Because I Can't Sleep at All Without You Pressed up Against Me

Because I can't sleep at all without you pressed up against me

This particular morning, Alex woke up with a big smile on his face. This was rather unusual, seeing as he, every morning for the last three weeks, has been waking up with a groan, desperately wanting to go back to sleep. But today was different, today was the day Jack came home again. Jack had been gone for three weeks due to a business trip and Alex had been left miserable and alone at home. Sure, they had talked on the phone every day, skyped a few times and sent various texts to one another, but it wasn’t the same. All Alex wanted was to feel Jack’s warm body next to his in their bed, limbs tangled together in an attempt to be as close as possible. To be honest, Alex hadn’t slept very well these past three weeks, he’d grown way too accustomed with the feeling of Jack’s arm wrapped around him and the steady breathing hitting the back of his neck, or the sound of Jack’s heartbeat when Alex was snuggled on top of him, head resting on his chest. He had truly missed all of this and he was so fucking happy that Jack would be back today, finally.

With that in mind it was relatively easy to get up this morning, even though, for Alex it was never easy to get up, no matter how excited he was. Today, he had a lot of things to do, he had kind of forgotten to clean while Jack was away so the house was slightly disgusting. So that’s how Alex foung himself cleaning the house from floor to ceiling; throwing away the trash, vacuuming, doing the dishes, everything he could think of. It was a perfect way of making the day go fast as well as keeping his mind off of Jack.

When he was finally done the clock had turned 7 pm and he realized he’d forgotten to eat. He made a sandwich and sat down in front of the TV, deciding to watch a movie while waiting for Jack, who wasn’t supposed to be home until late. Alex was determined to stay awake until Jack came home.
Jack still hadn’t come home when the second movie ended so Alex, although ready to pass out from tiredness, put in a third, settling back on the couch under a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate, yawning widely as the movie started.

---

It was late when Jack came home, he quietly unlocked the front door and stepped inside. He didn’t know if Alex was still awake or not but either way he wanted to surprise the other. He silently made his way through the dark, silent house towards the only source of light coming from the living room. In the doorway to the living room he was met by the flickering light of the TV playing a movie – that had been long forgotten – and the soft, steady breathing coming from his boyfriend who was curled up on the couch, fast asleep.

Jack smiled fondly at the scene before him. It was easy to see that Alex had intended to wait up for him but had failed miserably, not that Jack minded at all though. He had never told Alex this, but he loved watching Alex sleep, in a totally not creepy way of course. But it was something about Alex’s peaceful expression and soft snores that Jack found calming and insanely cute.

Jack bent down and kissed Alex lightly on the nose, causing Alex’s face to scrunch up in the most adorable way. Jack couldn’t understand how he got this lucky, Alex was by far the best thing that had ever happened Jack and he sure as hell was happy, but it always broke his heart when he had to leave on business trips every now and again. But, as they say, distance makes the heart grow fonder, and every time Jack came home again they were happier than ever, which kind of made it all worth it.

An extra loud snore from Alex snapped Jack out of his train of thoughts and made him focus on the still sleeping boy in front of him once more. Jack smiled down at the boy yet again, before snaking his hands in under him, one under his back and one under his knees. He slowly lifted the sleeping boy off of the couch, careful not to wake him, and started to make his way towards their bedroom.

When they were halfway up the stairs Jack felt Alex stir and soon enough a pair of sleepy brown eyes looked up at him. A lazy smile spread across Alex’s face before he frowned slightly and buried his face in Jack’s shoulder, mumbling something unintelligible.

“What was that, love?” Jack asked in a whisper. Alex turned his head again before speaking.

“I’m sorry I fell asleep Jack, I tried to stay awake but I was so tired.” He muttered, a slight blush painting his cheeks in that lovely pink shade Jack adored so dearly.

“Aw, don’t be sorry Lex, it doesn’t matter if you’re asleep or awake, as long as I get to see your beautiful face.” The blush on Alex’s cheeks deepened into a darker shade of red and he buried his face in Jack’s shoulder yet again, mumbling a quiet “Shut up” before placing a small kiss on Jack’s shoulder.

When they emerged inside their bedroom Jack gently put Alex down on the bed before going into the bathroom to brush his teeth. After standing there for a while he felt two arms wrap around his waist from behind and a nose nuzzle the back of his neck.

“I’ve missed you so much.” Alex whispered while placing light kisses on Jack’s neck, making him shiver in the process. Jack spit out the toothpaste and rinsed his mouth before turning around. He placed his hands on Alex’s cheeks, brushing the hair out of his eyes. He leaned forward, nuzzling his nose in Alex’s hair, breathing in the scent of Alex’s shampoo.

“I’ve missed you too baby, so much.” He whispered in Alex’s ear.

“I’m glad you’re back, because I couldn’t sleep without you next to me keeping me warm.” Alex said, biting his lip and looking up at Jack with those big brown eyes. Jack looked back at him, drowning in those eyes, before leaning forward and capturing Alex’s lips with his own. The kiss was slow, sweet and loving, but it still expressed all the feelings of loneliness and longing that they both felt when they were apart.

When Alex too had brushed his teeth they made their way back to their bed where they snuggled up together for the first time in three week. Jack lay on his back with Alex snuggled up on top of him, head resting on his chest, listening to the beating of Jack’s heart lulling him to sleep. Before he could fall asleep completely he whispered “I love you Jack, more than anything.” He felt Jack’s lips on his forehead, kissing it lightly, before he answered.

“I love you too Alex, always.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it! Comments are appreciated! <3