The Heart Never Lies

Chapter 11.

My POV.

As soon as Jaymi came in, he was shaking. I could see it. His face was petrified. He bloody well should be. I want to punch him again and again. I would've given my life to this guy and he just... I don't know. I bit my lip, leaning against the glass.

"Do you have any idea what this is about, Mr Hensley?" Paul asked him. He shook his head. 'Dickhead.' I thought.

"Well, a certain text was sent to a certain someone with some horrible things written in it. It came from your phone. Where is it?" asked Paul. Jaymi looked up at him.

"My phone's at home. I didn't bring it today."

"I see." My heart was in my throat. If he doesn't have his phone, then who sent it? There was a sudden knock at the door. It was Jade. Come to save your precious Jaymi, eh?

"It was me. I sent the text." She said, not acknowledging Jaymi. She sent it..?

"What? Why would you do that?" Jaymi said, getting up, hands curled up into fists.

"I guess I just wanted you all to myself. Without Heather there.." That bitch! Jaymi scoffed and headed for the door.

"So, I suppose you WERE bullying her? And I yelled at her for nothing!!! I lost my best friend because of you. Thanks a lot. Never come near me again. Can I go now, sir?" Paul allowed him to go and he left without saying anything. I sat down on the chair behind me. I was still angry at Jaymi. I don't think I can give him another chance.

-

On my way to the cafeteria, I bumped into Jaymi.

"Heather? I'm sorry, I really am. I'm sorry I accused you of bullying Jade. I'm sorry for not believing you, I'm really sorry... Can you forgive me?" He whispered.

I looked up at him. "No."

"What? Why? What about the play?"

I exhaled. "You've known her for 2 weeks, you've known me for 9 years. You'd rather choose your girlfriend over your best friend, and you didn't even get to hear my side of the story. You only heard hers. As for the play, I can tolerate you through it but as for outside of the play, I don't want anything to do with you." I bit my lip, fighting back the tears as I tried to walk away. He yanked me back and pinned me up against the wall.

"Heather, please. You have no idea how much I l--."

"Jaymi!" I saw Dan to my left, I pushed Jaymi away from me and ran into Dan's arms. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I threw mine around his neck.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He asked, cupping my face. I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine."

"Jaymi, just stay away from her for a while. She doesn't want to see you. Come on." He said, pulling me away.