Status: Hey, I'm swamped with exams so writing will be so but feel free to remind me at weekends

Allie

Bulletproof loneliness at best

“Hey, sorry I-” He stopped as he saw who he’d collided with.
Alyssa looked up in shock and stuttered out an apology as she took a step backward. There he was. He looked just the same, which just added to the ache in her chest. You’d think that two years apart would be enough time to heal, but not in this case. Not even close.
They stood, shocked and speechless, until Pete arrived and dragged his best friends eyes away from Alyssa. She took that opportunity to leave.

The rest of the day was hard. Patrick remained at the set, torn between watching his god son and watching Alyssa. Pete was there also, but he’d taken up a seat next to Alyssa in an attempt to keep her from running away. He forgot to factor in the exclusivity of the ladies bathroom into his plan, so every break in filming Alyssa would retreat there with Jennifer.

“Jen- I just can’t. I can’t believe he’s here. I can’t even look at him” She would sob as she perched on top of the bathroom counter.
“I know, Lyss, I get it. But you gotta give him credit. He looked for you. He divorced his wife because… of what happened. I can’t empathise with anything he went through. All I know is that, if it were me, I wouldn't have been able to cope. Knowing that you… Knowing that I couldn't…” She took a deep breath, brushing her dyed black hair out of her face. “He found you. He… he was the one that saved you. And I'm pretty sure it kills him to know that he had to.”
Alyssa looked up, black mascara trailing down her cheeks.
“You weren't there. You didn't hear what he said. What he let her say. He didn't care about me, he’s just annoyed that he found me before I was dead.” Her cold voice showing Jen that there was no way of reasoning with the 29 year old. Two years was a long time to stew on such cynical conviction.
With that last comment, Alyssa hopped down off of the counter and stormed out of the room, leaving a stunned and helpless Jennifer to follow in her wake.

As soon as shooting had ceased Alyssa made a beeline for her car, desperate to end what had been the most emotional day since the ‘incident’. Her plan was thwarted, however, when she found Patrick leaning up against her old Jeep.
She looked at him for a second, frustration evident in her chestnut eyes, before turning and heading to her trailer instead.
“Lyssa… Lyssa wait!” He yelled out as Alyssa broke into a run, hurriedly escaping the painful encounter.
He began to chase after her but soon got lost in the maze of seemingly unmarked trailers. An unfamiliar voice came from behind him.
“Looking for Lyss?” The dark haired actress asked, Pete standing next to her with his arms folded like some sort of emotional enforcer.
Patrick followed the pair through the forest of portable houses to the very end. Pete gestured towards the silver box and Patrick reluctantly tried the handle; it was locked.

Jen rolled her eyes and handed him the spare key. He closed his eyes for a moment, not sure what was the right thing to do.
“Patrick, I gotta get Bronx. I’ll call you later, okay?”
Patrick could only nod. He slowly, carefully put the key into the lock and twisted. He tried the handle again but the door would only move a few centimetres.
“Dammit Lyssa!” Patrick growled in frustration. “Let me in.”
Eventually Patrick, being the size he was, managed to push through the door. Jen stood still, unsure what to do. Should she go in? To comfort Lyss? Or should she wait? Pete interrupted by pulling on the girls arm.
“Come on already!” He hissed, annoyed at this girls constant presence around Alyssa, making it impossible for his friends to work things out. He dragged Jennifer through the mess of trailers, heading for the parking lot. Jennifer managed to wrestle free, unsure about the bassist’s motives.
“What the hell? Get off of me!” She almost yelled, but figured that she may as well hear him out. He didn't seem like a shady guy.
“What if she needs me? He could upset her?” Jen argued but got a laugh in response.
“Really? Of course she’s fucking upset. The man was a dick to her. But if anyone can make her feel better, it’s Patrick.”
“But you don’t know her like I do. She’s changed.”
Pete shook his head. “Yeah, she’s become a pathetic excuse for the girl she used to be. Same with Patrick, but at least he can confront his problems instead of fucking off to his trailer whenever things get hard.”
“Hey, you have no right to talk about her like that. Where were you when she needed you? Huh?” Jen almost yelled in Alyssa's defence.
“I was there for her, don’t forget. I walked in just after Patrick found… I was there for both of them. I wanted to find her, I really did, but I needed to be there for Patrick. You have no fucking idea what went on between those two- or the three of us for that matter- so just stop.” Pete was fuming by the time he got to his car.
Jen decided that maybe it was good to leave him alone.
“I’ll tell Bronx you’re here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know if you've read it yet. I'm not gonna post the next part until at least a dozen people have read it. Please share it on tumblr and help me or I'll end up giving up on it...