Status: I update when I can write more chapters. I apologize to the people who enjoy this story if I don't update enough.

Don't You Ever Forget About Me

Prologue

I guess you could say everything began in 1st grade. It was the year that I met him, the year we became inseparable. Back then, I had no idea I'd fall so hard for the boy with the dark hair and eyes that changed from blue to green on a daily basis. But I did, and I'll admit that some points in all the time I knew Christian I'd wish I hadn't. But that's for later on. Now, I'll tell you of how we met.

Looking back it was kind of adorable, the awkward first day of first grade. You know how it goes; not wanting to let go of Mom's hand because everyone there were strangers and you were afraid of strangers. But then you'd see the kind lady that would teach you how to finger-paint and put on cartoons when it was nap time, and you'd suddenly get a rush of courage. You'd see all the kids inside already having fun playing with toys and coloring in coloring books, and you'd just want to join in. You'd give Mom a kiss and a hug then you'd dash to play Pretty Princesses at the dress up station.

That's basically what happened when I showed up. But, instead of dashing to the dress up station I looked around. That's when my eyes fell on him. Back then he had blonde hair, but it was cut short. Not incredibly short, but the kind of hair cut normal boys had. Sure, I was 6 years old and I still thought boys had cooties, but that wouldn't stop me from becoming this boy's friend. I can't put a finger on it now, since the memories are a little hazy, but I definitely felt a pull towards him. I don't know if it was the work of a God or Goddess, Mother Nature, or maybe just chance, but there was a pull.

Anyways, I walked over to him. He was sitting with his back to me, painting something with his finger covered in green paint. I walked up behind him and watched him paint for a while. Eventually he saw me out of the corner of his eye and turned around to face me. We introduced ourselves in that little kid way, and then began talking about random little kid topics. Our meeting is something I'll probably never forget for as long as I live.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the day went on with me and Chris getting to know each other. I learned that he had a brother and he learned that I was an only child. Then when I finally got home and my mother asked me if I had made any friends I didn't hesitate to relay all of the information I'd learned about Christian that day. I'm pretty sure Mom could tell that we'd be best friends, even I could understand that our friendship would run deep in my 6 year old mind.