Mayday Situation.

The Muddy Middle: Part One.

'Got pizza' she smiled, 'my favourite too, thank you' he grinned, pulling her on the sofa, 'you like Star Trek?' 'yeah, you?' 'I like Voyager and the classic episodes, was more a Buffy girl' 'I can deal with Buffy' she grinned, 'good' he nodded, 'so, wanna watch that instead' 'sure' he grinned, putting on Star Trek, she snuggled into him, 'how's everything?' 'I've decided when I'll leave' Alex looked at her, 'when?' 'March 4th, it's the day he leaves' Vee nodded, 'for US tour' 'indeed, I can only imagine 6 weeks away can do him good, I don't expect you to come save me, not at all' he kissed her softly, 'then you should' rubbing her nose gently, she smiled blushing, he grinned holding her close.

Alex talked to her all night, her pretty eyes sparkled as she giggled. ‘can you stay?’ ‘be impossible, Alex’ he sighed, ‘sorry’ ‘it’s ok’ playing with his hair, her phone rung, ‘hello?’ ‘where are you?’ ‘I’m at a friend’s house, what’s up?’ ‘can you stay there tonight, I’m having friends over, and you kill it’ Alex’s jaw dropped, ‘hmm, sure, I think so’ ‘good, don’t come back tonight’ call ending, he grinned, ‘fine with us, I think’ kissing deeply, he held her close, ‘you’re so beautiful Grace, he treats you like shit’ ‘when he’s good, he’s amazing, and when he’s bad, it’s horrific’ Alex sighed, ‘I’d never do that’ she kissed his head, ‘unlike him, you don’t need to convince me’ he grinned picking her up and heading for bed, making love, he held her tight all night.

Gracie dressed taking a cold slice for breakfast, he grinned as she brushed her long red hair, ‘I’m going to be away for a week, my birthday celebrations and I’m doing some shows, so I may not see you for a while, but I’ll call, and we can meet around Christmas?’ she grinned, ‘sure’ kissing his cheek, he grinned too, ‘also, Grace, I think for Chirstmas I need to buy you a gift if there’s something you’d like?’ ‘you came early darling’ he grinned, ‘but, my desk in the spare room, I need a light, to draw by, if you can get me a desk light, like the ones at the beginning of Pixar movies, that would be good’ ‘I am doing better than that!’ ‘Surprise me darling’ he smiled, ‘ok’ kissing his head, ‘I am scared of what I may find’.

Getting home, the room was covered in cigarettes and torpedoes clearing up around them, someone grunted heading for her room, Liam was asleep but there was sick on her shoes, which made her gag, picking them up she put them in the washing machine glad they were converses, he looked up, ‘where have you been?’ ‘friends’ she nodded, ‘glad you're back’ he mumbled, ‘you’re disgusting’ noticing her shoes in the machine, Liam had stagger to the kitchen to find Advil, ‘it’s just shoes, I’ll buy you a new pair’ ‘they’re limited edition Doctor Who ones, good luck’ she sighed, ‘well, you’re never gonna leave me’ ‘don’t bet on it’ he smirked.

-x-