Status: In progress

Break Me Down

Man on the Moon

The entire R5 crew and Michelle were currently driving down the highway at rocket speed. Rocky, who was in the passenger seat kept screaming and RYdel to slow down, but somehow she kept speeding back up to what felt like 100 over the speed limit.

Riker and Ellington were in the middle seats conversing about the playlist for their concert this afternoon and if any of the girls in the audience would be hot and over their usual fan base age, which was 12.

Ross and Michelle had been stuck in the back seats and Ross kept looking at the coffee mug which Michelle was currently slugging back like a champ. He smiled at the empty space where that offending photo had been.

Michelle caught Ross eyeing her coffee mug and nudged him with her arm,

“Do you want some?” She offered, handing him the cup she was cradling like a new born.

“Uh, sure.” Ross smiled and took the offered mug to act as a cover as to why he had really been staring at the mug with a stupid grin on his face.

He choked the disgusting liquid back and handed the mug back to Michelle with a his face crinkled in obvious disgust.

“What?” She said, worried that she had left a glob of spit on the rim or something.

“You drink your coffee black?” He choked out, reaching for a water bottle.

Michelle nodded.

“How many scoops of coffee grinds was that? Twelve?” SHe asked sarcastically making a statement about how strong it was.

“Seven.” She laughed at his shocked face and they continued to argue over whether five was the best amount of scoops to put in a coffee machine or whether it was seven.

Ross had given in when Michelle had leaned against him and purred, “Ross, just agree with me.”

When he nodded his head with wide eyes, she seemed surprised that had worked and he wondered whether she even knew the effect she had on men. He had seen it when she’d first met his brothers and they had all been smitten by her. He could only imagine how many people were hopelessly in love with her and she didn’t even know she’d made them fall. She had them all hypnotized.

They spent the rest of the drive to the venue smiling and laughing at each others jokes.

Soon enough they were all piling out of the car and being escorted through the many hallways and security run doors to their dressing room.

“So,” Ross started, “This, is your access pass and this is your walkie talkie so you can staying contact with us if you lose us.”

He handed her both as they entered the dressing room which was about the size of a small museum.

“The walkie also connects with the security team, so if you need anything just let me know.” A rather attractive young security guard smiled at her and stood in relatively close proximity to Michelle.

She smiled back at him and the security guard winked at her, Michelle figuring that he was just being friendly began a conversation, “Well that’s handy. Though I doubt I’d be the one getting accosted by rowdy fangirls.”

He laughed and stuck out his hand, “I’m Albert.”

“Nice to meet you, Al. I’m Michelle. A friend of Ross’.” They shook hands and Ross led her away from him to show her the rest of the dressing room.

Michelle waved at Albert and called, “See you around!”

Ross’ hand was protectively on her back leading her a safe distance from the well-build, attractive man.

Albert’s eyes followed Michelle until they were completely out of sight.

“Nice security team.” She smiled, “Attractive too.”

“Yeah. Totally. He put that on his resume.” Ross joked with a slightly sour tone. “Anyway, this is where our wardrobe is put, our Mom picks out all of our stuff but we’re pretty much dressed anyway so how about we head out to sound check. I think everyone is already there.”

Michelle looked around and noticed that the place was completely empty besides the two of them. She figured they had left while she had been talking to Albert. Her walkie then started to come to life with a rough voice coming through the speaker.

“R5 to the stage. I repeat R5 to the stage for sound check.”

“I guess that’s you’re cue.” Michelle commented and they began their trek to the stage.

The concert was amazing. They Lynch family had this stage presence that resonated throughout the crowd and Michelle who had been backstage was in awe of how they owned the stage.

Michelle found herself smiling in those moments when Ross and Rocky would stand close to each other playing their guitars and playing off of the melody the other was playing. Ross would smile as though he could never be happier and Michelle wished that she could have been as passionate about something as he was about his music. As they all were about their music.

Michelle and Ross had been dropped off at Michelle’s house because Ross had been hinting that he wanted to come over and hangout with her. She had picked up the hints and invited them all over. Ross was the only one who had taken her up, the others giving justification for they were too busy or tired.

“This is my room.” Michelle opened the door and Ross was instantly preoccupied with looking at everything. The room was astounding. Totally weird and out there but Ross thought it was perfect for her.

One wall was entirely covered in pictures, letters, ribbons, drawings. There was even a piece of cement on it. Then he noticed the huge cardboard cut out of Gandalf the Grey from Lord of the Rings in the corner of the room.

She had a futon set up with a coffee table in front of it. THere were ribbons hanging from the ceiling down to the futon and surrounding her bed there were playing cards individually hanging from the ceiling. It smelled like a vanilla cupcake in her room and there was so much more to look at.

“Woah.”

“I get that a lot. My parents kind of left this part of the house to me. They didn’t really care what I did with it.” She said, walking into her closet, the door painted to look like a telephone booth.

The door was wedged open a crack and Ross couldn’t help but stare as she pulled her shirt over her head and pulled the skirt down over her hips. He looked away and smiled at her as she emerged from the room seconds later in a loose black top with a bunch of holes cut out of it and black sweatpants.

“Are you hungry? I can make you something.” She asked, walking out of her room and beckoning him to follow her.

“Sure, I can help.” He responded, following her down the stairs.

“How about pancakes? Nothing says ten at night like a good old stack of pancakes.” She laughed and he joined in.

They got work into kitchen mixing and measuring until Michelle flung a spoonful of sugar at the back of his head.

He turned around ominously with a deadly look in his eye. He slowly reach into the bag of flour and said,

“You shouldn’t have done that, Ms. Midland.”

She narrowed her eyes with a mocking glare and responded, “Prove it.”

With lightening fast reflexes he tossed a handful of flour at her and she managed to doge most of it. The damage being mostly to her hair.

They continued on for half an hour engaging in a full on war. By the end of it they were laying on the kitchen floor, covered from head to toe in flour, as was the kitchen. They were in hysterics as they laid next to each other.

That was when the door opened and Michelle’s parents filed in and came to stop when their eyes landed on the destroyed kitchen and the ghostly white teens.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. I hope you are liking this story. I can't believe I'm this old and obsessed with a 17 year old. It's shameful. But I can't help it.
Comment with any ideas or constructive criticism you may have :)