‹ Prequel: Stand Up
Status: Updated When I Can!

Just Us

13. Home

Lizzie's PoV.

"Zip me up?" I asked Andy turning around so he could zip of my dress.

"You look amazing." He told me.

"Thanks." I said kissing him quickly.

"Our reservations are for 7:30, so we should get going." He took my hand and brought me downstairs. Samantha was laying on the couch.

"How was the 'adult stuff'?" She teased.

"Amazing." Andy smirked.

"None of your business." I glared. I said I forgave her, but deep down I wanted to rip her head off.

"You two going out?" She asked ignoring my comment.

"It is valentines day." I said annoyed. "And we are married."

"I know that." She told me. I rolled my eyes.

"We'll be back later. Don't make a mess. Or break anything." Andy said as we walked out of the house.

"No promises."

"I swear I'm going to murder her one day." I said once we were in the car.

"I thought you forgave us?" He asked.

"Or I just said that." I told him.

"And the truth comes out." He said sarcastically.

"Remember when I came on tour for the first time?" He nodded. "Leah told everyone how good I was at holding grudges. I'm also very good at lying and faking things."

"What have you been lying about? Or faking?" He seemed concerned.

"Everything in the last two hours was real if that's what you're worried about." I saw him visually relax. "I love you. I always have. Always will. But I will also always remember what you did with Samantha, and that will always haunt our relationship. As we said earlier, my drinking had already put stressed our relationship, so I'm trying to forget what happened to make it like before. But it's hard." I explained.

"This isn't all on you. Remember that alright? A relationship is two people, and I'll be by your side no matter what. For better or for worse." He promised reaching over to hold my hand.

I was quiet. I knew he was right, but I had realized something over the past month and a half. I learned that to keep myself from getting hurt the only person I could rely on or trust, was myself.

-An hour later.-

"We just got kicked out if a restaurant." I sighed. "How the hell did we manage to get kicked out?"

"I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I think it might have been the fact that you yelled at a baby to shut the fuck up." He laughed.

"It's the parents fault. Who brings a what, 9 or 10 month old baby to a fancy restaurant? I mean, the kid can't eat any of the food, it's going to be fussy and cry, and annoy people. If they really wanted to go out then they should have gotten a sitter." I ranted. "If we had a baby would you bring him or her to this restaurant with us?"

"If we had a baby we probably would even come to this restaurant because you wouldn't want him or her out of your sight for an hour or two. But if I did convince you to go out, we would have Leah or Sammi, or even one of the guys babysit." He explained.

"We'll make good parents some day." I smiled.

"Yeah we will." We were both quiet for a minute until andy said the last thing I expected. "Speaking of parents, mine want to see you, since they haven't since the wedding."

"Are we going to Ohio then?" I asked.

"I told them it was up to you." He shrugged.

"We'll have to find someone to stay at the house with Samantha." I said. "Most likely Leah, she has some obsession with our house." I laughed.

"Does this mean we're going?" He asked.

"Of course we're going. I love Amy and Chris. You know that. There's no way I would turn this down." I sighed.

"I love you even more when you're sober." He told me.

"I do too." I smiled.

-3 days later-

"Why is it always Leah that has to stay with me?" Samantha complained. "Why couldn't it be someone else? Or better yet I stay home alone."

"We're going to be gone a week. I think you're lucky that I let you stay here in the first place. So don't push it." I glared setting my bag down by the door.

"And besides the only other person who were able to stay here for a week with you was Dahvie." Andy said.

"How is that a problem? Dahvie's amazing."

"I wouldn't put one of my best friends through the torture of taking care of you." I explained.

"Then what's Leah?" She asked.

"She's like my sister. She has to put up with you for the sake of my sanity." I explained as the doorbell rang. I opened it to see a smiling Leah.

"Okay, the taxi is outside. All you have to do is get in it." She told me and Andy. "I'll take care of the house, the cat, and the evil sister. You have fun." She told me before walking up to Andy an glaring at him, which was funny since she was considerably shorter. "And you make sure she doesn't do anything stupid."

"Yes ma'am." Andy smiled before taking all the bags and bringing them out to the car.

"No drinking. No partying. No smoking weed, no-" I cut her off.

"Here, lets make this easier. What can I do?"

"Smoke cigarettes, because that's what's keeping you sane at the moment. And have sex with Andy."

"We're staying at his parents house." I glared. "I'm not sleeping with him in his parents house."

"You'll find a way." She winked. "Now go." She pushed me out the door and I climbed into the taxi beside Andy.

"You ready?" He asked excited. I would be too if I were him, being in a band and living in California makes it hard to see his parents as much as he should, and his family means a lot to him.

-skipping to on the plane-

"You know what I just realized?" I asked Andy who was on twitter.

"What did you just realize?" He asked.

"I've never seen your home town, or your house, or the school you went to. Or anything that has to do with you growing up." I told him.

"Then we'll have a lot to do in the next week." He smiled. "Guess who's picking us up at the airport?"

"Um Santa Clause?" I guessed.

"No, Chance." He laughed.

"Chance? As in Chance and Andy?" I asked in shock. "I thought he was in St.Louis."

"Yes that Chance, and he moved back a few months ago. I saw him once on the last tour." He told me.

"You realize I'm fangirling right now right?" I asked.

"I figured." He smirked, kissing the top of my head.

We landed about a half hour later, grabbed our bags from the luggage belt and started looking for Chance.

It took a few minutes until I saw a guy about our age holding a sign that said 'LighteningThunderstein and Mrs.'

"I found him." I told Andy pointing over to him.

"Lets go." He laughed.

"Chance!" Andy yelled.

"Andy!" Chance yelled.

"Lizzie!" I yelled feeling left out causing them both to look. At me funny.

"Yep, I like her already." Chance said throwing his arm around my shoulder. "So you guys want me to drop you off at your parents' and then meet up later?" He asked as we walked out to the car.

"Yeah. Just text me whenever. Or just show up, because that always worked when we were teens." Andy laughed.

"Sounds good to me." Chance smiled. "So Lizzie, tell me about yourself. I need to know about the girl my best friend married since I wasn't invited to the wedding." I turned to Andy.

"You didn't invite him?" I asked surprised. He just shrugged. I rolled my eyes and looked back to Chance. "What do you want to know?"

The car ride to Andy's parents house consisted of Chance questioning me about everything and him and Andy pointing out random things from them growing up. Chance and I got along really well, and I understood how Andy and him were such good friends.

"I'll pick you two up later." Chance said as Andy and I got out of the car.

"See you later." Andy said closing the door, and Chance drive off.

We walked up to the door and knocked.

"Mom! Dad!" Andy smiled.

"Andy!" They cheered in unison.

"Mom! Dad!" I smiled remembering what they told me to call them.

"Lizzie!" They cheered pulling me into a hug.

"We've been here not even 2 minutes you're already spending more time with you're daughter in law than with your son." Andy teased causing Chris and Amy to hug him.

I could already tell this was going to be a good week.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!