Anytime

1/1

"Danny, I'm bored. Entertain me," I say tiredly to my best friend, Danny, who also happens to be the manager.

"Maybe if you actually did your job, you wouldn't be so bored," he says, handing a customer their coffee and doughnut.

I groan but listen and turn back to the register only to see the gap-toothed smile of a guy any Oilers fan would recognize: Jordan Eberle as well as Taylor Hall standing behind him.

They notice my expression and their faces flash a look of panic as Taylor shushes me before I can do anything, "Y-you're..." I stutter while the two laugh.

"Yeah. We are... Eleanor," Jordan chuckles, reading my name tag pinned on my apron and I blush trying to hide behind my bangs, feeling stupid for reacting the way I am.

"C-can I help you guys?" I try to say calmly.

They rattle off their orders to me and I ring them up, then help Danny make their coffees and collect their doughnuts.

Once everything is ready, Danny makes me give them their drinks and bag of food after much protest on my part.

"Thanks, Eleanor," Jordan says as he collects what I hand to him.

"Anytime," I mumble as I quickly walk back to the register to prevent further embarassment.

About twenty minutes later, my shift for the day is over but Taylor and Jordan are sitting in the back, right where employees are supposed to hang their aprons.

I speed walk over, avoiding any eye contact with them and hang my apron on a hook then speed walk right out the door.
----

The next day, I walk into Timmy's to see Danny sitting on the counter smirking at me.

"What?" I ask dumbly.

"I know something that you don't know," he drags out as I walk to the back of the store to grab my apron.

"Way to be twelve, Danny," I say, stuffing my hands into my apron pocket, only to hear the rustling of paper. I see Danny's smirk widen.

I pull the slip of paper out of my pocket and see a phone number written down sloppily as well as the words, "How soon till I can collect on your offer of 'anytime'? -Jordan".