Status: Complete.

Everything's Changed

Ch.4

We all decided to get back in our original seats since Vernon was due any minute. I looked at the clock '11:50'.

Which means it's about 11:30.

Bender started whistling and soon the others whistled with him. I heard the doors open and everyone stopped, except for Bender. He started whistling Beethoven when Vernon entered.

"Alright girls, that's 30 minutes for lunch."

"Here?" Andy asked dumbfounded

"Here."

"Well I think the cafeteria would be a more suitable place for us to eat lunch in sir."

"Well, I don't care what you think Andrew."

"Uh, Dick? Excuse me; Rich. Will milk be made available to us?" Bender asked.

"We're extremely thirsty, sir," I said

"I have a really low tolerance for dehydration," Claire said.

"I've seen her dehydrate, sir. It's pretty gross," Andy said.

Bender then put both of his hands up and stood.

"Relax, I'll get it."

"Ah. Ah. Ah. Grab some wood there bub."

Bender sat back down slowly.

"Do you think I was born yesterday? You think I'm going to have you roaming these halls? You," Vernon said pointing to Andy and then looking for someone to go with him.

Andy motioned over to Claire but Vernon ignored it.

"And you. Hey. What's her name? Wake her. Wake her. C'mon missy let's go. This isn't a rest home."

She got up and Vernon said,

"There's a soft drink machine in the teacher's lounge. Let's go."

Andy got up and they all left the library. When the three of them left the rest of us decided to go to the back of the library. Claire was leaning against the statue, Brian was sitting on the railing, I was sitting next to him, and Bender was next to me flipping through a book.

"Claire, you wanna see a picture of a guy with elephantitis of the nuts? It's pretty tasty."

"No thank you."

"How does he rides a bike?"

"Oh Claire, would you ever consider dating a guy who looked like this?"

"Can't you just leave me alone?" She asked annoyed.

"I mean even if he had a nice personality, good dancer, and a cool car... although you'd probably have to ride in the backseat because his nuts would ride shotgun."

She rolled her eyes and asked,

"You want to know what I wish I was doing?"

"Oh, be careful what you say. Brian here's a cherry," Bender warned.

"A cherry?"

Oh brother.

I grabbed a book and started reading because I didn't want in any part of this conversation. A few minutes went by when I heard Bender call my name but I ignored it.

"Emily?"

Nothing.

"Emily?" He said a little louder.

Same result. He then snatched the book I was reading out of my hands and threw it on the table.

"I was reading that," I said in a bored tone.

"What's your take on a guy being a virgin?" He asked ignoring my comment.

I shrugged.

"I don't think it really matters," I said, then giving Brian a reassuring smile.

I then got up and headed back to the front while the others followed. When we sat down here came Andy and the girl with our sodas. Bender grabbed three cans and tossed one at the girl in the back, which she caught it without even looking up. I looked at her amazed.

Does she have some kind of ESP or something?

I jumped when I felt something cold on my neck. I turned my head towards Bender and accidentally brushed my lips over his because his face was so close to mine. I was in shock, I didn't know what to do. I felt Bender smirk into the kiss and pull my head closer to deepen the kiss. I finally kissed back and we broke apart when we heard bags in front of us being unloaded. My brother turned around to see what I brought for lunch. He looked at me a little weird because I knew he saw my red face. Our attention turned to Claire now when she brought out this piece of wood.

"What's in there?" Bender asked out of curiosity.

"Guess? Where's your lunch?"

"Emily's wearing it."

"You're nauseating," Claire said as she pulled out a black container and some soy sauce.

I took my turkey and cheese sandwich out of my bag, my strawberry flavored kool-aid in a water bottle, an apple, and a bag of chips.

"What's that?" Bender asked Claire.

"Sushi."

I let out a gagging sound and Bender looked at me. I've had sushi before and it made me sick for a couple of days and it tasted horrible.

"Sushi?"

"Rice, raw fish, and seaweed," Claire explained.

"You won't accept a guy's tongue in your mouth, and you're going to eat that?"

"Can I eat?"

"I don't know... Give it a try," Bender said while trying not to throw up.

Then Andy pulled out a family size bag of chips, three sandwiches, a package of chocolate chip cookies, paper milk carton that was a half-gallon, a banana, and an apple. I wanted to throw up right then and there.

How can somebody eat so much?

"How can you eat all that?"

Andy looked at me and shrugged. I opened my kool-aid and took a sip. I was about to take another when I heard a crunching noise from behind me. I looked at Bender and he motioned his head to the girl in the back. I turned around and looked. She was putting cereal on her piece of bread and smashing it together with the other piece and finally took a bite out if it. We all turned back around at the same time. Bender then got up to pester Brian. While he was doing that I took my chance to eat my apple while I watched the two.

"What're we having?"

"Uh, it's your standard, regular lunch I guess..."

Bender started fishing out Brian's lunch from the paper bag.

"Milk?"

"Soup," Brian corrected

Then Bender smacked Brian's hand away from his own bag.

"That's apple juice..."

"I can read! PB & J with the crusts cut off... Well Brian, this is a very nutritious lunch, all the food groups are represented. Did your mom marry Mr. Rogers?"

"No. Mr. Johnson."

I chuckled at that, he obviously didn't get it.

"Here's my impression of life at big Bri's house," Bender said getting up and went to the aisle.

"Son?"

"Yeah, Dad."

"How's your day, Pal?"

"Great, Dad. How's yours?"

"Super. Say, son, how'd you like to go fishing this weekend?"

"Great, Dad. But I've got homework to do."

"That's all right, son. You can do it on the boat."

"Gee!"

"Hon, isn't our son swell?"

"Yes, dear. Isn't life swell?"

Bender then acted like he kissed two people then punch one of the imaginary parents. Bender came back to the desk and sat down on it. Brian looked a little uncomfortable from the reenactment so Andy stepped up.

"Alright. What about your family?"

"Who? Mine."

"Yeah."

"It's real easy," He said getting up again and getting in position.

"Stupid, worthless, no good, goddamn, freeloading son of a bitch. Retarded, big mouth, know-it-all, asshole, jerk."

"You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful."


He then slapped the air.

"Shut up bitch! Go fix me a turkey pot pie."

"No dad, what about you?"

"Fuck you."

"No dad, what about you?"

"Fuck you."

"Dad, what about you?"

"Fuck you!"

He then acted like he got punched in the face.

"Is that for real?" Brian asked.

"You wanna come over sometime?"

"That's bullshit. It's all part of your image. I don't believe a word of it," Andy said.

Andy you don't know anything about his personal life. So how would you know? I thought angrily with tears in my eyes from the little play Bender put on.

"You don't believe me?"

"No."

"No?"

"Did I stutter?"

Bender marched up to Andy and rolled up his sleeve to show Andy something.

"Do you believe this?"

Andy saw it and looked away. I saw it and I wanted to vomit all over the place. I mean how can someone be so cruel to their own child.

"Huh? It's about the size of a cigar. Do I stutter? See this is what you get in my house when you spill paint in the garage."

He pulled down his sleeve while walking backwards.

"See I don't think I need to sit with you fucking dildos anymore."

He then took his anger out on some books and climbed over the railing and sat down.

"Why would you say something like that?" I snapped at Andy.

"You shouldn't have said that," Claire stated.

"How'd I know? I mean he lies about everything anyway."

I stood up marching to Andy and slapped him.

"Maybe you should start considering that some things are true," I said taking my lunch and went up to Bender.

I made to the top of the steps and cautiously made my way to Bender. I sat down and handed him my sandwich.

"I don't want it."

"Here, I'm not that hungry anyway."

He finally took it from me after a few more minutes of convincing him.

"I'm sorry about my brother. He's to stupid to realize what's true and what's fake," I said softly.

My eyes widened a little when he grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together.

"What does this make us?" He asked.

"I don't know, I can tell you that I'm not going to be your..." I stopped trying to find the right word that wasn't to vulgar.

"Screw buddy," I finally said.

He smirked at that.

"You just can't say fuck buddies?"

"No."

"Well..."

He then took his hand away from mine. I felt disappointed, I just ruined whatever we had going, if anything.

"In that case, you're my girlfriend," He said putting his hand to my cheek.

I couldn't help but smile. We started leaning closer and before I knew it, we were kissing. I could feel someone's eyes on me but I ignored and kept kissing Bender.