‹ Prequel: Stand Up
Status: Updated When I Can!

Just Us

Save Me

Lizzie's PoV

"Lizzie?!" A female voice asked. "Is that you? Wake up!" My eyes fluttered open and I saw a familiar face.

"Kelly?" I groaned and looked around me. "What am I doing in your store?"

"That's what I want to know." She said rolling her eyes. "I was opening up and I found you curled up in a ball on the counter cuddling with a bottle of Jack." I looked down and sure enough I was cuddling with a bottle of good 'ol Jack Daniels.

Well that explains the headache. I thought.

"How'd you even get in here?" She asked. When I didn't answer she sighed. "I'm just going to call Andy."

"D-Don't. Whatever you do, do not call Andy." I said.

"Why don't you want me to call Andy?" She asked concerned. "Did something happen between the two of you, because I swear, if he hurt you I'm going to kick his ass."

"Just don't call him alright." I sighed. "If you have to call anyone call Danny, he's the only one that knows I'm here."

"Wait Danny who?"

"Worsnop." I mumbled. "Do you have anything for a hangover?"

"I didn't know you two were so close." She said and threw me a bottle of Advil, which I didn't catch.

"I'm hungover. I don't have good reaction time." I told her when she started laughing. "And I wasn't really, but he's been here for me lately. With everything that's happened."

"Speaking of which, what happened?" She asked.

So I told her everything. About Samantha and how she showed up on my birthday, how she wanted to meet her family, how Samantha was staying with us until she figured something else out, and finally how I walked in on her and Andy kissing and decided to come home.

"That sneaky little bitch!" Kelly yelled when I finished explaining. "I can't believe Andy would go along with that."

"That's why it hurt so much." I said trying not to cry.

"Hun," Kelly comforted. "You can cry you know." When I didn't say or do anything she smiled. "We'll go out and have a girls day. I'll close the store and it'll be amazing."

"I really don't feel like doing anything..." I told her.

"You're doing it whether you like it or not." She said happily.

"Please don't make me." I begged. "I just want to sit here and sulk. With alcohol."

"Not happening." She said. "Do you have any clothes besides that dress?" I looked down at my outfit. I almost forgot I went out last night.

"Not really. I didn't pack much. I have a credit card and was doing a 'buy as I go' thing." I explained.

"I have stuff in the back. Just go change." She told me. I jumped off the counter and stumbled a bit and went back to change. I had a feeling today was going to be a long day...

Andy's PoV

*Ring Ring Ring*

Who the fuck is calling me at 5 in the morning? I thought before answering the phone.

"You mother fucking asshole." The person said when I answered.

"Um, who is this?" I asked confused.

"Kelly. Long time no talk." She said sarcastically.

"Why are you calling me at 5am?"

"Oh just to talk." She simply said.

"Then why'd you call me a 'mother fucking asshole'.?"

"I think we both know the answer to that." She sounded pissed.

"How'd you even find out?" I groaned.

"You know, just found your wife sleeping on the counter of my store cuddling with a bottle of whiskey." She told me.

"What? She went home? Of all the places." I asked shocked.

"Yeah she went home, and judging from the bruises on her arm and the way she's acting, she's staying with her mother." Kelly explained. "You really know nothing do you?"

"Why would she go home?" I wondered aloud.

"Oh I don't know, maybe because the one person who promised to love her forever broke her heart." She pointed out. I didn't say anything. "Her sister though? Really? A whore would have been a better choice than her sister."

"She said the same thing." I laughed.

"Cause it's true. It would have hurt her less." She sighed. "You shouldn't have done it at all."

"She kissed me!" I told her.

"But you didn't stop her." She said coldly. "I know you love Lizzie, It's obvious. The way you look at hurt. You wouldn't hurt her intentionally, and I know that. And to be honest, I think she's over the whole thing, she loves you too much to stay mad. But now she's hurting herself. She reeks of alcohol, she was cuddling with whiskey for Christs sake. You should see what she's wearing, she looks like she walks the street. She's destroying herself one drink at a time, who knows what she'll do next. She needs to be saved again, and you're the only one who can save her."

"What do I do?" I asked.

"Like I said, save her. Get off your sulky ass and fly back here. Make everything right again and then you two can go back to your fairy tale." She said.

"I don't think it's that easy." I laughed.

"Just get here." She told me before hanging up.

She needs to be saved again, and you're the only one who can save her. Kelly's words ran through my head over and over again. Maybe she was right. I'd done it once, and I could, no need, to do it again. Lizzie means the world to me, and if I couldn't fix my mistake I sure as hell will fix her's.

I grabbed a bag and threw a bunch of clothes into it. Not really caring whether anything matched or not, after I called the airlines and booked a ticket to go get Lizzie.

"Someone's in a rush." Samantha said. "What's with the bags?"

"I'm going to get your sister." I told her. To say things had been awkward between us was an understatement. Of course I'd let her stay here, I wasn't not going to, I mean, she is Lizzie's sister.

"You found her? Can I come?" She asked.

"Yes I found her, and no. I don't think that's a good idea." I said.

"Where is she? Why not?"

"You ask a lot of questions." I laughed. "And she went home. You can't come for two reasons, one being she probably doesn't want to see you, and the second being that she's not in the best situation, and you shouldn't see that. She wouldn't want you to see that, I won't let you see that." I explained.

"But you're leaving me alone in your house?" She asked. I laughed.

"No way. Leah's coming over to babysit."

"Aww come on. I don't need a baby sitter, and Leah won't let me do anything fun. She hates me." She complained.

"You were part of the reason her best friend fled town." I reminded her.

"So were you." She glared.

"But I can fix it. You can't." I said and there was a knock on the door. I answered it. "Thanks for doing this." I said as Leah came in.

"Not doing it for you Andy. I said that already. Just go fix Lizzie, bring her back, and if you hurt her, I will kill you." Leah said coldly.

"See she's mean!" Samantha yelled.

"You. Cannot. Speak." Leah told her before looking back at me, "Go." She pointed to the door. I grabbed the bag I had and went to the airport.

I was going to fix this. I'll fix everything, and if she doesn't take me back, fine, I just want her to be okay. I thought as the plane took off.

Lizzie's PoV

"But you didn't stop her." She said coldly. "I know you love Lizzie, It's obvious. The way you look at hurt. You wouldn't hurt her intentionally, and I know that. And to be honest, I think she's over the whole thing, she loves you too much to stay mad. But now she's hurting herself. She reeks of alcohol, she was cuddling with whiskey for Christs sake. You should see what she's wearing, she looks like she walks the street. She's destroying herself one drink at a time, who knows what she'll do next. She needs to be saved again, and you're the only one who can save her."

She's talking to Andy. I told her not to. I internally groaned and continued listening.

There was a pause before Kelly started talking again.

"Like I said, save her. Get off your sulky ass and fly back here. Make everything right again and then you two can go back to your fairy tale."

Another pause,

"Just get here." She hung up. I fell against the wall.

Kelly talked to me for a half hour and had everything figured out. It was that obvious. I was that obvious.

And now I need 'saving.' I never said I wanted to be saved, let alone need to be.

But there was still a part of me, a very small part, that was glad that someone had noticed my cry for help, even if it wasn't intentional.

Kelly had noticed, and now Andy was coming to the rescue. I don't know whether to be happy about this, or absolutely terrified.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment (: