Status: oneshot, maybe more?

Go Back to Sleep

Go Back To Sleep

I lied in bed for a while, counting the glow in the dark stars on my ceiling while I waited for sleep to overtake me. I was on my 9th round of counting the stars, so far 13 of them had died, when a noise outside my window stopped me. The noise repeated, the stereotypical scratching, and I brushed it off as the tree outside my window.
It kept sounding though, over and over, sending my brain racing. Thoughts and ideas of different grizzly monsters raced through my mind, sending my heart after my thoughts. I clutched my bed tightly, debating whether to go check it or not.
My mind was made when it slammed open, two or three leaves drifting into my room. No one visibly entered and I screamed, curling up in my bed.
I assumed I'd stay there until my parents came, but after a while of no parents, curiosity got the best of me.
I carefully slid out of bed, my footies protecting my feet from the cold floor. I saw the open widow, allowing me to peek out into the night. Nothing jumped out so I continued moving towards it, admiring the dimly lit outdoors.
I got in front of the window, expecting to see a monster ready to attack, but nothing was there still. Nothing.
I stood staring, finding myself entranced suddenly by the moon and the stars and the everything and nothing.
That's when I heard it.
"Go back to sleep."
And I did. I didn't think about my window being open, about my parents, about anything. I thought of nothing.
And that's what I woke up to. Nothing. Nothing but my parents, lying in their blood, and a note.
"Don't fret precious I'm here, step away from the window.
Pay no mind what other voices say
They don't care about you, like I do
Safe from pain, and truth, and choice, and other poison devils,
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and all your demons
I'll be the one to protect you from
A will to survive and a voice of reason
I'll be the one to protect you from
Your enemies and your choices
They're one and the same
I must isolate you
Isolate and save you from yourself
Go back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay first and foremost the note at the end is lyrics to a song which i'll leave the link for. you guys should listen:3 secondly, please please give me feedback:3 that's what keeps me writing.
and yes, i know it's short but that's what i was feeling~
song- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ejsM0VF-Os
xoxo Meg