Status: student/teacher

Suffocation.

Shout.

Two weeks of school almost down, and a week has nearly past since Graham and I went to Huntsville together. I thought that Graham and I would resume our normal friendship once we got back but we haven't spoken as much three words to each other, and that's not with a lack trying. When he would come over to the house and save Bobby from wedding planning or house hunting we would give each other awkward, and shy smiles and maybe mumble a greeting before one of us left the room. I didn't want it to be that way but it is.

"Hey Bama," I look up spotting the only person that calls me 'Bama' making her way over to my lunch table.

"Hi Lola," I smile at her once she reach the table.

"I'm having a party tonight, you're officially invited," she gives me one of her devilish smirks.

Lola is the only friend that I've made outside of the group of friends that Daphne has introduced to me. "Is it okay if Daphne comes? I'm not aloud driving yet."

Lola gives a sideways look at Daphne who looked up from her homework when I said her name, and gave a little laugh. "Yeah, she can come. The more the merrier, right? I'll give you the address in biology."

I watch her saunter off before returning to my salad. Daphne closed her chemistry book and slid it back into her bag. "What is it okay if I go to?"

"We're going to a party tonight," I give her the same devilish smirk Lola gave me.

*

When we get home Daphne heads straight into my bedroom and goes directly for the closet where she swings the door open and peers inside. By the time I enter the room she is already down to her underwear and slipping into a pair of jeans.

"Now I know how annoying it to have younger siblings barge into your room and steal your things without asking," I mutter.

"What did you say?" she asks as she exams her butt in the mirror. "Can I wear these?"

"Sure," I say.

"I just need a top and some shoes," she says to herself, continuing to browse through my things.

I push past her and take a sweater off the hanger. "Wear this and those heels that you wore to the Christmas party."

She looks herself over in the mirror once then turns to me, "where did you get this sweater? It's super cute."

"I think I got that one at a thrift store," I tell her.

"Wow really, who would ever get rid of this?"

I shrug my shoulders and change into jeans and a simple long sleeve black shirt. Daphne and I start our homework, she had gotten most of hers done in class so she talked most of the time. Saying something about wanting to ask Allen if he was going to be at the party or not. I want to tell her to shut up but I don't have the heart to say it so I opt for something else. I grab her phone from in front of her and scroll through the contacts until I get to Allen's name and press call.

"What are you doing? Who are you calling?" Daphne asks nervously.

I press an index finger up to my lips for her to be quiet as I wait for A.J. to answer his phone, finally her does.

"Daph, what's up?" he asks.

"Actually, A.J.," I smirk, watching Daphne's face turn the color of beets. "It’s Lennon."

"Oh hey Lennon, what's up?"

"My friend Lola, the one with the wig, do you know her?"

"I know everyone."

Of course he does, he's on student council and president of the year book committee, he has to know everybody. "Well, she invited me to her party tonight and Daphne's coming because I'm not aloud driving yet, so I was wondering that since there will be a lot of people that she doesn't know and I'll probably be hanging out with Lola all night, that you could come to keep her company."

I hear A.J. laughing. "Daphne is going to one of Lola's parties? Oh God, I am there."

I smile. "Great, we'll pick you up at like six or something then head over to Lola's."

I hang up the phone and turn my attention back to Daphne who looks like she has seen a ghost. "If you don't kiss him at this party, I will," I tell her simply then start back on my homework.

Melanie and Toby come home shortly after Frankie does, her arms filled with magazines and boxes and fabric swatches. She cradles her cell phone between her cheek and shoulder, talking to someone on the other end. Toby stops doing his homework first to help her into the door.

I watch from the breakfast bar in the kitchen as Toby and her carry everything into the family room and set it onto the coffee table.

"I'm happy about your pregnancy but you won't be able to fit in your dress and we can't order you a bigger size now. The wedding is in like three months," she pauses. "Yeah, I'll just have one of the nurses I work with be in it or something. You better make me Godmother of this baby," she pauses again. "Okay, talk to you later."

She looks up at me for a moment then her blank stare transforms into a wide smile. "When will you be able to walk without crutches?"

"I'm hoping a few weeks but probably like a month or so, why?"

"You're going to be in my wedding. And I'll have Toby be in my wedding so Melanie can be in it and we'll still have an even number."

I look at Daphne then at Melanie then to Toby then finally back to Frankie who has started flipping through magazines.

"Bailey is pregnant?" Daphne asked, walking into the living room to sit at the coffee table across from Frankie.

"Yes, can you believe that bitch?! I've been planning this wedding for a year and the heifer decides that now is a good time to get knocked up! Lennon what size dress do you wear?"

I shrug my shoulders but Frankie hasn't lifted her head from the magazine to see it. "A small."

"Well at least the dress can be taken in within three months. We'll have to go see Betty tomorrow."

"I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow."

"Well I'll take you to that then we get go get the dress properly altered before Betty has a chance to change it. Toby and Melanie you might as well come with us since you'll both need to get your measurements."

We all don't dare to protest. I had been trying my hardest to stay out of Frankie's way when she talked about the wedding because the only thing I wanted to do was show up, but now I am replacing the maid of honor.

Bobby came home to find all of us put to work by Frankie. She made me call and confirm with the caterer that there would be a vegetarian as well as a fish option because she wanted both. She also wanted a chocolate bar, as well as an open bar.

"Hi honey, what's going on?" he asks as he shrugs off his coat.

"Bailey is no longer my maid of honor and Lennon is."

"Why?"

"Because Bailey is going to be a fat cow and won't be able to fit in her dress because she decided to get knocked up," Frankie snaps, I want to laugh at her anger but I refrain.

"Anything else?"

"Melanie and Toby are going to be in the wedding as well, junior bridesmaid and groomsman. We have our wine tasting and we're making our special drink on Monday so get off work early."

I check the time on my phone; it says that it's five thirty, its close enough to six. "Daphne we have to get going."

"Where are you guys going?"

"A party, but I told mom that we were studying over at Allen's house," Daphne says as she helps me stand.

"I'm not sure if Lennon is a good or bad influence on you," Bobby grins and I stick my tongue out at him.

A.J. is waiting outside for us when we drive by his house, he gets in quickly. "You guys are early."

"Our future sister-in-law recruited us in her wedding planning," Daphne tells him.

"So we had to make an excuse to get out. Are you hungry? We're going to stop by Taco Bell."

I'm glad that Daphne has had practice walking in heels because we have to park a few blocks away from where the party is being held. And even though I've gotten good with my crutches, by the time we make it half way I have to pause to ease the ache underneath my armpits.

"Want me to give you a piggy back ride?" A.J. asks.

"No offense but you probably can't lift me," I tell him.

"You probably weigh as much as a five year old, seriously, hop on."

I give a sideways glace at Daphne, I can see that she is trying her hardest to cover up her jealousy. "I'm good. I'll never get used to them if people offer to carry me, but thanks." I give Daphne a wink when A.J. isn't looking.

When we finally arrive at the house, I'm exhausted but it doesn't stop me from milling around that people in search of Lola. We found her in the basement, her brightly colored hair makes her stick out like a sore thumb against the dark backgrounds.

"Bama!" she squeals and throws her arms around my neck. The smell of alcohol seeped from her pours.

"Hey Lola. We brought a friend if that's okay, this is A.J."

"We have a class together right?" she asked.

"I think an art class together last year," he guesses.

"That's right. Anyways, come meet some of my friends."

My hands are occupied by my crutches so Lola settles for taking Daphne by the hand to lead her further into the basement. We walk straight into a crowd of people that are in the middle of a conversation. Lola drops Daphne's hand and falls into the lap of a boy with dark skin and a small afro.

"Michael, these are some friends from school. This is Alabama and her step sister, Daphne, and this is Daphne's boyfriend A.J.," Lola points at each of us. Both Daphne and A.J. blush at Lola's mistake but neither of them bothers to correct her.

"You're that chick Lola was telling me about. You got shot in the head right?" he asks.

"No, but I did get shot, four times."

"Oh shit, where?"

"Collarbone, chest, a bullet grazed my side but it managed to break a rib and I got hit in the leg."

"Bad ass."

"That's what a lot of people think."

"Did they ever catch the guys?" Lola mumbled into her red plastic cup.

"Actually yeah, they did last Friday. I have to go to Alabama in like a month or so for the trial, but I hope that they take whatever plea deal is offered to them."

Everyone nods, that conversation ends and I am thankful. Someone offers all three of us cans of beer, A.J. takes his immediately, Daphne hesitates and I refuse.

"If you want to drink tonight, I'll drive home. I can drive, I did it in Alabama," I whisper to Daphne and she takes the can into her hands.

"I've never really been drunk before so watch me, so this is my only one," Daphne whispered back to me.

That beer wasn't her only one though, she is on her third, and I can tell that it'll affect her in the morning, but for now she's letting her hair down and is having fun. I watch as Daphne draws herself slightly closer to A.J., first she started with just leaning on him now and then to catch her balance but now she has her back pressed to his front as they sway to the music.

Lola plops down next to me on the couch and begins to go on about something that I'm not sure of. She's still unaware that I'm not paying any bit of attention when Daphne and A.J. find their way to me. A.J. sits down on the opposite side of me and pulls Daphne to sit on his lap.

I take this time to play Cupid. "Daphne how drunk are you right now?"

"Not that drunk," she giggles.

"Are you drunk enough to kiss A.J.?" I smile.

A.J. gives a sly smirk; he'd like it if Daphne kissed him. "I bet you won't kiss me," he eggs on.

Daphne bit her lip then took A.J.'s ace into her hands and pulled his lips to hers.

I give an awkward laugh when the kiss verges on a make-out session and baby making practice. "Okay, maybe you guys should breathe now," I say. Daphne pulls away but doesn't take her hands from around A.J.'s neck.

We leave the party at around midnight, A.J. is giving Daphne a piggy back ride back to the car because her lack of coordination. I knew that she would be sleeping in my bed tonight because there is no way that she could make it up the stairs by herself.

I drop A.J. off at his house but it takes him fifteen minutes to get out of the car because of the kiss between him and Daphne refuses to stop. Finally, at twelve forty-five I pull Daphne's car into the driveway and into the garage.

I get her into room and by the time I help her changed into a pair of pajama pants and a tee shirt she is asleep on my bed. I change as well then follow Daphne into dreamland.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next few chapters are going to more of 'filler' chapters. I don't want this story to just be about a relationship between a student and teacher so I need to develop some of the other characters but I promise it'll be so worth it. ;D

Does anyone ever read these Author's notes or am I just writing to write?

XO.