Status: In progress

Break Me Down

Outside Of Your Window

Michelle had gotten up at 6:30.

An ungodly hour. Getting up early for work had totally messed with her sleeping habits and now she was in her art studio with the garage door open, giving her a view of her street which was empty and slightly foggy.

She was still in her pajamas; a black crop top showing off her stomach and grey sweatpants. Her big wool socks were hiked up over the edge of her sweatpants and pulled up her calf, and to top it all off she wore her black hair in a messy bun.

She balanced a huge mug of coffee in her left hand and a paint brush loaded with red paint in her right.

Michelle was furiously painting a blank canvas when a black SUV with tinted windows sped up to her driveway and screeched to a stop right by her canvas.

She stood shell shocked in her driveway, paint dripping from the paint brush the was in her frozen hand.

Ross Lynch jumped out of the car, yelling into it,

“Rydel! You’re going to kill someone’s cat. Or an infant. Someone else drive!” He slammed the door shut for emphasis as the rest of the band filed out of the car. Ross beamed at her while Rydel simply slithered out of the car looking embarrassed.

“Sorry.”

“What are you guys doing here?” Michelle asked? Clearly not expecting company by the way she was dressed.

“Where is your shirt?” Asked Ross, a sly smile on his face to cover the fact that he had just been blatantly staring at her exposed abdomen.

“Shut it, Lynch.” She bantered back. “But seriously its seven in the morning and you guys look ready to . . . OH! You’re concert. That explains the sequins.” She smiled at Rydel and her black eye makeup.

“Yeah dude, we want you to come. It’s your day off. You have to have some fun.” Riker laughed and swung a lanyard with an access card around in the air. “Backstage passes!”

“I just wa-” Michelle started but was interrupted by Ross.

“Just put on a shirt and lets go.” He smiled widely at her and that action made her want to come. It seemed like it would make him happy.

She pondered it for a moment and finally said, “Ross, take my coffee, go into my kitchen and pour it in a travel mug. I’ll be down in a second.”

Ross, who had been waiting with bated breath, jumped to grab her coffee mug and followed her into her house.

“Kitchen is over there.” She directed him, “Second cupboard to the left.”

She left with a smile and bounded up the stairs.

Ross got out a travel mug it was red with a white target on it. He decided to chose a different one. He didn’t want to remind her of her job while she was supposed to be having fun with him so he went for a navy blue one with a bunch of pictures of her and what looked like her friends on it.

He scanned the collage on the mug and smiled as he saw a picture of Michelle with three other friends, they were wearing handcrafted headbands with various animals protruding from the top.

Another picture with the same three girls and Michelle in some sort of theme park.

He scanned all the photos and came across one where Michelle was engaged in a rather heated lip lock with a brown haired boy. He frowned and didn’t hear Michelle coming down the stairs.

“Ah,” She commented, announcing her presence, “My memory mug. That took a lot of work.”

He looked up and stuttered on his words. She was wearing a a dark red lace crop top with a high waisted leather skirt that left only an inch of skin showing where the shirt didn’t quite reach. Her hair was down and wavy and she was wearing demur red lip stick. She was beautiful.

“Have you put my coffee in it yet?” She asked again, noting that he obviously didn’t hear her the first time.

“No, I was just about to.” She laughed, “You didn’t really put on a shirt did you?”

She laughed at his commentary and grabbed the mug before he could pour anything in. She undid the top of the cup and pulled out the inside layer so she could have access to the photos. She took one off, crumpled it up and threw it away. She reassembled the cup and placed it in front of him.

“Have at it.” She said, gesturing to her cup where Ross proceeded to pour the contents of her mug into the travel cup.

She reached down to grab her purse and asked him to bring the mug out for her.

Ross followed her out but couldn’t help the boyish smile that creeped onto his face when he noticed the bare space on the memory mug where a photo used to be.

Guess he wasn’t that important.