‹ Prequel: Stand Up
Status: Updated When I Can!

Just Us

It's Time

Lizzie's PoV

"Andy!" I complained. "Stop it!" He was currently on top of me kissing all over my face and neck while tickling me. "You're parents are down the hall."

"We're rebelling teenagers." He said simply. I rolled my eyes.

"Can you at least get off me?" He sighed and rolled off of me, only to pull me over on top of him so I was straddling him.

"I like this position better." He smirked and kissed me.

"How did I ever fall in love with you?" I asked. "You can be so annoying."

"You love it. And you love me." He shrugged.

"Mm. Very true." I kissed him again just as Andy's bedroom door opened.

"Oh, I'll just um..." Amy said awkwardly taking in the situation.

"Perfect example of why you should knock." Andy laughed as I got off of him.

"I guess you're right." Amy sighed. "Breakfast is downstairs if you want it." She said.

"Thanks mom!" Andy and I yelled in unison. She shook her head and left the room.

"Cockblocker." He mumbled.

"Andy!" I laughed hitting him lightly.

"I'm glad you get along so well with my parents." Andy smiled after a second.

"Me too. It'd be horrible if they hated me." We were both quiet for a minute.

"Hey Lizzie?" He asked softly.

"Yeah Andy."

"Thank you. For forgiving me. For quitting drinking. For just being here." He went on and on, listing a bunch of things.

"Why are you thanking me? The only reason I managed to do all of those things was because we worked together." I explained and my stomach growled.

"I'm guessing you want breakfast?" Andy laughed getting out of bed and going to put a shirt on. "Are you going to get up?"

"You're bed is really comfortable." I told him.

"My moms food is amazing." He said.

"Can you get me clothes?"

"Sure." After a minute he looked up from the suitcase. "We are in Ohio. It's the middle of February and you packed like we're in Florida."

"We live in California. The only long sleeve shirts I own are the ones I wear to cover my scars, which I don't bother covering half the time, and Samantha took them." I said.

"Samantha took your long sleeve shirts?" He asked surprised.

"I did give her all access to my closet." I sighed. "Just give me a sweatshirt or something. I'll be fine." He threw me some jeans and a shirt before going to the closet and finding a sweatshirt of his. "How is this not hanging off of me?" I asked in shock.

"It's from when I was like 15 or 16." He shrugged.

"Why do you still have it then?"

"I never cleaned out my room before I left for California." He sighed. "And mom refused to do it for me."

"Well I'm glad you kept it. It's comfortable." I smiled.

"I have a feeling you're going to raid that closet." Andy laughed.

"You're feeling would be right." My stomach growled again.

"Time to go get Lizzie some food." He grabbed my hand and led me downstairs.

"Wow you went all out." I said to Amy looking at the layout of food.

"Only for the best." She smiled putting two plates down on the table for me and Andy. "You two were out late last night. What'd you do?" Amy asked like any mother would.

"Teenager stuff." Andy said mysteriously.

"By that he means sneaking into a school and getting caught kissing in the auditorium by a janitor." I explained.

"You really don't change do you Andy?" She laughed.

We made more conversation before Amy asked the question I wasn't expecting.

"Am I getting any grandchildren to spoil yet?" She seemed almost hopeful. I almost choked on my orange juice.

"Maybe sometime mom. We're still kind of young." Andy said smoothly.

"I guess I should be glad that you're waiting." She sighed. "But I am getting older."

"You'll get your grandchildren sometime Amy. Don't worry." Chris said walking into the room just as Andy's phone rang.

"Yeah." He paused. "Okay. We'll met you there." He hung up the phone and looked at me. "Chance needs help with something and told us to meet him at his house."

"You can take my car if you don't want to walk." Chris said as Andy and I headed for the door.

"Thanks dad. The food was amazing mom. We'll see you later." Andy yelled before we left and got in the car.

"So where does Chance live exactly?" I asked.

"He's staying in an apartment across town." Andy told me.

I nodded and we were quiet for a while.

"About what my mom said," Andy started. "Do you think it's time? To maybe have a baby?" I was taken aback by the question.

"I don't know Andy..." I trailed off.

"I know. It was a stupid question. Forget it." He sighed.

"It wasn't a stupid question. We have been married almost a year. Together for almost two. I just think of things that would make having kids difficult." I explained.

"So you want to discuss it?" Andy asked hopefully.

"Of course I do." I said.

"Okay. So why do we want kids?" Andy started.

"We want a family." I shrugged.

"We'll become closer." We continued listing reasons on why we should maybe start a family. I was surprised by how many there were.

"So why shouldn't we have kids?" Andy asked.

"Your job. It's been 5 months. Your voice is fine now. You're going to start touring again." I started.

"That's true."

"My drinking. I'm an alcoholic, and even though I might be staying away from it now, I could slip up. And I can't drink when I'm pregnant." I told him. He nodded. "I don't want to be bad parents. I mean, lately I've done a lot of things my mom has. And I feel like I could fall down the same path as her." I admitted.

"Babe, if you feel like we should wait then we'll wait a little longer." He told me.

"But I don't want to wait." I sighed.

"Then we'll leave it to fate. We won't keep trying not to get pregnant. And if you get pregnant you do." He explained.

"Are you saying that when we have sex it'll just be unprotected?" I asked. He nodded. "Okay." I agreed.

"Okay?" He asked.

"Okay." I laughed.

"We'll be amazing parents. I promise." He said.

"I know. Now lets go see what Chance wants." I told him.

-20 minutes later-

"You called us here so that we could help you paint your apartment?" I asked annoyed.

"Of course." Chance smiled.

"You're lucky we're friends." Andy rolled his eyes.

"We're not friends." I said to Chance. "So why do I have to do this?"

"We're not friends?" He asked hurt.

"I just don't want to paint your apartment." I complained. "Why can't you be like Danny and tell me to sit here and look pretty?"

"Cause I'm not sexist." He laughed.

"Lizzie." Andy started. "Sit there and look pretty."

"Someone who gets it." I smiled.

"How does it make you feel knowing that you're married to a sexist person?" Chance asked me.

"It helps me get out of things, so I'm perfectly fine with it." I smiled. Getting comfortable on the couch that was in the middle of the room.

"So we are friends?" Chance asked.

"We can be if you bring me Starbucks." I said.

"Way ahead of you." He smirked going to the kitchen and returning with three coffees.

"We're friends." I confirmed sipping the coffee.

"Can we start painting now? I actually had stuff to do today." Andy said.

"What did you have to do today?" I asked him.

"Stuff to make this week one of the best of your life." He reminded me.

"I'm perfectly happy sitting on your friends couch watching the two of you paint the apartment." I assured him.

"Which is why love you. Along with a bunch if other reasons." He kissed me. Pulling away when Chance coughed awkwardly.

"No kissing around me." He ordered and handed Andy a paintbrush. "Now paint!" He yelled.