The Heart Never Lies

Chapter 6.

My POV.

Groaning, I opened my eyes to see George leaning over me, his hands in mine.

"George?" I whispered. His head shot up, cradling me in his arms. I clinged to him, pulling him closer, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Who did this to you..?" I pulled back and looked at him. I wiped his tears away and whispered, "You wouldn't believe me."

I bit my lip and leaned against his chest. His fingers softly stroking my cheek. No one would ever believe me. What would Jaymi say, when he finds out that I'm accusing his girlfriend? He'll hate me forever and he will take her side, I know it. But I can't lie. She's bullying me. I looked up at George.

"Try me." He whispered, kissing my forehead. I sighed. I'm scared that he won't believe me or he'll think I'm being stupid. It's a serious accusation but it's the truth.

"It was Jade."

George glared down at me. He was biting his lip hard, that it had started to turn red. I nudged him, "George, stop doing that."

"I'm gonna kill her.." He whispered, as he got up. He walked out of the room. "George, wait!" I called after him but he didn't return. Despite being in so much pain, I was able to get up and run after him. I came to a narrow corridor, with George and Jaymi arguing at the bottom of it. I saw Dan run towards me, picking me up. I smiled at him.

"You shouldn't be going anywhere in this state." He said, hugging me. Out of the corner of my eye, George pinned Jaymi against the wall. Dan put me down gently but kept his arm wrapped firmly around my waist, keeping me up.

"George, get off of me!" Jaymi shouted, attempting to fight my brother off. George tightened his grip and as Dan and I walked closer, Jaymi turned to look at me. There was so much anger in his eyes.

"What the hell is going on?!" He yelled, frowning at me. I bit my lip.

"Your girlfriend hit me." I said, loud enough for him to hear. He scoffed, pushing George away. I watched him crumple to the floor and as Jaymi rushed towards me, Dan stepped in front of me. Jaymi growled at me and lunged for me but Dan held him back. He just tried to hit me...

"Don't be stupid! Jade wouldn't do that. You're just looking for attention. You're pathetic." I felt my breath catch in my throat as he spat those words at me. I knew this would happen. I managed to get Dan out of the way and I punched Jaymi in the face. He had never called me something like that before. I knew it was a stupid thing to do but I couldn't help it. My best friend just took his girlfriend's side over me. The anger came out in one action and he was on the floor. George came over to me and picked me up, taking me back to the medical room and all I could do now was cry.