let a few people access.

____________________________________________________________________________________
James POV
I got to the airport and quickly parked my car. I jogged out of the parking complex and walked into the airport. I spotted her very fast. She wasn’t like any girls, she was tall and well I knew how my girlfriend looked like. I slowly walked up to her and she looked up and smiled.

“I missed you”
She mumbled it but I enjoyed it. I had pulled her into a hug and her nose was tickling my neck as I buried my head in her hair. I had definitely missed her. I hadn’t seen her physically since the day she left to Dallas and that was when I got traded to the Penguins. Summer was hectic for both of us so we didn’t get to see each other. It had been a while since we saw each other. Yes I was in a long distance relationship.

“Come on I bet your tired” I told her.
She nodded and I got her suitcase.
“You ready to enjoy the next two weeks?” I asked her.
She nodded and smiled.
“Of course, you haven’t told them about me right?”
“Nope, you’re my little secret” I told her as we walked up to my car.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Maggie had green eyes, she was tall about 5’10, and really if anyone saw her walking down the streets they would either stare or sneak glances at her as she walked past them. She was James prize and he loved telling people about her. Unfortunately he promised Maggie he wouldn’t tell his teammates about her. The only one who knew was Matt Niskanen but he kept his secret.
____________________________________________________________________________________
James’ POV

“Morning”
I smiled and looked up. A pair of green eyes looked down at me as I slowly woke up.
“Morning” I mumbled.
“You look like such a hot mess”
I laughed and sat up.
“Thanks it’s what I love to hear love” I told her.
She smiled and nodded.
“You’re welcome bear”

I laughed when I realized she was already dressed. She wore a simple blouse and dark blue skinny jeans.

“Aren’t you going to put on shoes?” I asked as she ran out of the room.
“Not yet!”

I chuckled to myself and got up. I smiled a little remembering how long ago I had met Maggie

____________________________________________________________________________________

15 years old, she was 15 years old when I met her. I was 17 years old and I bragged about how I had been drafted and what not. She didn’t find it amusing. Infact the first thing she told me was ‘if you’re so good why didn’t you get drafted in the first round?’ . I admit it hurt my ego, but it got me to stop being so damn cocky. She was in whitby on Vacation with her parents and two brothers. We hit it off that summer because by the time she turned 16 she was my girlfriend.
____________________________________________________________________________________
James’ POV

“You ready?”
I nodded and got my piece of toast.
“Now don’t be nasty go brush your teeth”

I rolled my eyes as she took the plate from me and began washing it. I finished my toast and brushed my teeth.

“There” I said.
“Much better!”
I laughed and she pecked my lips.

“Now Jimmy I will probably be called a whore”

I nodded and she looked at me. Maggie wasn’t exactly someone to sugarcoat things. She was blunt and I loved her for that.

“And I’ll probably get flirted on” she added.

I nodded. I knew Maggie was a beautiful girl, but she loved me so I didn’t let jealousy get to me.

“And….I love you”
I smiled at her and nodded.
“I love you too” I told her as I pecked her lips.

“Now drive”

I pulled out of the garage and drove to our CONSOL. We had an afternoon game so we had to be there early.

“Did you bring your jersey?” I asked her when we got out of my car.
“Yes in my bag”
I nodded and I kissed her.

“Well Matt is here” I said noticing Matt Niskanen was walking over to us with his girlfriend.
“Oh thank god I won’t be alone”
“of course not I couldn’t let them bombard you with questions”
I nodded and she hugged Matt.
“Long time no see Matty, you’re buff now”
I laughed. She what I mean about being blunt? I smiled when Maggie turned to me and began fixing my tie. She grinned up at me and nuzzled my nose against hers.

“I like you in that suit”
I heard Matt snort and I rolled my eyes.
“He wears it every Sunday”
She smiled at me and nodded.
“Good!”
I smiled at her and pecked her lips.
“I’ll see you after” I told her.
She nodded and pecked my lips again. She left with Matt’s girlfriend and I looked at Matt who looked at me.

“Who do you think is going to flirt on her?”

“Everyone” I said as we got into the locker-room

____________________________________________________________________________________

James had been playing for about a year with the Penguins and he had never mentioned he had a girlfriend. He liked being that secretive, why? Well he got home and he talked with her for hours. On weekends he couldn’t enjoy the long talks because she had school. She was a student at the University of Dallas getting her Masters, She had her BS in computer engineering and she was working on her Masters at the moment. Maggie was smart, and James loved that about her. He loved how passionate she was about her degree and he was happy about that. Whenever his computer had trouble he would send it to her and she would send it back a few days later with a homemade meal.
____________________________________________________________________________________
James’ POV

“Dude did you see that hot girl with Matt’s lady?”
I rolled my eyes at Paul and he looked at me.
“Did you?”
“She has a name” I said slipping on my suit jacket.

He looked at me a little surprised as I fixed my tie.

“Are we still on for a team dinner? We won” Sid said.

I nodded at him and I saw as Vero walked into the locker room. She gave me a look and walked to Marc saying she was hungry. I swear he was so whipped but then again so am I.

“Ready?”

I nodded and we walked out. Molly, Matt’s girlfriend was talking with Maggie as we walked out. Maggie looked up and smiled at me. I walked over to her and smiled.

“We’re going to a team dinner” I told her.
She nodded slowly.
“I feel really underdressed”
I looked at her and looked at most of the WAGs who looked like they were going to go model something.
“You look beautiful” I told her.
She gave me a smile and we got into the car.
“do you want to change?” I asked her as I started the car.
“ill live let’s go eat. I’m starving”

I laughed and nodded. We got there and I saw we were there pretty early. We got out of the car and I looked at Maggie who was looking around.

“Fix your glasses” I said pushing her glasses up a little.

She gave me a smile and we walked in. we were seated and I took a seat next to her. Molly and Matt came and Molly sat next to Maggie.

“I’m so glad you didn’t change”

Maggie laughed and I looked at her. She was chatting away with Molly talking about their nails. I noticed how Vero was looking at Maggie as if she were trying to see if she was a puck bunny or not.

“now that we are all here” Sid started as all eyes turned on me and Maggie.
I rolled my eyes and sat up a little
“James introduce us”
“Uh ok. Maggie” I said.
She turned to me and smiled.

I began introducing her to the guys and their girlfriends/wives.

“Nice to meet you”
They all nodded at her and she looked down at the menu.
“So where are you from?”
I looked at Flower who shrugged.
“California, I grew up in LA”
She nodded at Maggie.

“So um do you like work?
“Yes I do” Maggie said.
Maggie turned to me and pointed to the steak on the menu.
“Is the steak good?”
I nodded and she glanced at the menu and then back at me.

“How big is it?” she asked.
“Not to big” I told her.

She nodded and looked back down at her menu. She closed it and smiled at me.

“I think I want steak”

I nodded at her.
“Steak it is, I’m going to get some pasta” I told her.

She smiled and when she ordered steak hell broke loose.
“You eat meat this late at night?

Maggie looked at me and bit her lip because she was going to say something blunt.

“I think Maggie could eat whatever she wants”
I looked at Molly who smiled.
“Hmm she looks a little chunky”
Maggie ignored it and I looked at Tanger’s girlfriend.

“Anyways” Maggie said brushing off the comment.
“I’ll have a coke”

There was another chuckle and she looked up at Oksana, Geno’s horrible half. Maggie was about to bark at her, but Sid asked her a question.

“So, how’d you meet the real deal?”
She laughed a little at my nickname and smiled at him.
“His hometown”
He nodded slowly and I heard Oksana mumble something. Maggie let it continue through out the whole night until we got to the desert.

“Want ice cream?” I asked Maggie.
She smiled at me.
“Sure, let’s share it”

A few seconds later a horrible remark came and that made Maggie snap.

“Doubt it she’ll eat it all”
Maggie snapped her head at her.

“Listen up you illiterate blonde. I can kick your ass into tomorrow”

I got Maggie’s arm as Maggie stood up
“Maggie it’s not worth it” I told her.
She nodded and sat back on the chair.

”I want to go home”

I nodded and took out my wallet. As soon as I did that Maggie got up and left. I looked at them.

“I met Maggie when I was 17 years old” I started.

Their heads snapped up and they looked at me as I opened my wallet.

“We’ve been dating since then” I said.

Geno looked at his girlfriend.

“She’s gone to as many as games as she could during my career” I said.

I pulled out some 20’s and looked up at them.

“Why? She has school. My girlfriend is getting her Master’s in Computer engineering. Yes I have a girlfriend who can fix a broken computer. She has a bachelors in science something you probably didn’t even know existed till right now” I said.

I put the bills on the table and looked at Oksana.

“She can eat whatever the hell she wants because she’s gorgeous. It’s my money and I can spend it however I want. If she wants food then she will get food, I like a girl who isn’t afraid to eat things in front of me. She’s my girlfriend and your lucky I held her back because she knows how to throw punches. She doesn’t grab and pull hair she aims for your face” I said.

I closed my wallet and I got up.

“Oh and she works for Apple, she has her own life she doesn’t need to be by my side every waking moment and I like that about her” I snapped.

I put my wallet back in my pocket and I looked at then.

“So if you guys don’t like it then fuck all of you because she’s moving here in a few months” I added as I walked away.

I walked over to the car and I smiled a little when I saw her sitting on the floor next to the car.

“Why are you on the floor?” I asked helping her up.
“Because I wanted ice cream”
I smiled and pecked her lips.
“We can go to McDonalds” I told her.
She nodded and smiled.
“It’s cheaper”
I laughed and nodded.
“Come on” I said opening the car door for her.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Inside the men were paying for their meals and getting ready to go home. They had meant for it to be nice and peaceful, but the women thought they were protecting the teams little brother. What they realized was that he was in love with his girlfriend. He had been with her since he was playing in the OHL and even the AHL. She’d been with him from the start. You could say she was his biggest fan. Most of the players were close to James’ brothers so when Sidney send them a text asking who Maggie was they replied it was James’ other half. His girlfriend, the blunt girl who gave up the best school option so she could see James. She gave up the chance to go to UC Berkeley and went to the university of Dallas instead. She had rearranged her life so when James began playing for the Stars she would be able to see him when she could. She bought him the horrible grey plaid suit as a joke, but grew to love it because James said it meant a lot to him. She knew everything about him and she didn’t mind babying him. Not one bit.
____________________________________________________________________________________
James’ POV

“You’re not mad?” I asked Maggie.
She turned to look at me and shook her head.
“I don’t mind one bit” she said as she looked at the hardware of my laptop.
“It’s so dusty” she mumbled
I smiled at her and she had these tweezers, well they looked like tweezers and she was tapping on the green thing on my laptop. Don’t ask me what the green thing is because I can’t explain a computer to you. She glanced up when the doorbell rung.

“You should get that” she said.

I nodded and she connected it to some other thingy. I walked over to the door and opened it.
“Yes?” I asked.
“I wanna say sorry to Maggie”
Flower looked at me and I let them in.
“You didn’t say anything though” I said walking to the kitchen.
“Still”

I nodded and we walked inside. Maggie looked up and she went back to working on my laptop.

“James can you hand me that?”

I handed her the weird zappy thing and she tapped it on my laptop. She looked at a little weird machine she had and she smiled. She began putting the laptop back to well a laptop and she closed it. She turned it on and she waited for it to loud.

“There you go bear”
I smiled and put in my password.
“Wow that’s really cool”
She nodded and looked at Vero.

“Why are you here? You didn’t do anything”

Vero shrugged and looked at Maggie.
“I feel like I did. I let them talk to you like that”
Maggie shrugged and I looked back at my laptop.
“Yes it’s faster” I told her.
She nodded and I handed her my phone. She sighed dramatically and began opening it apart.
“That’s really nerdy …oomph… sorry”

I looked at Flower who was rubbing his side and Maggie smiled at him.

“Thank you”
“So you know Spanish?”

“Yes I do. I like talking to James in Spanish cause he looks so confused”

I laughed and I looked at her.
“Hey I understand it” I defended myself.
“Some words”

I nodded and smiled.
“It’s something” I said.

They talked and they got to know Maggie more. Maggie was the weirdest girl you would ever meet because halfway through a conversation with Vero she asked Vero about her hair. They laughed and I looked at Flower, that was the start of a beautiful friendship.
____________________________________________________________________________________
November 2012

Maggie’s POV
I looked at James who was fast asleep. His chest moving slowly as he breathed, he looked so relaxed. I bet he was exhausted. The lockout had started and there was signs everywhere saying it wasn’t going to end soon. I pushed his hair back and he stirred.

“You really have to stop doing that”
“Why?” I asked him
he groaned and soon he was on top of me.
“And that”
I giggled a little because his breath was tickling my neck.
“You love it” I told him.
“That I do”

I smiled and he put most of his weight on me. I was used to his body so when he did that I didn’t whine. He put his head on my chest and began playing with the ends of my hair.

“Are you sore?” I asked rubbing his tattooed arm.

“Hmm a little”.

I nodded and I pulled him up a little. I kissed his cheek and he smiled against my cheek.
“What happens if the lockout continues? I don’t think I can stay in Burgh”
I smiled.
“We’ll figure it out James” I told him as I played with his hair.

He nodded and I rubbed his arm.

“If it does we can go to LA. You can work on that tan and well before you know it the lockout will be over” I said.

He nodded and I looked down at him.

“You’re so pretty” I cooed.

He groaned and I smiled at him.

“You are look at you and your unshaven face and your greasy hair. You’re just a hot mess” I said.
He huffed and I laughed.
“Ok ok you look so hot Mr. Neal” I said in a fangirl voice which made him laugh.

He looked up at me and smiled.
“I love you”
“I love you too you dork” I told him as he lifted his face to peck my lips. I flipped us over and he smiled as I sat on his stomach.

“Mr. Neal” I said.
“Babe I think I’m broken. Fix me like you fix computers”

“You’re so damn kinky” I told him.
He grinned and looked up at me.
“You love it”

I smiled and my thumb grazed his scar.
“Do you remember that day?” I asked.
He nodded slowly and opened his eyes.

“I was so damn scared. Thanks”

I smiled at him and nodded.

“Was it the best day of your life?” I asked rubbing his cheek.
“Not the beginning. You telling me you loved me though. That made it the best day”
I smiled.
“I didn’t say it to calm you down though. I really did mean it” I said.
“I know you did”

I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was the first time I told James I loved him.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback to Late April 2009

I gasped when I saw the blood leak onto the ice. I stood up and looked around. I did what I had to do and I jumped over the bar. No one realized this because they were to busy freaking out that James had gotten hit in the face; it looked like he was bleeding from his eye. I got to the corridor where I saw two men holding up James who was just sobbing and screaming “my eye! My eye!”

“James” I said, as I was about to sprint over to him.
“Whoa there lady you can’t go through”
“He’s my boyfriend. I just need to see if he’s ok” I said.

He nodded and led me to a sobbing James. I guess he noticed how distraught I looked but then again so did most people.

“James” I said reaching for his hand.

He reached blindly for my hand and I grabbed onto his hand. His hand was cold and shaking
“James you have to calm down”
“My eye. . . it burns”
“James. Relax…for me.” I said softly as I squeezed his hand.

His breathing relaxed a little but he death gripped my hand.

“We have the ambulance”
James gripped onto my hand and the Dr. looked at me.
“I’m his girlfriend” I said.

He nodded and signaled for me to follow him. They led James inside an ambulance and he was just gripping onto my hand, now even tighter than before. If I lose my hand it’s ok as long as James is ok.

“James you have to relax you’re shaking really bad” I said.
“It hurts”
“I don’t know how it feels James, but you need to calm down” I said.
“It’s over”
He meant his career.
“Shh it is not” I told him.
“I’m s-sc-scared”
“You have every right to be” I said kissing his cheek.

I put my hand against the rag that was on his face and he gripped onto my wrist with his other hand as he leaned on me.

“Tell me something”
“Like?” I asked him as I put my mouth against his hair.
“Anything…Just…I don’t want to think about this”
“Make me forget”

I nodded and I mumbled something into his ear. He froze a little. He had said those words 6 months ago to me, but he told me to take my time.

“Really?”
I nodded and he smiled.
“I love you James. Don’t you think I don’t because I do” I said.

He nodded and after a while he let out a deep sigh.

“It worked”
I smiled and we got to the hospital. They stitched him right up and I had a very groggy James to take care of after.
“I love youuuu”
I smiled and pushed his hair back.
“I love you too” I said.
He gave me a crooked smile, which caused me to laugh.

“Marry me?”

I smiled at him and sat next to him. My hand went to his chest and he gave me a lazy smile.

“Ask me in a few years” I told him.

He nodded and closed his eyes.

“I’m keeping your word on that”

I smiled because he had mumbled it. He was tired and his eye was patched up. Hooray for contact lenses!

“Are you?” I asked as my hand traveled up to his shoulder.

He nodded and smiled.

“Yea…you aren’t getting rid of me”

I smiled and rubbed his cheek. He lazily lifted his hand and gripped onto my wrist.

“Don’t worry I don’t plan on leaving. It’s you and me Neal. Were stuck with each other” I told him.

“Forever?”

“And ever. Forever and always” I said as his hand lost its grip on my wrist and his breathing relaxed.

“I’d marry you right now” I mumbled as I rubbed his pink cheek a little.
“This very second” I added leaning down to kiss his cheek.
I pecked his lips and he stirred a little.

End of flashback
____________________________________________________________________________________

Maggie’s POV

James looked up at me and I smiled at him.

“Lost you there for a moment”

I laughed and I kissed him.
“Hmm”
I laughed and pulled away.

“No”
“Yes, no sex right now. Just cuddling” I said.

His hand instantly went to my hand and he lifted it. He smiled and admired the ring he had put on my hand 2 months ago.

“Let’s go get married today”
“Now James you said you would wait” I told him.
“I was drugged up then and I didn’t realize until later what I had asked you”
“Well you got your yes” I told him.
“Which is why we should go get married. Be spontaneous”
I smiled.
“We aren’t that kind of couple” I told him.

“We should be”
I looked up at him and smiled.
“Ok” I said.
He froze and looked at me.
“Really?”
I nodded and he smiled.

“But you have to wash your hair” I said sitting up
He nodded and I laughed a little.
“You’re not lying to me right?”

I looked at my engagement ring, the ring that had been put on my ring finger no less than 2 months ago. The ring shined on my hand and it was huge, well I thought it was huge. I had never been a girl who liked jewelry, but Diamonds were certainly my best friends now at least this diamond was.
“Yea” I said.
He nodded and sat up looking at me.

“It’s me and you Nealsy” I joked with him.

He laughed and I smiled when his eyes lit up.

“Forever?” he asked.
I smiled.
“And always” I finished.