Status: This post is my first, so please go easy on me, but I except all comments on my story. Please tell me what you think and what I can do to improve my writing. Thank you!

Somewhere Only We Know

Prologue

It’s bright.

Fall colors everywhere; orange, red, green and yellow are painted in the trees. A cool breeze dancing around the tall branches causing it to rain the colorful leaves.

It’s a beautiful sight.

Pretty as a picture.

The wind was making it’s own music by colliding with the woods. But, a sour note rang by a snapping twig.

She lifts her head up from the ground, looking at her surroundings; and she sees nothing. Not sure if she should be afraid and go home or investigate. Her curiosity gets the best of her and stands on her feet. Concentrating on in between the trunks of large pine trees. The other side of her, was a beautiful, peaceful view of the lake.

She's looked too soon.

“Roar!”

An impact from above pinned her back to the ground.

“Ha-ha! Pinned ya!” the shadow laughed.

“Ian, get off me!” she yelled. He jumps off while laughing hysterically, rolling on the ground, getting his blue shirt and small baggy jeans covered in the fallin' leaves. “That’s not funny. You scared me!” She got back up, dusted her frilly dress off and walked away, mad.

“Oh, come on. I was just playing.” He ran after her and ended up in front of her, walking backwards. Then stopped to make her pay attention.

“Go away. I’m mad at you!” she tried to take one step aside of him and he followed to step in front. She breathed out with a humph, then went for the other side and he stepped again to block her.

“What are you doing?” he asked, playfully taunting her.

“I’m trying to get away from you!” Finally, she walked off ahead and he came up behind, pinched her sides, which caused her to squeal and laugh.

Her short brown hair blowing in the wind, the spiked-edges of her hair lightly feathers her young, soft, olive skin. Her large chocolate brown eyes shined with excitement were in slants of laughter.

Both of them, now were on the ground laughing hysterically.

He paused in the laughter and quickly looked into the deep woods. “Your mom is calling you.” His smile was replaced with a frown upon his face and his coral blue eyes had suddenly sadness in them. They both stood up and walked back. He turns to her and continues walking backwards.

“Hey, you wanna race back?” he asked with his eyes staring into hers.

“I’m too tired now, thanks to you.” She replies and playfully pushing him. “Will you stop that, you’re going to hit something.” she says after seeing him just missed a tree.

Compared to her skin tone, he had sun-kissed skin. It was a very beautiful against his black mid-neck length hair and his ocean blue eyes.

He folded his thin bronzed arms across his chest. “Well, you didn’t help with the pushing.

“Well you deserved it,” she smiled.

“Are we gonna race or what?” he asked.

She smirked. “Prepare to be beaten.” He smirked back.

“Alright, on your mark, get set, go!” he ran off at the word “go”. She chased after him and soon came head to head, but he kept a much faster pace. She didn’t really mind losing to him. She just enjoyed the breeze touching her round face and pinching her pink cheeks. The wind running their long fingers through her short hair.

They reached her back yard; it was large enough for an only child. A large porch straight ahead was connected to a white house with green shutters near the windows.

Both now, stopped and breathed heavily. “That was not fair…you…got…a head start,” she said trying to catch her breath.

“Hey don’t blame me. I’m just older means I’m faster.” He smiled.

“Yeah, by a year.”

“Oh, don’t get mad because your slow.” He laughed.

A growl came from the back of her throat and she pounced on him just as he did in the woods. They both tumbled around on the ground until he landed on top.

“Pinned ya, again.” He says sarcastically.

“Caddi, come inside and help mommy pack.” A woman was standing at the back doorway, smiling at the two kids on the ground. Looking at her was looking at her daughter in the future.

She was tall, and slender with a proper hourglass shape to the bodice. She had fair olive skin and long wavy brown hair. The only thing different between the mother and daughter were the eyes; she mother had bright green eyes.

“Coming mommy!” she replied back while rubbing her eyes in asleepy state.

“Caddisy Annabelle Thorn, what have I told you, don’t rub your eyes, sweetheart.” The mother shakes her head lightly and smiles at the little boy, “Hi, Ian.”

“Hi, Mrs. Thorn.” He replies back, then she returns inside. “Where is you mom going again?”

“Daddy is going to this con…con-va…convation? I think that’s what mom called it. He made something cool and he has ot talk about it with other people and mommy is going with him.”

“Cool.”

“Yeah, see ya!” she opens the door while Ian walks off the back porch.

“Hey, Cat?” he turns to her.

“Yeah?”

“Happy Birthday.” He smiles.

“Thanks. Happy Birthday to you too.” She smiles back and goes into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, there is more instore....

Just a quick reminder, this is my first story that I ever put together from my own ideas. I would appreciate some feedback. Go easy on me, again, I'm a beginner. :)

Read & Comment!

Thanks <3