Status: I update when I can write more chapters. I apologize to the people who enjoy this story if I don't update enough.

Don't You Ever Forget About Me

Chapter Eight

"Where is she? Where did that little bitch go this time?" I heard him drunkenly shout, his voice obviously close to the nurses’ station.

"No, no. You have to hide me. That's my dad, he's looking for me. He's drunk; he's going to hit me if he gets the chance to." My relieved attitude rapidly changed to terrified. One thought ran through my head. He's going to rape me again. He's going to rape me again. He's going to rape me again.

They took action and had me curl up under the desk, and then a nurse sat in a chair and typed on the computer above the desk.

"Excuse me sir? Who are you looking for?" I heard a nurse ask him.

"My daughter, she was in her hospital room when I was there and then when I woke up she was gone. Where the fuck is she?" His tone didn't match one of a concerned parent; it matched the tone of someone who'd gladly punch someone.

"What's her name?"

"Victoria Jasper. The little shit's in here because she tore up her arms like the coward she is."

"I'll go check in the restroom, how about you go wait in the hospital room in case she comes back?"

"Fine." I heard stumbling footsteps retreat down the hallway to where my hospital room was. The nurse moved and made room for me, but I waited for about five minutes before I climbed out.

"Can... Can someone take me to the lobby and see if the Novellis are here yet? I don't want to go alone, I know he'd hurt me if he found me."

"Yeah, sure. Carly, Megan, and I will take you." The nurse that brought me down to the station told me. With one in front of me, one behind, and one by my side we walked to the waiting room.

I saw Christian immediately. He was sitting in a chair, bouncing his leg. He looked impatient, and an unknown feeling washed over me, making me blush. I willed myself to stop as Christian looked up and saw me. He ran over and wrapped me in a hug.

"They made me leave. I didn't want to. They made me leave and leave you alone with him. I'm so sorry I couldn't stay." He whispered urgently in my ear, making not completely unwelcome shivers run down my spine. I hugged him back and closed my eyes, resting my forehead on his shoulder. “I’m not going to let him take you back home with him. That sick bastard doesn’t deserve you. He was only good for donating sperm, he in no way deserved to have custody of you.”

“Can we sign her out?” Christian’s mom asked the nurses. I hadn’t known she’d walked up to the group. I must have been paying too much attention to Christian’s words and the feel of his embrace.

“No, her father has to. But you can take her home with you, if you want. Once you walk out that door we have no control.”

I felt Christian tense up at the beginning of the nurse’s sentence. I nuzzled my face into his neck and rubbed his back. I tried to convince myself that Christian’s the good guy. He’d never hurt me in any way. I managed to get myself to semi believe it.

At that moment I heard someone stumbling into the waiting room and I gripped Christian.

“Ahh, so this is where you took her? Come here, we’re going home.” My father’s anger filled voice filled the room and I pressed closer to Christian in fear, praying that he’d protect me.

“You’re not taking her home. We know what you do to her; you’re not going to keep her.” Christian’s mom said with a bitter tone.

“Yes, I am. I’ll contact the police for kidnapping if you don’t give her to me.” My father jeered.

“Are you that stupid? We could counter with abuse and rape. Don’t think we don’t know what you do to her when you’re drunk and she comes home at night.” Christian spat.

“You little bitch. You told them? I’ll teach you a lesson on keeping things secret.” He growled. I could feel his glare on me and I curled in on myself, still holding on to Christian as if he was a life raft in the middle of an ocean and I was unable swim.

“Enough. Sign her out. She’s coming with us, whether you like it or not. If we have to take your actions to court we will. You aren’t going to scar her anymore.” I could hear Mrs. Novelli’s glare in her voice. I was glad to have people on my side after two years of being all alone.

I heard him stumble over to the desk, talk to the receptionists who no doubt heard everything, and then stumble out the doors. I was frozen in my spot. I had no idea what happened.

“Come on. Let’s go back to my house. I’ll make you some tea and play you some songs. How does that sound?” Christian murmured to me as he pulled away from the hug and rested his hands on my arms. I nodded since I found I couldn’t speak and leaned against him as we walked out the doors. He put his arm around my shoulder and kept it there for the ride back.

When we got to his house I followed him into the kitchen and waited as he made tea. Then we went up to his room where he made good on his promise and played me songs on his guitar.