Status: Active.

City Lights

Prologue

I used to think that there was something out there, someone watching the world and looking down on us all. Not necessarily a God, but a protector of kinds. It used to comfort me at night when I heard the wind howling and trees whistling. I'd be fine because they would keep me safe.

My mother used to dislike this idea. She would always say that the man in the clouds would scare away the things from under my bed, but he could never protect me from the monsters in reality. He could never protect me from humans. This used to confuse me greatly at a young age, I had no idea how people like me and Mrs James from down the street could be monsters. But I fully understand what she meant now.

The human kind normally have a sense of what's wrong and what's right. They normally feel guilt and mercy if doing something wrong. But there's a select few who don't feel this way. They cause pain and destruction normally with evil smiles spread on their faces, they know how to play with you, they know what makes you tick and they certainly know how to break you into tiny little pieces. Literally.

We believe that men and women like this have been nurtured into the things they are today. But I can't believe it. I can't believe that these people have been taught this. I think we all have a dark side, but some like to indulge in it more than others.

I used to think that these people could be saved. They could find something or someone to bring them away from all of the horror. But I've been here too long. I've seen and heard things that sickens me to the bone, I've been the one cleaning up after them and having to deal with the screaming victims.

I don't know why they kept me, I just wish they had killed me like the others. I just wish that I can escape, whether by getting out and back to my family and friends or by dying. I just can't do this anymore.

The only thing that gives me hope in this hell on earth, is the city lights.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay new stuff.