Mayday Situation.

The Oncoming Storm.

'Hey, your his girlfriend' 'he doesn't like admitting he has one' sitting in the green room, 'so I am sort of, I'm a ghost girlfriend' he laughed, 'I know the feeling' she nodded, 'I know, you ok?' 'I'm good' he nodded, 'so, what's your name?' 'I'm Gracie' 'Alex' she nodded too, 'so, what do you do?' 'I study English at Baltimore' 'oh, cool, what are your plans?' 'I'm working for a comic book store as a manager, but I'm writing my own comic too' he grinned, 'that's awesome' 'don't tell him' 'why?' she rubbed her neck nervously, 'cos, whenever I tell him about something I'd like to do, he sort of takes apart my ambitions piece by piece, he's had it done so often to him' 'he does it to you' she gulped, 'I shouldn't, sorry' 'I've spent six weeks with that dick, say what you like' he shrugged, 'you don't like him' 'want a list?' 'go ahead, though, he's got worse, the ego, I don't know'.

Alex chatted with her about science fiction, she was doing a module in it, talking about The Martian Chronicles which had been her favourite this semester, ‘I’ll look it up’ ‘I have a copy with me’ rooting through her bag she passed him a copy, ‘I have more than one, it's ok’ ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ ‘what are you doing?’ ‘I was just, don’t worry Liam’ he pulled on her hand, she looked unhappy, as Alex put the book on his bus, ‘why do girls date dicks?’ ‘I don’t know Alex, but you’re not a dick’ ‘thanks’ he smiled.

'I don't know, Gracie, Liam's girlfriend' 'you don't know?' 'what?' 'she isn't out of choice' 'what do you mean?' 'Liam went into hospital by cutting his wrists in her apartment after getting drunk, she's scared to leave him, cos he'll do something to himself' Rian whispered, 'I'd guess, Alex, it's happened a few times, I heard his band talking about them' 'that's not healthy' 'apparently they've been together since before the band, high school' Alex nodded, 'that's not cool' 'I know, I agree, but I think she's probably scared to leave Alex, if she does something, then he'll do something stupid' 'what a horrible position to be in' rubbing his neck, 'I agree, she's being emotionally blackmailed' 'the irony of choking on a lifesaver' 'you're telling me' they chuckled, looking at her, she tidied herself up.

Alex wandered over, she shuffled a little away, ‘you good?’ ‘he gets paranoid, the weed’ ‘oh, right I’m sorry’ she nodded, ‘pass me the book’ he nodded she took it and put a slip of paper in and passing it back, he looked at the line she had underscored, ”We Earth men have a talent of ruining big beautiful things’ she smiled, ‘nothing against you’ ‘I’ll call’ ‘please do’ she looked a little hopeless, ‘soon I promise’.
♠ ♠ ♠
(I hope no one thinks I'm making light of mental health issues, as a depressive, but in this case, he's not, he's using it as a form of manipulation, which I have seen in real life, read carefully!)