Status: Rated R just to be safe. (:

Serendipity

Organic Expresso & Banana Bread

"Oh, come on," I mumbled to myself as I tapped my heel on the wooden floor, impatiently. Here I was stuck in a time-consuming line at Monmouth's Coffee in Covent Garden. Usually I wouldn't be caught dead in such a stretched, string of people but when your boss demands their usual organic expresso with a side of banana bread before one of their biggest meetings, you cannot disappoint.

I worked for a man named James Tailor--a well known marketer here in London, who took his job a little too seriously. I labored for the Tailor Company for almost four months; it wasn't too exciting being an assistant, but it paid well and I made a couple of good friends so I couldn't complain that much.

"'Ello," A small, dirty blonde clerk greeted me with a smile after the almost seven minute wait. "What can I get you?"

"Can I please get a large organic expresso with banana bread, please?" I asked, opening up my purse and pulling out my wallet.

"That would be nine pounds," She stated as she finished typing the order in the cash register. Taking the money out of my clutch and handing it over, I awaited for my change and receipt and swayed over to the packed pick-up area.

Looking up at the gigantic clock placed in the corner, I examined the time. 8:45. "Shit," I cursed under my breath, combing my light, brunette hair with my French manicured fingers and sighing. I had to be back at work in fifteen minutes, but it was a twenty minute walk back to the office.

"Large organic expresso, and banan-"

"Right here!" I called out, interrupting the barista and stumbling past the many coffee goers to grab my bag of bread and cup of joe. After doing so, I was able to quickly manage my way near the exit, but I was eventually stopped as I ran into a very tall frame--spilling all contents of the hot expresso onto their chest that was covered over a white v-neck and black trench coat.

"Crap, I am so sorry," I blurted, watching their short, brown curls dangle over there head while they looked down at the brown stain. "I must-"

My words soon were cut short as the man rose up their head and looked at me with a smile on his face. He had bright, emerald eyes like mine and probably was about 6'1. Peeking down at the exposed skin from his v-neck it looked to be birds on his chest which gave a little extra to his flattering appearance.

"I-I am so-so sorry," I stuttered, looking his figure up and down and blushing, "I should've wa-watched were I-"

"No, no, it's fine. It's just a shirt and I was freezing anyway," He chuckled for a moment, and then bit down on his bottom lip. "I'm Harry, and you are?"

"Um," I mumbled, coming back from my reverie and remembering that I was possibly minutes away from losing my job. "Leaving," I announced unexpectedly, causing a lot of confusion to be written on his face, "Once again, I am very sorry. I-I have to get b-back to work before I-I lose my job. But I pr-promise if you ever see-see me again, jus-just remind me th-that I owe you." I told Harry, weirdly walking around him and exiting out into the cold January air.

"Wait," I could just hear his deep, masculine voice call after me as I scurried down the sidewalk, "You dr-" but the farther I got, I could barely hear his voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haaaaaaaarrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy! (: