Born to Raise Hell

Prologue

I'd been 18 for roughly two minuets and I'd already struck down 20 souls and no way in hell was I going down without a fight. Pun highly intended.
"Cassie! What are you doing?" my mother screamed, snatching the sword out of my hands.
"Just because you and dad were stupid enough to believe a heartless man loved you doesn't mean I am." I grabbed my sword back and ran off. the first time I'd seen her since I was 16... All my parents ever cared about was ruining the world. they'd never seen me as their daughter, I was just a tool to them. I sliced down another soul. They would have to kill me to get out of here!
"Cassie..." Her voice was soft and I almost didn't hear it.
"Persephone? What are you doing out here?" All the souls fell to their knees for their Queen.
"You have to stop... He's going to kill you. I'd rather see hell on earth than you dead..." I laughed bitterly.
"I'd rather it the other way. Everyone dies, P." I hugged her. "Now either help me or go back inside." She pulled off her black wedding ring and placed it into my palm before closing my hand around it.
It's the key to the gate. It'll help you get home." I nodded.
"I love you, P. I wish there was some other way." She pushed my bangs to the side.
"I always knew you'd make the right choice, Cassie, this choice. I love you too." She kissed my forehead. "Please don't die." She muttered against my skin before dashing into the black castle. Her words left hanging in the air.
We both knew the truth; I was going to die that night. I hardly stood a chance...
♠ ♠ ♠
mmm... Been trying to write a mythology story for so long.
T loves you.
Comment.