On the Other Side

Home Bound

The moment Jordan got on the bus he received stares. As he made his way to the back of the bus, Mick stuck out his leg and tripped him, causing Jordan's books too fall on the floor. The entire bus erupted with laughter. The bus driver didn't care and started the engine. Jordan plunked down in a empty seat and sighed a long sigh, that he found himself doing ever so often. He looked down at his muscular tan hands and leaned his head against the bus seat. In the window he saw his reflection. A tan face with soft swooped golden blonde hair, slightly parted lips, and jade green eyes. His hot breath made a heat mark on the window and he drew in it. He signed his name and drew a three dimensional cube.

The closer he got to his house, the more nervous he got. He knew that when his parents found out about his math test, he would get into unspeakable amounts of trouble. Jordan remembered the time his fifth grade teacher saw the the bruises on his arms and asked him about it. He said he had just fallen down the stairs. That was a lie. He was pushed, by his alcoholic father for not taking out the garbage. His mother was basically nonexistent. The only time she was ever there was when he got in trouble. But she didn't try to stop his father, she just watched him get abused. Jordan was a mistake and he knew it, his parents told him so every day.