On the Other Side

The Decision

Anger is the inevitable product of sadness, and decisions are the immediate product of anger whether good or bad. Jordan was about to make a life-altering decision on his life as the result of his anger. Inside his furious mind, brewed concepts that he had never before even begun to imagine. Misery, sorrow and pain had all created an unstoppable force that was creativity. Not the kind the invoked art or literature, but the type that sparked ideas for an action. The propositions that Jordan's brain created disturbed and surprised him, one of them including murder. But the one thought that stood out from the rest was to get up the next day and run. Run like he had never run before and never come back. He knew that it would probably take a few days of planning, and maybe some luck. But Jordan Brewer had never thought so highly or been so confident in something that he had created, all on his own. He thought back to all the times that he had been put down for things that he said or done, how he felt. Yes, especially to the way that he felt. He took pride in knowing that his plan was one of his own. He realized then that the only thing that he needed was his own opinion, because if he were going to be truly free, then he would have to trust himself.