Forbidden Love

My stepbrother, or the love of my life?

I woke up later on with Derek's arm draped over my body, pulling me tighter and tighter to him like I was his girlfriend.

I untightened his grip, then wrote him a note that I was leaving for the entire day and night to be with my friends and also to clear my head.

"Dear Derek,

What we had was special before, and maybe I do still love you, but I can't be with you if you are going to become my stepbrother very soon. I know how much you love me, and you know my love for you never died, and plus, we have to share the same room AND the same bed as each other, so tonight, I won't be home at all. Don't try looking for me, cause I won't go with you if you find me.

Sincerely, Sophia."

I left the note by his head, packed my stuff quietly, told my dad I was going to be gone all night to go and hang out with friends, and he just agreed with me, and let me go.

I walked out the door into the freezing cold afternoon, and just started walking to my best friend's house, who was also having a big sleepover at her own house that she had invited me to.

I started to cry as I remembered the old days when Derek and I had kisses in Pre-K.

"Why did this have to happen to me? Why me?"

I just sighed and arrived at my friend's house and knocked on her door.

"Layla? It's Sophia."

Layla opened the door, and gave me a big hug, and I did the same.

"Sophia! Glad you came. What's on your mind today, honey?"

I sighed and explained to her everything that had happened so far, and she hugged me tighter and said I could spend the night at her house and stay as long as I wanted to get away from my troubles and worries.