‹ Prequel: Stand Up
Status: Updated When I Can!

Just Us

Getting Better

Andy's PoV

*two weeks later*

"Happy valentines day babe." Lizzie whispered in my ear. She was sober. I smiled. "You know what today is right?"

"The day you agreed to marry me." I said. I'd proposed to Lizzie exactly one year ago today and we got married exactly one year after we met. It might seem cliche, and too soon, but love is love. And they were the best two days of my life, excluding the honeymoon that is.

The last two weeks of my life though? They haven't been so great, and Lizzie's have been even worse.

She's drinking even more now, and nothing seems to make her want I stop.

We've made up of course. She was right when she said that love like ours could t just die. She'd back home now, even though it took a week of convincing. She even forgave Samantha, but I'm still not sure if that was just the alcohol talking or not.

I just wish that I was able to do something about this whole situation.

Before we left Kelly had another talk with me about saving Lizzie from herself because she'll be her own downfall. But then again there's not really anything I can do. She's at the point where she doesn't care any more. She doesn't care about herself, and she's only going to keep going downhill until she can't anymore.

I care though. I always have. With every hangover I've been the one to hold her hair as the alcohol come back up.

It kills me to see her like this. I just sit by and do nothing. I've considered sending her to rehab, but everyone knows that those kind of things only work if you want to get better, and she has no intention of doing that.

This could be the thing that ruins everything between us, and the only people we would be able to blame are ourselves. I pushed her over the edge and once she fell she just kept falling.

So I've taken it upon myself to make her want to stop destroying herself. I'm going to make her better, no matter what.

I was dragged out of my thoughts by a can being opened. I looked over to see Lizzie opening a beer.

"Not today." I said taking it away from her and going to the bathroom and dumping it down the sink.

"That was uncalled for." She glared.

"No it really wasn't." I said in the same harsh tone she gave me.

"I don't want to fight about this now Andy." She told me sadly.

"And you think I do?" I asked. "I hate fighting with you. We never fought. Ever. And then you picked up a bad habit, and it's all we do."

"Oh yeah. Because its all my fault." She said sarcastically.

"It's both of ours Lizzie. We both made mistakes. But the different is I only made one, but you just keep repeating yours. I'm actually shocked that you're sober right now." I explained.

"There's nothing wrong with me." She argued.

"Come here then." I grabbed her hand and walked into the bathroom pointing to the mirror. "That's not Lizzie. So if you ask me there's definitely something wrong."

"I'm still me."

"No you're not. You're your mother." I told her softly.

"No. I'm not. I'm my own person." She shook her head.

"That may be true but the way you're acting is definitely just like the person you said you'd never be." I knew I hit a nerve when she looked up at me and slapped my chest as hard as she could.

"Why do you care? Who're you to judge Andy?"

"I'm your husband." I answered.

"You knew what you were getting into marrying me. I'm messed up. I have been from the start. I went to fucking warped tour 2013 with cuts on my arms, a broken wrist, and a bruised up face." She was almost in tears now. "I became friends with you and things started getting better. We fell in love and got married. And I finally had my fairy tale fantasy become reality and then my little sister whom I had just met, kissed you. My. Little. Sister. I was hurt. I was broken. I was numb and I wanted to feel something again. So yeah I did some things that I regret, but I believe every mistake you make is just another one you can learn from." She leaned against the bathroom counter. "I have manic depression. It doesn't take much for me to become manic again. I'm impulsive when that happens and that's something you need to understand."

"I do understand. I just want you to get help." I said honestly.

"Getting help is going to a bunch of shrinks while they try to figure out what's wrong you. And until they find some psychological problem with you they give you every medication they can try to try to fix you." She told me frustrated. "When there's nothing wrong in the first place. Nothing needs fixing!"

"Not that kind of help babe. I would never do that to you, and you know that." I said softly. "You just need to stop drinking. After you do that everything will solve itself."

"Why?" She asked.

"You're self medicating. And soon alcohol won't be enough and you'll move onto something stronger."

"No I won't. I'd never do that." She argued.

"You also said you'd never become and alcoholic." I pointed out. "Just cut back, then quit."

"It's not that easy."

"Just try to find some motivation Lizzie. I know you're strong enough to get out of this." She looked at me, and for a second I think I saw her eyes flash back to their bright blue before they faded again. "Do it for me. For us." I whispered.

She was quiet until she jumped onto me wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I'm sorry." She cried burying her face in my neck. "I'm ruining everything aren't I?"

"No." I told her. "We're both at fault. But we're gonna get through this."

"I'm gonna try." She said after a minute.

"Thank you."

"No. Thank you." She whispered.

It was going to be hard. But now we were on the same level now and things were going to get better.

*Lizzie's PoV*

"There's just one more. You can do it." Andy told me. I nodded and sighed. Opening the last bottle of any kind of alcohol we had in the house and pouring it into the sink. "You did it." Andy smiled.

"I did it." I said in shock.

Ever since Andy and I had our heart to heart in the bathroom he had been helping me get rid of everything alcoholic in the house. I was glad he yelled at me in a way. Even if I acted like I didn't want help deep down I was doing all of this because I needed it and he was the only person who could give it to me.

I'd gotten into all of this deeper than I thought. I thought that'd I'd be able to control it. But I learned quickly that you can't control and addiction. Once it gets it's hands on you, you lose all control and everything you do now revolves around it.

"I need a cigarette." I mumbled. Andy chuckled before lighting one and handing it to me. "At least you aren't making me quit this."

"I'd be a hypocrite if I did that." He said lighting his own. "I'm proud of you ya know."

"Glad you feel like that. I feel like my whole world was just washed down the sink. Literally." I admitted.

"Not your whole world." He said wrapping his arm around my waist and hugging me. "You can't get rid of me even if you wanted to."

"Good because I'd never want to." I said pecking his lips.

"Where are your rings?" He asked taking my left hand. I'd forgotten all about that.

"Danny has them" I told him. "I gave them to him before I left so nothing happened to it. I forgot he had it."

"We should go get that." He frowned.

"Then I have to change." I gestured down to his shirt and sweatpants I was wearing.

"Come on." He said dragging me upstairs. "Here." He threw me some shorts and one of the shirts I'd gotten from Hot Topic.

"Thanks." I said and went to change in the bathroom quickly. I did my hair and makeup before going back to where Andy was.

"I think that's the quickest I've ever seen you get ready." He laughed. "It's only been 6 minutes." I rolled my eyes.

"Lets go Biersack."

"You can't do that any more. You're a Biersack too." He smirked.

"I like being a Biersack so I guess I don't mind that much." I admitted. "Leave a note for Samantha saying we'll be back later." He nodded and wrote one quickly.

"Lets go see Danny." He said and we went to the car. Things were starting to get back to normal.

-Driving Back From Danny's-

"I never realized how much I missed these." I said looking at the rings on my finger.

"Good." Andy smiled. "We're going out tonight." He told me.

"We are?" I asked.

"In celebration. You said yes a year ago, and you're going to quit drinking." He explained.

"I love that idea."

"Me too." He smiled. "You're going to have to wear a dress you know." I frowned.

"That means you have to wear a suit." I pointed out.

"No, I just need to eat a jacket."

"This isn't fair." I pouted.

"You just don't like wearing dresses. Which I don't understand because you look beautiful in them." He told me.

"They aren't comfortable." I shrugged. "Wear one someday and you'll understand."

"I'm not going to wear a dress."

"Then why make me wear one?" I asked.

"Because you look good in one. Imagine me in a dress." He said before turning onto our road.

"Yeah. You don't have to wear a dress." I laughed. "It'd give me nightmares."

"Glad I got out of that one." He said.

"Wait. Do I have to cover my tattoos? If I do I don't own a dress that covers the one on my back and collarbone." I told him.

"You'll be fine." He parked in the garage. "We're leaving in a few hours. Need any help getting ready?"

"I have to shower." I said hoping he would catch on.

"At your service." He smirked before getting out of the car and running around to open my door. He took my hand and we ran upstairs.

"Where are you to going?" Samantha yelled after us.

"Adult stuff." I yelled back before closing and locking out bedroom door.

"I've missed this." Andy said kissing up and down my neck.

"Me too."