Status: Updated sporadically

I Hate When They Call Me Snow White

You Have No Idea...

For such little men, their voices reached a decibel that I wouldn’t have thought possible.

Even Doc was shouting and waving his fist. All of six of the dwarves collective rage was directed towards Grumpy, whose singular aggression seemed to be overpowering the rest.

“She’s a liability!” He growled at Doc.

“She’s a young girl escaping a terrible fate. How could you condemn her to dangers of the forest?” cried Doc passionately.

“What dangers?” Grumpy scoffed.

“Wild animals,” said Doc.

“Huntsmen!” shouted Bashful, his face red with anger as opposed to embarrassment.

“Pahh,” Grumpy scoffed while sitting back in his chair, “When’s the last time you saw a bloody huntsmen?”

“They’re out there, all right. Plus, the Queen’s guards are known be spotted in these parts from time to time,” said Stealthy, while using a knife to clean beneath his fingernails.

At this I felt myself pale. The guards came this deep into the woods? For what purpose? I couldn’t ask though. I felt too vulnerable and I was paranoid about them suddenly realizing who I was.

“If you please, I wouldn’t be a burden. I would help out with whatever you need.” I said fervently. Hoping the desperation wasn’t obvious.

“As what? A maid?” Grumpy smirked at me.

At this I narrowed my eyes. My pride had been bristled. I was tired, wet, and dirty. Though not unaccustomed to dirt, living in a musty tower for three years removes certain sensibilities, I would not let me new found freedom be dictated to by anyone. No matter what it cost me.

“I meant hunting. I can cook a bit. I’ll work though. Hard.” I said with steely determination.

“You’re the daughter of a blacksmith. No matter how rough your previous conditions were, I don’t think you’ve been through any real hardship. You’re not cut out for this life,” Grumpy mocked.

I didn’t move from my spot, but I felt the air around me change with my anger. My voice came out low and eerily dangerous.

“You have absolutely no idea what hardships I have endured.”

The room was absolutely silent. The only noise was the irregular crackling of the fire.

“Make no mistake,” I continued, “I am not some silly fool. If I say I’ll work and do my part, I mean exactly that.”

I stood up and took a few steps towards them. I wasn’t the tallest of people, but the fact that I towered over these four-foot men gave me sense of courage.

“Now. Let’s vote again,” I said in the same tone my father used to train his soldiers with.

“Doc?” I looked at the man who held this ragtag group together.

“Of course, Armie,” he said softly.

I continued to question the rest and was met with various types of ‘yes’s.’ I made sure that Dopey wouldn’t spring up with his spoon and give me another bruise.

It was finally down to Grumpy again and I stared at him hardly.

“Grumpy? Yes or no?”

He stared me back down, not saying a word. The silence stretched on until you could hold the tension in your hands. Finally, when I expected him to remain silent forever, he answered.

“Fine, but remember- I warned you,” he said with a surly expression.

I immediately sighed in relief and smiled at the men I was determined to make apart of my new life.

“Wonderful! Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! Good man, Grumpy. I knew you’d come around,” Doc said happily, pounding the irritated dwarf on the back. To which he was only met with an eye roll.

Dopey ran up to me and offered me his spoon, which was covered in spit.

“Thank you,” I smiled and took slimy piece of wood.

“Are you hungry, Armie?” Doc cried out.

As if to answer, my stomach growled loudly. I blushed slightly. Doc just smiled.

“Should we get ready for dinner?” Doc asked us all.

“Would you like me to make something?” I asked politely.

Grumpy scoffed and mumbled something incoherent. Now that I was allowed to stay I just ignored him.

“Of course not, dear. It is your first day. I will cook,” Doc began before looking me up and down, “Besides...perhaps you’d like to clean up?” he said politely.

I looked down grimaced.

My hands and once green dress was caked with mud and grime. My hair was a knotted mess with enough twigs in it to probably make a birds nest.

“Yes, I’d love too.” I said.

And with that I followed Doc to the same stream in which they had originally knocked me unconscious. I hoped fervently that with this bath I would cleanse myself of my past life and start anew.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAY. It's late, but it's still Sunday! On time TECHNICALLY. It did take me later today because I was out all day and ended up grocery shopping for ages because my sister convinced me to go gluten and dairy-free. Hooray...
And the of course I was sidetracked with Once Upon A Time...so you know...a lot of important life-altering things were happening.
I know this chapter is a bit lame, but bear with me. I swear on the grave of my beloved pet unicorn! It will get more fast-paced and exciting.
Let me know what you think so far and do any of you watch OUAT? If so, let's be best friends and debate who is more dreamy- Captain Hook or Prince Charming? Because I'm constantly changing my mind. xxx