‹ Prequel: Stand Up
Status: Updated When I Can!

Just Us

Tough Love

Andy's PoV

"You think you can finish up here?" I asked Samantha. We were making Christmas cookies, and Lizzie was wrapping presents somewhere.

"Yeah. It's no problem." She told me.

"I'm going to bring Lizzie some cookies." I said before taking a plate out to Lizzie.

She looked exhausted, and she had the right to be. It was 5:30 in the morning.

"Tired?" I asked.

Not really. I have a lot of paper cuts though." She told me with a small smile.

"That's why you shouldn't procrastinate." I laughed. She glared at me. "We made cookies." I handed her a plate of decorated sugar cookies to change the subject.

"My sister and I did something like this when we were kids. We went to my aunts and she put us to work. We spent the whole day making different kinds of cookies then putting them on plates and covering them with some Christmas plastic wrap." She told me. "We went and gave them all to everyone in the neighborhood after."

"Did you get to eat any?" I asked. She always loved talking about things from her childhood that happened with her aunt. Her eyes always lit up when she talked about her. I wish she was alive so I could meet her.

"Of course. I was like 9 years old, you couldn't put anything with sugar in front of me and have me not eat it." She laughed. "What time is it?" She asked suddenly.

"5:48. In the morning." I said "Merry Christmas Lizzie." I leaned down and kissed her.

"Merry Christmas." She smiled.

"Do you want to take a nap and do present stuff later?"

"Can I?" She asked.

"Course babe. Love you." I said.

"Love you too. Wake me up in a few hours." I nodded and she went upstairs, she really did look exhausted.

She was putting a lot of effort into this Christmas, and I didn't know why. I just assumed it had something to do with her little sister being here.

I sighed and walked back to where Samantha was.

"She decided to take a nap, you can too if you want. It's probably going to be a long day." I told her. She nodded.

"I'll see you in a few hours." She said before skipping to her room. I sighed and shook my head before looking at the mess we had made. Lizzie would kill me if she saw this.

I started to pick everything up. Putting the dirty dishes into the dishwasher and putting all the cookies onto a plate.

Once that was done I went into the living room where the tree was set up. We really had gone all out. But I didn't mind. It was nice.

I spent the rest of the early morning on twitter. I must of fell asleep because the next thing I knew someone was kissing me. My eyes shot open and I saw Samantha's blonde hair.

She continued kissing me and even though I knew it was wrong.

One thing led to another and I was on top of her. She started tugging at the hem of my shirt when we heard a door slam.

Fuck.

I pulled away and ran upstairs to Mine am Lizzie's bedroom and opened the door.

"I swear nothing happened." I told her. It wasn't a complete lie. We were kissing and it was going somewhere. But nothing really happened.

"Then what did I just walk in on." She said trying to stay calm, but I could tell from her voice it was taking everything she had not to fall apart. "The most upsetting thing about this is who it was with." She shook my head and went to walk away but I grabbed her wrist and stopped stopped.

"I love you." I whispered. She was crying. I just wanted to hug her and kiss her and say everything is okay. But I don't think it is. She's angry. She's confused. She's upset. And it's all my fault.

"I know." She said and grabbed her backpack and walked out of the room.

I stared at where she was just standing before sitting on the bed and letting my head fall into my hands.

I just let the love of my life because of one stupid mistake.

After about and hour of sulking my phone buzzed. I looked at it hopefully and saw a notification from twitter. Lizzie had tweeted and it made me feel even worse knowing that I had hurt her.

I sighed and texted all of our close friends. People who I knew she would call if she was in a bind. Asking if they knew where Lizzie was and telling what happened.

Leah just chewed my ass out calling me an idiot. But I knew that already.

When everyone said they hadn't heard from her I got even more worried and bombarded her with texts.

Saying I was sorry, I didn't know what happened, just asking if she was okay. I was worried, I hated not knowing if she was okay. She hadn't answered any of my texts so I sent her three words that I wanted her to know. The three words that mattered.

I love you.

Lizzie's PoV.

I woke up the next morning. My head was pounding. I looked around and noticed a room I hadn't seen before and someone next to me. I looked over to see the last person I expected. Danny. I made sure I was wearing all my clothes before letting out the breath I didn't know I was holding in.

Thank god.

I closed my eyes and laid back in the bed. What exactly happened yesterday? I thought for a minute before everything came back to me.

Cookies, Andy and Samantha, me leaving, going to a bar, Danny finding me, the texts from everyone.

Before I knew it I was crying again.

"Deep breaths." I heard Danny tell me.

"I gotta go." I told him.

"Where?" He asked knitting his eyebrows together.

"Can't say. But thanks for everything." I said standing up.

"You're hungover. I'm not letting you go anywhere." He told me.

"Like you haven't been hungover before and still done things. I'll be fine." I glared.

"Can you just do one thing for me?" He asked. I nodded.

"Call him. Tell him you're alive at least. You don't have to be nice, or sweet or loving, be a complete bitch, you have the right to be, just call him." He begged.

"Danny..."I trailed off. He just looked at me. "Fine. Where's my phone?" I asked. He handed it to me and I took a deep breath before tapping his name.

"I'll be outside." Danny told me as the Andy answered. This was going to be harder than I thought.

"Lizzie?! Are you okay?! Where are you?" He yelled through the phone. It sounded like he was exhausted

"I'm fine. I'm at Danny's, but I'm leaving soon." I sighed.

"Where are you going?" He asked concerned.

"Don't worry about it." I said harshly, I took a deep breath, "I'm fine though Andy, that's all that matters, Okay?"

"Yeah, I guess so, I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"I'm sorry too. Where's Samantha?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, I haven't seen her since, well, you know, I haven't really left the bedroom though. She has knocked on the door a few times, but I didn't answer it. I think Ella and Lauren are coming over to talk to her though." He explained.

"Oh." I said. We didn't say anything for a while. The silence between us, probably for the first time since we met, wasn't nice, it was unnerving, and I hated it. I was about to hang up when he said something.

"Are you going to come back?" He sounded like he was about to cry.

"I don't know Andy, I might, it's just gonna take a while. I mean it was my little sister. To be honest, I'd rather it would have been some random whore or something." I admitted.

" We were j-just kissing. N-nothing more. I don't even know why it happened. I was just sleeping and then she kissed me and I kissed back, I don't know why, it just happened. I just, I'm sorry." He rushed.

"I accept the apology Andy. I do. And as much as I want to forget that this whole thing happened I can't." I told him, trying not to start crying like he was. I needed to stand my ground.

"I love you." He said. I sighed,

"I love you too, just give me some time." I hung up and buried my face in the pillow screaming in frustration. "Danny!" I yelled.

"Advil. Water. Anything else?" He handed me the water and the pills.

"Your wifi password. I gotta book plane tickets."