Status: student/teacher

Suffocation.

Drive My Car.

Daphne is still sleeping soundly in my bed when I get up to get ready to go to the hospital. She doesn't move as I change out of my pajamas and into a sweater with Bambi on it. When I tapped her on the shoulder and told her that there is Advil and water on my night stand and that I was leaving, she gave me a small grumble to show that she is still alive.

This is the first time that Melanie or Toby have been to the hospital with me. They aren't allowed into my therapy session, which I think is weird that Toby wasn't required to go through therapy. My dad had told me that there is an excellent child therapist that he talks to at school, why couldn't I talk to the therapist at my school? They are allowed into my physical therapy session, however.

They chant my name as I take each step, slowly regaining my muscle back. I managed fifty steps without feeling like I was going to pass out from the pain, and Doctor Childers thinks that is a good sign of a speedy recovery. She did refuse to refill my prescription, saying that she didn't want me to use prescription drugs as a crutch. I told her she didn't know what it feels like to be shot.

Frankie took us to Betty's alterations. It's a small little place with an apartment upstairs where Betty, the ancient little lady, lives with her grumpy husband and cat Gizmo. Melanie said something about Betty being Frankie's Godmother or the mother of her Godmother, but she wasn't sure.

I stood on a pedestal in front of a full length mirror with a grayish color dressed pinned onto me. Bailey is certainly taller than me, the dress is supposed to come up a few inches above the knee but on me it's well past. She also has far bigger boobs than I do, but I feel like the entire world has bigger boobs than I do.

When I'm finished, Melanie takes my place. Betty doesn't have a dress for her to try on but she gets her measurements so that when the dress finally comes in, she'll alter it to fit her perfectly. The same for Toby. Frankie had ordered a tuxedo for him that is identical to the ones the other groomsmen will be wearing. The groomsmen being Frankie's younger brother Alec and of course Graham. Betty told us that everything will be completely in about two months and to come back then for the final fitting, I'd get to see Frankie's wedding dress then.

When we got home, Graham's truck is sitting in the driveway. I wasn't sure if it is a good thing or bad. I've been wanting to talk to him, clear the air of all weird energy, I want to forget everything that has happened, but then again I want to lock him into a hotel room and relive that night over and over again, and I wasn't sure why.

We find my dad, Bobby and Graham sitting in the family room watch sports on the flat screen, eating pizza and drinking beer. They definitely look like they are in their element.

"Hey guys, want some pizza?" my dad asks us once he hears us enter the house.

Everyone heads into the family room but I go back to my bedroom to talk to Daphne about last night, but she's not there. Before going up to her room I check the garage to see if her car is still there but it's not.

"Where's Daphne?" I asked to anyone who is listening.

"Oh she wanted me to tell you that she hates you but she also loves you and she went over to Allen's house to talk about the project they worked on last night and how it would affect them in the future. I don't know, I told her that you probably don't care about school like she does but whatever," Bobby tells me.

I smile and shake my head. I know exactly what she meant by what she told Bobby. She went to A.J.'s to discuss their multiple make out sessions and decide if they want to continue with that, or remain friends. I wish Graham and I could talk, I needed to get my head out of my ass and just talk to him.

I try to get Graham's attention without being obvious but he's too involved in the game replay on ESPN to notice me. I head back into my room where I left my purse to get my phone to send him a text telling him to meet me outside.

I venture outside, the snow is almost completely melted but there air is still cold and burns my cheeks.

Graham comes out of one of the French doors off of the living room, pack of cigarettes in hand. It is a good excuse even though he's trying to quit. He takes a seat beside me while lighting up.

One puff, two puffs, three puffs then he put the rest of the cigarette out in the bit of snow still left on the patio. I watch as he takes a piece of gum and puts it into his mouth and begins to chew.

"So," I say after a while.

"I've been avoiding you," he tells me.

"Why?"

Graham gives me a dumb look, like I should already know why he's been avoiding me. I do know why; the way we acted in Huntsville. "Would it be absolutely inappropriate of me to say that I liked it, and the asshole, selfish part of me wished that it went further?"

I look up at Graham, completely stunned. He liked kissing me; he wanted it to go further. I smile, I realize that I would have been fine it if continued. "No, the selfish part of me would have wanted it to go further too."

"But it didn't, and that's a good thing. I'm your teacher, I'm eight years older than you, and Bobby is my best friend."

I nod my head. "I totally agree."

We stand hand grasp a hold of each other. My palms flat against his chest while his arms snake around my upper body to hold me tight. A part of me didn't want to let go, didn't want him to let go. Graham feels like home, he's familiar, even though we've only known each other for a little over a month. Then just like that our lips meet again, as if they are magnets, working together, softly and innocently.

"We're only kidding ourselves you know?" Graham chuckles lightly, against my lips.

I watch Graham head back into the family room before I retreated into my room. I didn't know what Graham meant by that or the forth kiss we shared between each other. I am excited though, I enjoyed the way our lips fit together and how our bodies match together so well. I know that it's wrong, to get this way about your older step brother's best friend, especially when that friend doubles as a teacher in your school. But something inside me tells me that it doesn't matter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I want everyone to tell me what their favorite song is and who it's by. Don't be shy, I need new music to listen to and I listen to all music, so it'll be easy to please me. Hip hop, rock, folk, bluegrass, country, dubstep, pop, indie, alternative, oldies. Oldies is actually my favorite, like the 60's was a real good year.

I'm not showing the bridesmaid dresses yet cause I want to wait for the wedding, that'll be in like 10 chapters but I already have them picked out.

I couldn't stay away from Graham for two entire chapters, it needed to happen.

This is also so short, forgive me.

I want to write a fanfiction so bad! I don't know why, or who to even write about, but I want to. Give me some suggestions.