Status: Honestly, this was written to fill up my own boredom. Anywho, enjoy. xD

Adoption

Living Hell

If it wasn’t for that calm and soothing voice, I might have just gone mad. I needed him, someone who could protect me from all my fears. Every night I woke up practically choking on my own tears, but those arms that held me and protected me kept me sane. His embrace was warm, his breath sweet and warm as he whispered those soothing words in my ear. His body pressed up against mine, we were inseparable. That was until I realized he was a traitor. One of them. A monster who kidnapped us 12 girls. Why would he suffer with me? Did he like seeing me in pain? Scared? The thought made me want to gag. I forced myself up from my ‘cozy’ little spot in the corner, legs stretched until I heard a satisfying crack.

The small light that shone through my cage implied it was somewhere in the afternoon. Another day of doing nothing. Just sitting in your own filth, sleeping for who knows how long, and mumbling to yourself to keep you entertained. Every once and a while I would hear some other girl weep. Some go mad. It is all a test. A sick test to see which one of us can stay alive. When they brought me in, I was only 14. Two years have passed and I’m still stuck here, thinking of any way I can possibly escape. You would have thought I would have given up by now. No. I will fight, I will take revenge on him. The one who told me everything will be okay. Who promised me a future of freedom? All lies! My fingertips slid through the bar opening, patting them gently until they made a loud bang. Noises, something we had made to communicate with one another. A way we can communicate. Somehow, those evil men had caged us like animals. We aren’t able to talk, thanks to that vile medicine they make us take on a daily basis. It weakens us, tires us out. Tapping on the metal bars is a way for us to communicate with one another. One tap, we’re still alive. Two, food day. Three, Medicine. Lastly, the one we all want to hear, four taps. That means we’re getting a new arrival. A poor innocent soul, just like us, who will be dragged into this hell. After days in here, we have discovered a way out. It isn’t easy, and I’ll be the one to take the plan to action. That can only work if we have a new arrival, which we haven’t in more than a month. I weakly banged the bar twice, a bright light shining throughout the room. It was a spacious room, large cages with girls of all ages inside. We all looked terrible. Knotted hair, pale faces, dirt staining our once pretty face. Before I came here, I had to admit. I was actually cute. My hair wasn’t stuck together like it is now. It was long and flowing, sweeping down my shoulders in light and gentle waves. It no longer looks red, but rather brown from all the dirt. My skin no longer flawless. Scratches cover me head to toe, pricks where I receive my daily shots lining my upper arm. We have all changed, and we all know it. Exactly twelve men barge through the metal gate, suits covering them head to toe. They all were fully groomed, hair slicked back, no facial hair to be seen. Perfect gentlemen. There was this one boy. Different from all the others. Blonde hair that was neatly pulled back out of his face, dark mud brown eyes with a golden tint, and a small and rather pathetic smug on his full lips. He bent down, ice blue hues peering down at me as if I was some pathetic mutated mutt. “She’s the longest one to survive here.” Grunted one of the men as he tapped the boy on the shoulder, letting out a laugh. “If you were to do the test, she’ll be the best option.” The man muttered once more, heading off to feed the other poor victims. Just what did they mean by best option? The boy continued to glare at me, quite uncomfortably must I add. It was intimidating, cold, and cruel almost. “I’ll take her.” Take me, excuse me? What am I? Some puppy ready for adoption. I tried to say something, although my voice ended up sounding like some strangled parakeet. Of course, the medicine restricts me from talking.

The doors of my cage flung open, forcing me onto my knees in shock. I didn’t take another second, I bolted out. Sweat stained my upper brow, shaking with every move I take. It’s been a while since I walked. The small cage we are in restricts us from walking, standing up to say the least. My knees wobbled as I collapsed onto my stomach. I was weak. I couldn’t even move. Dammit, dammit! The man who spoke up let out a hoarse laugh, gripping my hair and yanking me to my feet. That made me wince, uncontrollable tears springing from my eyes. I squirmed, screaming, kicking, and flailing my arms around recklessly. “Stop it you dumb brat! This lil’ boy here is going to take you home. And if ya don’t show the results he likes, he’ll bring your sorry ass back here. Got that?” he yelled, bringing my face up to his. His breath was horrible. Did he just eat a dead beaver? I nodded my head though, relaxing my movements faintly. He didn’t let go of me though, yanking me along until he pulled me through those metal doors. The metal doors I always wished to be able to escape to. Finally, I was out of there. A small pinch was felt at my neck, eyes widening. No, it can’t be. Everything is going black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if I will write more, probably not... I'll see though. :)