Status: Hey, I'm swamped with exams so writing will be so but feel free to remind me at weekends

Allie

I'm not broken hearted, I'm just kinda pissed off

It was a generally normal first-day on set. Shooting was slow, as usual, and some of Alyssa’s co workers were, to put it simply, assholes. She looked over at Jennifer and made a face vaguely imitating that of one of the snobbier actors. The two girls had become close since the Oscars the previous year, where they’d met. Alyssa was fairly new to the Hollywood scene however her appearance at the Oscars was due to the fact she had turned a low budget horror movie into an overnight sensation- with both her acting and her slightly controlling direction. She hadn't meant to, she’d always been skilled at acting ever since her first drama lesson at her famous-for-nothing south-west England secondary school. It built up her confidence to the point that she could take over the directors role after he walked out on the room of budding stars because of an affair his wife had with one of the crew. It was all very dramatic. Especially when Alyssa began barking out orders to the rest of the cast in an attempt to get through the week productively as it was the final week on set and they were already behind schedule.

Right now she was directing a feature length film about a teenage girl dealing with mental health issues and over controlling parents. Jennifer was playing the protagonist and they were shooting the more introverted and isolated scenes until our instigator arrived. This was where Alyssa got conflicted. She had been stressing all day over what to say to the young actor.
As if on cue, a small teenage boy with curly golden hair entered the room, brown leather jacket tossed over his arm. One look at the boys expression calmed Alyssa’s racing pulse. She recognised that expression. It was the exact one she’d worn whilst directing the horror film- although this boy was considerably younger than she’d been. She smiled and got out of her chair and navigated her way through blocks of sound and lighting equipment. She just about dodged two crew members carrying a heavy trunk full of props as she strolled confidently to the teenager.

“Hi, I’m Alyssa” She said, extending her right arm out to the small blonde.
“I’m Bronx” the boy replied, accepting the handshake. He had grown up so much since she saw him last.
Alyssa smiled and continued. “As the director, I'm gonna show you around and help you get to know the cast and how the whole thing is going to work, okay?”
Bronx nodded, getting slightly nervous at the thought of actually interacting with actors outside of character. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, shaking slightly.
Alyssa noticed this short pause in response and suddenly remembered.
“Nervous?” She questioned, smiling reassuringly. Bronx nodded, letting his guard down for the seemingly down to earth director.
“Don’t be. We don’t bite” Bronx laughed at the clichéd assurance.
“My dad used to say that. He said ‘I don’t bite, I just look weird always’”
Alyssa smiled at this, nostalgia sweeping over her.
“Okay, so on to the tour”

After showing Bronx around the premises and introducing him to the cast and crew, Alyssa was taken away by one of the crew members to see a visitor.
They walked out past the trailers and stray pieces of set lying around the courtyard. It was slightly cold outside and she was beginning to regret not bringing a jacket.
Alyssa was led into the makeshift reception in one of the trailers and she rushed inside, so desperate for warmth that she didn't notice the visitor until he spoke.
“Hey, Allie” A warm, familiar voice said from across the room.
Alyssa turned, startled, to see Pete Wentz leaning against a desk. She was shocked speechless.
“Pete, I..” Her eyes began to fill with tears as she remembered the last time they’d seen each other.
“Hey, hey Allie it’s okay, it’s okay” He soothed and he walked over and took her in his arms as she began to cry.
“I'm so sorry. I didn't, I couldn't…” She was cut off by Pete whispering that it wasn’t her fault. The memories of that night were forever etched into her mind.
Eventually the two separated and sat down on the worn down couch by the desk.
“So what-cha doing here, Wentz?” She asked, so casually it was if her previous meltdown had never occurred.
“Bronx” He smiled and Alyssa nodded in a silent ‘I thought so’.
“He’s my son. I'm here for moral support.”
“He… he wanted to come too, but i said not to.” Pete added
“Does he know I'm..?” Alyssa asked, not sure what she wanted to hear. Pete only shook his head.
“How is he?” Alyssa asked, her heart breaking all over again.
“He’s doing okay. He split up with her, you know. After he found out…” He trailed off.
“He misses you.” He added.
Alyssa gave him an exasperated look. “Don’t, Pete. Whatever you’re planning don’t.”
“I'm not ‘planning’ anything. Do you even remember the state he was in? When he stayed with you? You broke his heart, Allie. He was a wreck.”
“Yeah well an eye for an eye, right?” She said as she got up and began to pace.
“He looked for you. He tried calling. Hell, he even called your brother- you can guess how much help he was.”
Alyssa stood, still as a statue in the centre of the room, facing away from Pete so he wouldn't see the tears in her eyes.
“Are you gonna go see Bronnie or what” She whispered as she stormed out of the trailer, viciously wiping at her eyes as she jogged across the courtyard and ran straight into the last person she expected to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have the next chapter ready but I would appreciate if people let me know their thoughts