‹ Prequel: Stand Up
Status: Updated When I Can!

Just Us

Family

Andy's PoV

*A Little Over a Month Later*

"So when will you be here?" I asked. I was currently on the phone with Lizzie's sister Alexis. She was coming out for Lizzie's birthday. She had gotten an early flight and would be here by noon. Lizzie had said that she didn't feel like seeing her family I knew she was worried about Alexis. Even if she wouldn't admit it.

"I just landed. I'm getting my bags now." She told me.

"Want me to pick you up?"

"No, I can get a taxi. Does she know I'm coming yet?" She asked.

"She doesn't think anyone is coming." I said.

"She's gonna be pissed." Alexis laughed.

"She'll get over it." I assured her.

"If you say so. I gotta go, but I'll be there in like a couple hours. I still have to check into my hotel." She said before hanging up. I sighed and walked up upstairs to find Lizzie in the bathroom. I went up and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Who was that?" She asked continuing to put on her makeup.

"Joe. He wants to film a new episode of Average Joe." I lied.

"That'll be fun." She smiled.

"Yeah it should be." I said as she finished doing her makeup. "I still don't get why you wear this stuff." I sighed holding up her makeup bag. "You don't need it."

"Yes I do." She said grabbing the bag from me.

"You really don't. But whatever, if you want wrinkly eyes be my guest." I shrugged. She sighed and walked out of the bathroom. I followed and grabbed her wrist before she could leave the bedroom.

"What?" She asked. Turning to look at me.

"What's wrong?" She seemed annoyed and I was a little concerned.

"I don't know. I'm just not feeling myself today." She admitted.

"It's your birthday. It's your day." I reminded her.

"I know. It's just..." She trailed off looking at the floor.

"Do you want one of your presents now?" I offered.

"One of my presents. As in multiple things?" She asked with her eyebrows raised.

"You're my wife. If you thought for one second I wasn't going to go all out on birthday presents you know nothing about me." I smirked. "Besides. I kept my promise. I didn't plan you a party. Or spend too much money."

I walked over to the bed and grabbed the box from under it.

"That's the most obvious place to hide something." Lizzie laughed.

"You didn't find it. So I say it worked just fine." I said and handed her the box. "Happy birthday babe."

She opened the box and looked at what was inside.

"Are these...?" She started.

"Every picture we've ever taken together since the day we met." I told her. "You said something about decorating the media room wall with a collage, so I got you the pictures to do it." She smiled and hugged me.

"I love it." She whispered and kissed me.

"I love you."

"Obviously." She laughed.

"So. Since its your birthday what do you want to do?" I asked as she was putting the box on the bed.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

"You really aren't into birthdays are you?" I chuckled.

"You saw me last year when Leah threw me that party. I basically sat in the kitchen with a bottle of whiskey avoiding everyone." She sighed. "The last birthday thing I did was when my aunt was still alive. I didn't have any friends so I invited the populars who were only there because their parents made them."

"Did you have fun?"

"I didn't kill anyone if that's what you mean." She paused. "I guess it was fun though. It was the last year I really did or got anything, so my birthday is just another day now." I frowned.

"C'mere." I said holding my arms out. "We are going to go downstairs, watch a movie, and be teenagers again."

"Can it be high school musical?" I looked at her before laughing.

"Sure babe, but since we're being teenagers I don't know how much of it will actually be watched."I smirked.

"Like we used to when I came on tour with you guys last December." She smiled sitting on the couch while I turned on Netflix.

"The guys have me so much shit for that."

"But it was worth it right?" She asked.

"More than you could ever know." I said before sitting next to her and pressing play.

Lizzie's PoV

We didn't end up watching any of the movie, not that I'm complaining.

"Best. Birthday. Ever." I said, and put my head on Andy's shoulder. Just then the doorbell went off. "Who's that?" I asked and got up to answer it.

"Happy Birthday motherfucker!" Dahvie and Jayy exclaimed.

"Oh my god." I laughed. "What are you guys doing here?"

"I tried texting you to tell you we were showing up but someone didn't reply." Jayy said.
"Right. Sorry about that." I said stepping aside and letting them in. "I haven't looked at my phone all day." Just then Andy come into the room with my phone. I unlocked it to see a bunch of tweets, text messages, and missed calls, great.

"I'm guessing we weren't the only ones trying to get a hold of you." Dahvie joked.

"I didn't really think anyone would remember." I admitted. "Besides, I'm not big on birthdays."

"Me either, but it gives me an excuse to party." Jayy shrugged.

"That's a good point." I nodded.

"Exactly why we brought this." Dahvie smiled holding up a bag that looked like it had party favors, alcohol, and some other things.

"I don't know if I should be worried or not." Andy said as the doorbell rang again. I was beginning to get suspicious.

"I'll get it." I sighed and opened the door. "Alexis?!" I asked in shock.

"Wait your sister?" Jayy asked coming up behind me.

"The one and only." Alexis answered. "Who are you?"

"Jayy Von Monroe." He told her.

"He's in Blood On The Dance Floor." I explained. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Am I not allowed to see my little sister on her birthday?" She asked acting hurt. I sighed,

"Do what you want." I grabbed Jayy's hand and walked back over to Dahvie who was holding out a bottle of something I'd never heard of with his eyebrows raised. "Start mixing, we have stuff in the kitchen if you need anything else." I told him. He nodded and went to the kitchen.

"You okay?" Jayy whispered to me as Andy and Alexis were talking.

"I just don't know why she's here, I'm not mad she is, I just don't know if I was ready to see her." I explained. "And just a warning, you're gonna hate her."

"She's gonna hate me before I get the chance to hate her." He laughed.

"You aren't that easy to hate." I told him.

"When people meet me they either love me or hate me, there is no in between. And if you hate me I'm just going to do things to make you hate me more." He shrugged.

"This is why we get along."

"No we get along because you are one of the few people who don't annoy me." He said as Dahvie came back out with a tray of drinks.

"I present, the Vanity special." He announced handing everyone a drink.

"Wait, who're you?" Alexis asked.

"Dahvie Vanity, he's in BOTDF too." I answered before Dahvie could say anything.

"Damn Liz, you have some weird friends." She said taking a sip of her drink.

"We aren't friends, we're family." Dahvie told her. I sighed and walked over to Andy, grabbing his cigarettes and lighter from his back pocket.

"You okay?" He asked me quietly as I lit one. "You only smoke when you're stressed or when you're bored."

"I'm fine." I assured him. Pecking his lips quickly.

"I asked Alexis to come." He told me. I wasn't surprised.

"I don't mind, I just wasn't expecting it." I said honestly. He nodded and Alexis put her arm around my shoulder.

"Family huh? You replaced us?" She asked.

"Always said I would. You were the one who believed that family was all you have in the end, not me." I shrugged.

"Besides she didn't have much of a family." Jayy added.

"She has the best she ever could have now." Dahvie finished.

"What do you guys know about her family?" Alexis asked them.

"More than you probably do." Jayy said rudely. He wasn't lying when he said he'd make her hate him.

"Right..." She trailed off. Andy coughed awkwardly. I was about to start another conversation when my phone started ringing. Kellin was calling.

"Hey Kellin." I smiled standing up and leaving the room, hoping Jayy and Alexis wouldn't kill each other.

"Happy birthday!" He exclaimed. "You should be getting a present from me, Katelynn, and Copeland today."

"You didn't have to do that." I said as I stood on the porch outside.

"I know. But I did." He laughed. "So you having a party or whatever?"

"No, but Jayy and Dahvie showed up out of nowhere. Along with my sister." I told him.

"Your sister?" He sounded surprised.

"Andy called her. I had no idea." I sighed.

"Well are you alright?"

"Yeah, I should be, and if I'm not I'll get shitfaced and not remember a thing."

"Then you'd be hungover." He reminded me. "Just call Leah and tell her to come over."

"Her and Alexis did always got along." I said.

"I'll call her." He told me.

"Thanks Kellin."

"No problem Lizzie. Best I can do since I'm not there." He laughed. I saw Andy waving me to come inside through the window.

"If I haven't told you before, you're the best."

"I know." He chuckled.

"I gotta go, text me or tweet me or whatever." I said.

"Will do. I'm going to call Leah."

"Okay," We hung up and I went inside.

"They don't get along very well." Andy told me as Jay and Alexis were arguing over whatever.

"Kellin's calling Leah and telling her to come over and referee." I shrugged drinking more of the drink Dahvie made.

"You sure you're okay?"

"Perfectly fine." I said going onto twitter and replying to people.

"Lizzie!" Dahvie said loudly causing me to look up."Here." he threw me a small box.

"You got me something?" I asked.

"Of course. Family remember?" He smiled and I opened the box finding size 10 gauges that said 'BOTDF' on the side, it was perfect since I needed size 10's and hadn't bought them yet.

"How'd you know I got gauges?" I asked. He laughed,

"I do follow you on twitter."

"You're amazing." I smiled.

"Yeah. I know." He said and walked over and messed up my hair.