Status: Hey, I'm swamped with exams so writing will be so but feel free to remind me at weekends

Allie

I'm having another episode, I just need a stronger dose

“No!” Alyssa was yelling, fighting against Patrick in a feeble attempt to push him out of the door.
“Get out! Just go, please just go.” There was no way to stop the sobs from escaping her throat. Patrick said nothing, just held the protesting Alyssa to his body in an unbreakable embrace. Somewhere amidst the flailing limbs, Alyssa collapsed against him, giving up on her fight. She just stood there, head on Patrick's shoulder, crying in heaving gasps of misery.
“I hate you” She kept whispering over and over, assuming that he was just watching her in the way a vet would be watching a sick dog just before it was put down. Pity. Pure, condescending pity.
Somehow they’d made it to the sofa and Alyssa was curled up against Patrick's side. Just like before, when none of the other stuff mattered. When they were friends, nothing more, nothing less. Just friends.

She looked up at his as he brushed a strand of chocolate hair away from her face. His hypnotic blue eyes met hers and she couldn't ignore the tears pouring from them. Nor could she ignore the look of utter despair or the way that he looked so worn down.
“Lyss… I- I'm so…” He began, but his voice began to choke to the point where he couldn't speak. He just shook his head and bowed it down to place a kiss atop her head as he stroked her back, more as an attempt to soothe himself other than her.
Seeing her here, alive was too much. He hadn't seen her for so long, yet he still couldn't erase the images from his mind. The images of her, alone on the cold tiled floor.
Alyssa failed to respond, just buried her head against his chest and cried.

They stayed like that for what seemed like hours, Alyssa leaning against him and breathing in the smell that she'd missed so much, whilst Patrick stroked her back and planted the occasional kiss atop her messy hair. Eventually Alyssa felt the bitterness sweep back in, a poisonous voice in the back of her head whispering her deepest insecurities. Soon she'd had enough and she bolted for the door.
"Where are you going?" Patrick stuttered out, shocked at her sudden departure.
"Home" Alyssa called back, her voice portraying no sign of emotion whatsoever.
Patrick rushed to get up, confused as to what had happened.
"Lyssa, wait!" He called and received a less than friendly response.
"Don't" she hissed, spinning on her heel, her dark hair flicking into her face to create quite the dramatic image. Black mascara trailed down her cheeks, hair knotted and all over the place as she spoke through her teeth at the man she used to know.
"Don't you dare. I don't owe you anything and you have no right to show up here assuming that I would run and melt into your arms. I won't."
Patrick tried to interrupt with a feeble "I wasn't..." But Alyssa had yet to finish.
"A lot has changed since we last spoke. I haven't forgiven you, not in the slightest." And with that she turned once more and stalked toward her car, the image of anger with her almost all black attire, leaving a shocked and slightly scared Patrick in her midst.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short, I need to finish a little bit more (I think I'm a chapter ahead of you so I'll get to at least 3 before posting) Thank you guys for reading, it means a lot
- Fliss