Re: Giving Up

I have hope

I read about your heart, sounding like it's breaking.

I read about you feeling that walls were driving you insane.

I read about how, my dear friend from another country, is feeling so down until she is soaked from crying.

I don't want you to give up. I can see the light in you, because every time we talk it brightens for me something new.

You encourage me so much, give me goals I hadn't thought of. Three and four hundred poems soon became something achievable. Stories, for me, but that's not the point.

We don't need to control everything, that's why we can pray. Just lift your hands up, and everything will be okay.

When the world brings us to our knees, we are in the perfect position to pray. And when tears soak our cheeks and show that our hearts have faith, the imaan in our hearts just wants us to pray.

It's okay to cry, just pray as well.

I promise you this; that every time I felt horrible, that the world is crashing around me and I put my hands up to pray. That my heart and voice have screamed out to Allah, I have felt serenity. And soon after my problems have been solved, so much that I don't understand how it is possible.

But Allah controls everything.

And you will be okay. You have tons of control.

Just look how easy it is for you to rhyme when you aren't even feeling the strength.

It's pretty awesome.

As salamualaikum.
♠ ♠ ♠
For a friend.