Her Feet in His Skates

Chapter 10

On Monday, Third and I go straight from our last lectures of the day to TD Garden, me in my Saad jersey and Third in his jersey he got on draft day. We get to our section and see that our seats are three rows from the bottom, behind the Bruins' bench right next to the tunnel.
The Bruins and the Colorado Avalanche come out onto the ice, Jordan giving me a fist bump on his way out the tunnel.
After warmups, Jordan's girlfriend, Tanya, comes and fills the empty seat next to Third and we make conversation between the three of us until the game starts.
----
The final score is 3-2 Bruins after an Overtime goal by one of Jordan's linemates. The three of us wait for a while before we climb over the railing that separates the fans from the tunnel.
A security guard comes rushing from behind a door but stops when he sees us, a small smile on his face, "You'd think I'd stop reacting this long after a game," he laughs. "You guys can head on in."
On the way back, we pass the wall that's full of draft picks from the past ten years. Normally, I'd proudly stop and admire Jordan's picture but after this draft, I'd rather not, even if Third is on that wall.
"Hey! It's me!" Third screeches from behind me. "Sam! Come here, it's me!" He says, pulling my arm. I roll my eyes and look at Third's picture, averting my eyes from last year's second round pick.
You just need a distraction, Sam. Stop letting him get under your skin.
After multiple pictures sent to just as many people, we can finally go back into the locker room. Jordan's the only one left in the disgusting smelling room, already redressed in his suit. But, another guy comes into the room, who couldn't be older than Third and me. He's probably an equipment manager.
He notices me and walks over, Jordan keeping a protective eye on us, "Hey, I'm John."
I think I just found my distraction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for reading guys! Leave a comment to tell me what you think of the end? :)