Status: Finished but I'll update chapters according to the response I get via tumblr (mylilstumpy.tumblr.com)/comments

The Unforgettable

PROLOGUE:
Amber stepped out of the back door into the strangely warm April morning. There was a shimmer of frost on the lush green lawn. Sushi, Amber’s German shepherd, padded down the steps behind her. They entered the woods via the hidden footpath at the end of her backyard. 7 minutes and 6 seconds into the walk, Amber was trudging through the thicket, trying to find the path again. She’d been following Sushi, then the dog had run off... only, Amber hadn't seen or heard Sushi go off the tracks. Then what? He’d just vanished? No... She just didn’t hear him; or see him; or, or.... ‘Shut up!’ She told herself firmly. She wasn't thinking straight – Sushi probably went home without her – or he’s off chasing a rabbit or bird or something. But there wasn't any sound of wildlife in the woods. Not even a chirp from a nearby nest.
She leant against a nearby tree for support as she pulled out her phone; oh, wait she’d left it at home. A single drop of rain fell from the darkening sky; she hated rain; and the dark; and being alone. Another drop of liquid landed on her pale cheek. They seemed a little too heavy to be raindrops. She used a finger to swipe one of the droplets off of her face. Her heart stopped as she stared at the tiny dark red spot on her finger. She slowly raised her head to look up to.... Amber screamed. Suspended in the tree above her was Sushi; although she honestly didn’t know whether it was him any more- his body was so mutilated; blood was dripping out of every cut and tear in the dogs flesh, and the dark fur was matted with blood. She leapt up and ran. She tripped over a branch and landed... in the arms of a stranger; Amber looked up (way up) into the strangers eyes. She froze in terror. His eyes- they were so malevolent, so empty. But that wasn't what scared her.
“Well, aren't you a pretty one!” A feminine Texas drawl said from behind her,
“Yes, yes she is...” her capture replied.
His eyes were completely black- you couldn't even see the whites let alone the iris. His reptilian eyes glinted like thick, black oil as he smiled an evil, evil grin.
Something in her small, incompetent brain just clicked as she realized who- no, what the strangers were: Demons
She didn't have time to scream...