‹ Prequel: Stand Up
Status: Updated When I Can!

Just Us

Like Mother Like Daughter

Lizzie's PoV
*Two weeks later.*

I groaned and rolled over on the couch I was sleeping on. I opened my eyes to see my mother smirking down at me. She'd been like that ever since I arrived. Saying 'I told you so' every time she saw me.

"Morning." I said trying to ignore her attitude.

"I told you so." She smirked. "Now get ready, we're going out."

"Where?"

"Dinner with my friend and his son." She told me. "You remember Bruce don't you?"

Sadly. I thought, but just nodded.

"Be ready in an hour." She said before leaving the room.

This has been what the last two weeks have consisted of, her dragging me out to dinner with her and her 'friends' and their sons, but I've been drinking so much that anything that happens are all a blur anyway.

Danny's the only one who knows where I am, he's become my go to guy in all of this, and it's funny because he was the last person I would have gone to a month ago.

I sighed and got off the couch and went into the bathroom, grabbing a random dress and my make up on the way. I hoped into the shower, shaved, and did all that stuff before changing and drying my hair, deciding to leave it natural. I quickly did my make-up and looked at myself in the mirror.

All the drinking had bloated me, and I looked about 5 years older, and had that 'tough' look on my face that drinkers get. I looked like a slut because of the dress and the way I did my make-up. I'd become exactly what I never wanted to be, and it scared me how fast thing changed.

My eyes trailed down to my left hand. It was bare now, I'd given the wedding band and ring to Danny to take care of for me. I never thought I would feel as empty inside as I did without it. I grabbed the locket that Andy had given me for my birthday that I was still wearing, for some reason I haven't taken it off.

My head fell into my hands, how did everything become so fucked up so quickly.

"Elizabeth! Bruce and his son are here!" My mother yelled to me sweetly. I rolled my eyes at her act before sliding on some converse, yes converse with a dress, I don't do heels.

"Hi, sorry for making you wait." I said in the same sweet tone as my mom.

"It's fine, how about we get going yeah?" Bruce asked. We all nodded and went out to his car. He was driving, my mom was in the passenger seat, and I was in the back with his son.

"I'm Alex by the way." He told me as we turned onto the road.

"Elizabeth, but call me Lizzie." I said. He nodded and all made small talk on the way to the restaurant.

"My lady." Alex smiled holding the door open for me.

"Why thank you kind sir." I said and got out.

"Nice shoes by the way. We have similar tastes." He said. I looked down and noticed he was also wearing converse. I laughed and nodded.

"You kids alright with not sitting with us?" Bruce asked I nodded.

"We'll be fine." Alex said and dragged me over to a table far away from Bruce and my mom. "Let me guess, you were dragged into coming too?"

"Have been my whole life." I laughed.

"I know the feeling." He said as the waiter came over.

"What can I get you two to drink tonight?"

"Do you have a bar?" I asked.

"Downstairs." I looked over to Alex.

"You don't mind if we go down there for this whole thing do you?" He just shrugged and I turned back to the waiter, "We can smoke down there right?" I asked.

"Yes Ma'am." I smiled and grabbed Alex's hand and walked downstairs.

"You drink and smoke?" He asked as we sat down at the bar.

"Course." I smiled as the bartender came over. "Um. Jager Bomb and a Long Island Iced Tea." I told him.

"Um, just a beer." Alex said. The bartender walked away to get our drinks and I lit a cigarette. 'Who's Andy?" Alex asked. I looked at him confused. "The tattoo." He said.

"My husband." I answered.

"You're married?" He asked surprised.

"8 months."

"Who's the lucky guy?"

"Andy Biersack. Lead singer of Black Veil Brides." I told him. "He's being an asshole at the moment though so I came home."

"He's in a band? Did he cheat?" He asked.

"Sort of. I walked in on him and my younger sister kissing." I said as the drinks were set down.

"So are you guys breaking up?"

"I honestly don't know anymore." I took a large drink of the Long Island. "Haven't heard from him since I came back." I admitted.

"Do you love him?" He asked suddenly quiet.

"I didn't marry him for the money." I said harshly. "Of course I do, it just all feels like a mistake." I finished the first drink.

"You should call him. Talk it out." He told me. I looked at him.

"Sorry, not gonna happen."

"Hear what he has to say at least." He offered.

"Why should I. Actions speak louder than words." I said slightly slurring.

"Just take my word for it okay? You'll regret not doing it if something happens." He said sounding desperate. I just shook my head and put the money for the drinks on the table.

"I'll see you around Alex." I said before leaving the restaurant.

Maybe he was right.

Maybe I should call him before it was too late.

I thought about it for a few minutes before realizing the street I was on. I smiled at the memory.

*Flash Back*

My phone kept lighting up. They all kept becoming more and more frantic. Andy was calling me for what seemed the 100th time when I finally answered.

"I'm fine you know." I sniffed through the phone.

"You finally answered." He stated.

"Obviously. You're talking to me."

"So where are you?" He asked worried.

"On a sidewalk. In the dark."

"Don't worry. I'm coming to get you. Don't hang up." He told me. I didn't. We didn't talk as he went looking for me. The fact he was on the phone and there for me.

It didn't take him that long to find me. He sat next to me.

"So.." He started.

"So.." I said.

"Leah told us everything. About your mother. And what happened last night." Andy told me quietly, I chuckled.

"No she didn't. Because she doesn't know everything." I said. He stayed quiet.

"You know when you said that my music had helped you through some tough times I had no idea..." He said. His voice faded toward the end.

"I know." I said. He pulled me into an awkward side hug.

"We should get you to a hospital you know." He told me. I frowned. I never liked hospitals. They smelled like death. And old people.

"Do we have to?" I asked like a whinny child.

"Yes now lets go. Sammi is bringing the van with Ashley and Leah. While Jinxx, Jake and CC went to get your car. They'll meet us at the hospital." I nodded. We waited for Sammi and the others to pick us up then we were off to the hospital.

*End Flashback*

I spun my phone around in my hands as another memory came to mind,

*Flashback*

I was sitting on the porch of the farm house in my wedding dress. Today was the day. The day that I finally got to marry the man who I would spend the rest of my life with. I was happy. But why did I feel so nervous and unsure? I was about to get up when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"You as nervous as I am?" Andy asked through the phone.

"If not more." I laughed.

Andy and I talked until it was time for us to get married.

"See you in a few minutes future Mrs. Biersack." He said. I could tell he was smiling.

"See you in a few minutes." I laughed. We hung up and I went to meet Jayy, who luckily, had agreed to give me to Andy. I'll admit it was kind of weird, but Jayy and I were really close, I told him everything, and he told me what he thought about it, not caring if it hurt my feelings or not.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded. "Good." he smiled.

The ceremony was pretty boring, but the vows were what made it amazing.

"I write songs all the time, but when I tried to write this it didn't turn out very well, so I'm just going with it." Andy said causing everyone to laugh. "You're real Lizzie. That's what I love about you. You've beat the odds, and you've made your life okay again, and that day when I first met you I knew we were going to be friends. I didn't ever think I'd actually end up marrying you. But I guess no one can tell the future. Wow, this is cheesy. But I love you, and that's all that matters." He finished awkwardly. People laughed, but I found it really sweet.

"I don't feel as bad about not writing this down now." I laughed. "You make me feel like I'm actually a person. Like I'm alive, and that's never something I really felt before. I've had some really low points in my life, and I've gotten through them with your support." I admitted. "I was just a fan. Never even thought I'd meet you, and now I'm marrying you. I never thought I would ever leave that town, let alone fall in love. So thanks." I finished. Andy smirked slightly, and I heard Leah and Sammi 'Awwee' loudly.

The priest continued the ceremony and soon we were saying I do.

"We're married." I laughed as we left for the reception.

"And in love." He added.

"The only thing in my life that isn't messed up. It's perfect." I smiled.

*End Flashback*

If I only knew.

I thought about everything that happened over the last two weeks. Coming home and the mental abuse from my mother continuing, I started drinking heavily, I started dressing like a whore, and most of all, I was slowly turning into my mother. I just wish everything could go back to the way it was before my birthday. Before I met Samantha. Before I caught her and Andy kissing. I wanted everything to be perfect again.

But even I knew that wasn't going to happen.