Status: Updated sporadically

I Hate When They Call Me Snow White

The Truth Floats

“Where is your Huntsman?” The Queen said angrily as she barged into the Prince’s room..

The Prince practically flew away from the maid he had been previously locked in a fervent embrace with. The maid stood with her breasts out and her mouth agape, too petrified to move.

“Leave,” the Queen commanded.

The Prince stared hungrily at he maid as she scurried out.

“Was that necessary?” he said.

The Queen chose to ignore this comment.

“The Huntsman,” she repeated impatiently, “where is he?”

“I’ve send word for him,” the Prince said as he began to restore his clothing.

“And why has he yet to come?” the Queen demanded.

“He enjoys taking his time,” the Prince said.

His voice was so full of ire and distaste that it instantly caught the Queen’s interest.

She sauntered over to the Prince and stroked her hand lightly down his still bare chest.

“How does the Prince of a faraway kingdom become acquainted with a common Huntsman,” she purred.

“Through very unfortunate circumstances, milady,” he responded, instantly responding to the Queen’s flirtations.

Before another word could be exchange, there was a knock at the door.

“Enter,” the Queen called out.

A portly footman entered the room, slightly shaking.

“The man,” he paused to clear his throat, “the Huntsman is here, your highness.”

The Queen turned to look back at Prince Lucas.

“Shall we?”

The footman led the pair to the throne room where he had left the imposing figure they called the Huntsman.

The moment they entered the room, The Queen’s eyes instantly locked on a massive hooded figure.

She went and sat herself in her throne and waited.

“Bow, you fool,” Prince Lucas hissed loudly to the man.

To this, the hooded man raised his head and stared directly into the Prince’s eyes. The Prince shuddered slightly before turning away.

The Queen, finally having a decent view of his face, was shocked to see a prominent white scar that ran down the left side of the Huntsman’s face. It distorted his rugged appearance and caused the left eye to droop and the left side of the mouth to turn down.

The Queen quickly shook off her surprise and addressed the Huntsman directly.

“Your services are need, Huntsman,” she said in her most regal of voices.

It took all of her willpower to stare into the piercing gray eyes. In the pause that followed, the Huntsman did not speak so she continued.

“There is a fugitive that we need apprehended. She is a traitor to the crown and must be dealt with,” the Queen finished.

The Huntsman had yet to produce a syllable, but continued to stare at the Queen.

“What say you, Huntsman?” The Queen prompted, growing uneasy in his enduring silence.

“When was the last time this fugitive was seen?” the Huntsman said, his voice a low burr.

“This particular traitor is traveling with a group of men, dwarfs, I am told,” the Queen said glancing at Prince Lucas, who up until this point was turned away and looking at the floor.

The Prince turned back and looked at the Queen before blushing slightly.

The Huntsman raised his eyebrows at this and waited quietly for further elaboration.

“The Prince here had a run-in with the fugitive and dwarfs. They overpowered his comrade and he and left them tied to a tree,” the Queen said, taking enjoyment in the Prince’s increasing embarrassment.

The Huntsman showed no response besides a slight twitch of his mouth, which did not go unnoticed by the Prince.

“Damn you,” the Prince growled at the Huntsman.

Though the Huntsman’s face did not change, one could see the increasing amusement in the Huntsman’s eyes.

"Here is a resemblance of her," the Queen handed him a WANTED poster.

The Huntsman simply put the parchment in his pocket, without looking at it, before looking back at the Queen.

“I require payment.”

The Queen nodded to the guard standing to the side. He brought forth a substantial sized pouch of gold and placed it in front of the Huntsman.

“That is half,” The Queen said, “you will receive the other half when you bring me the heart of the traitor. Do we have a deal?”

The Huntsman simply nodded before turning away

“And Huntsman?” The Queen called out as he neared the door, “Should you fail, I will kill you,” she finished.

The Huntsman paused slightly before continuing out of the door and disappearing.

The Queen leaned back in her throne.

“Let the games begin,” she said wickedly.

A few weeks later…

We walked through the neighboring village. It had been at least three months since my first escapade with the men, and since then I haven’t messed up as horribly as the first. By that I mean no one has had the opportunity to almost touch my breast...or other areas. Oh, and Doc hasn't been hit on the head.

I loved the walks through the village, although I remained hooded for a good deal of the time. I felt the sun and the breeze. My body had changed since running away. Besides eating properly, I had regained the color to my skin. It now glowed bright olive and I had a few freckles across the bridge of my nose.

I also actually resemble a woman now. I remember squealing a bit when I realized that my thighs actually touched. I had strong muscles from running and climbing, but I was glad to have some of the softness that I once had. I was beginning to look like my mothers.

I was free and I was happy. The dwarves and I were a wonderful little family. I loved being with them. I’ve never felt quite so much like myself before.

I was surveying a table of trinkets with Dopey, who had remained faithful to his spoon. I kept one of his hands securely in my own, because we’ve had a few incidents of him running away and branding a few people with the wooden slapstick.

I suddenly felt a presence behind me and turned to find Stealthy.

I smiled before I noticed the alarmed expression on his face.

“What’s wrong” I asked him quietly.

“There’s someone looking for you,” he said quietly.

I wish I could’ve said that I kept my expression clear and smooth, but I felt the panic and dread overcome me.

“What?” I whispered.

Stealthy took in all of my features. He saw the fear, the panic, and the pain.

“Come with me,” he said.

I followed him through the market. I kept a firm grasp of Dopey, who simply followed along happily. We finally made our way to a back alley when Stealthy turned around and looked at me with impenetrable eyes.

“Who are you?” He asked.

I opened my mouth but no words came out. No one had ever put the question to me so bluntly. Since I joined the Band, the dwarfs never questioned my past or the story I had told them.

“You...know me,” I eventually managed.

“I know who you told us you are, but I’m asking who you really are,” his voice was low and dangerous.

I felt my eyes water. They would cast me off and hate me. I had lied.

As if sensing my distress, Dopey tapped me on the arm with his spoon. I turned and looked at his bright face as he offered me a gummed smile, his one tooth showing. I felt my own lips turn up in a smile.

“I know,” I heard Stealthy say quietly.

“You know?”

I whipped my head around to look at Stealthy. I felt my eyes widen and my breath stop.

I watched as he pulled out a piece of parchment from his pocket and unrolled it to reveal a wanted poster with my face and name on it.

“Where…where was this?” I reached for the poster with a shaking hand.

“I’ve been ripping them down for the last few weeks,” Stealthy confessed, “in the woods and in town.”

I looked at his dark eyes with hope.

“Why” I whispered.

I couldn’t manage to make my voice any louder. My throat was dry and my head light with relief.

“I knew you wouldn’t lie, if you didn’t need you,” Stealthy said, “ I saw how you wanted to tell us, but I also saw your fear,” he finished.

I flung myself at the small men, wrapping my arms around his neck in an affectionate choke hold.

“Thank you.”

He slowly raised his arms and patted me on the back awkwardly.

“There, there now,” he said slowly, as if unsure.

I laughed at his attempt at comfort and wiped my eyes.

“You’ve told the others?” I asked, knowing that the men didn’t keep secrets between each other.

“Yes, a while ago,” he said apologetically.

I attempted to wrap my brain around that. All of the men had known for weeks and yet none of them had altered their behavior towards me in the slightest. They hadn’t cast me off, demanded any explanations, or planned to murder me. What a fantastic family I had. I felt my eyes water again at the prospect.

Stealthy looked alarmed at my increased emotional state.

“We have to go,” he repeated, “I meant it when I said you’re being looked for.”

I left my joy at having wonderful friends shrivel up slightly and be replaced with anxiety. I nodded and grasped hold of Dopey who had just been watching the exchange with a smile. I followed Stealthy as he led us back into the throng of people in the market. I kept my head down, but I swore for a few moments I felt a piercing gaze on me. I didn’t look up, because I didn’t want to confirm any suspicions. As if they felt my increased tension, both dwarfs sped up and as soon as we hit the edge of the forest we took off running.

Dopey and I ran ahead as Stealthy ran behind us and ensured we weren’t being followed. We soon made it to our compound, deep in the woods, and ran straight inside.

“Armie,” Doc started as he looked up from the pot he was stirring.

Without hesitating, I ran and wrapped my arms around Doc.

“Thank you,” I said quietly.

He seemed to understand my meaning because he wrapped his short, stout arms around me tightly.

“Of course,” he paused before continuing, "Arabella."

I looked around at the other men and smiled at them all. Before we could say anything else, Stealthy came back in and announced that we hadn’t been followed.

We all made our way to the fire. I sat between Doc and Sleepy, the latter was falling asleep on my lap.

“So,” I began softly, “You’ve all known for awhile now.”

“Yes,” Doc said softly.

“Thank you,” I said to all of the dwarfs, before making eye contact with Grumpy, “all you of.”

We sat in silence for a moment before I spoke again.

“You said someone is looking for me,” I said to Stealthy.

He nodded, “The Queen is offering a hefty reward for you, but a few amateurs we can deal with,” he trailed off at the end.

“But,” I continued, my heart clenched as I waited for him to finish.

“There are rumors,” he said, while looking into the fire, “that she has recruited the Huntsman.”

I heard everyone else around me gasp softly.

“Wait,” I began, “a simple huntsman is no problem, most of them are buffoons.”

“No, milady,” Bashful said, he still blushed when he spoke to me, but he didn’t stutter quite as much, “not A huntsman, THE Huntsman.”

I didn’t understand the subtle emphasis on the title.

“Well who is this Huntsman,” I asked.

“No one knows,” Grumpy said, “No one know’s who he is, where he come from, or anything about him. He’s just the Huntsman.”

“He’s the best tracker and hunter known in this part of the world...and beyond,” Sleepy whispered.

“That seems a bit dramatic,” I said disbelievingly.

“It’s true,” said Stealthy.

I felt a sense of dread creep throughout my body. If Stealthy said he was talented, than he really was.

“Why does the Queen want me back?” I said softly, mostly to myself.

“Well, Princess,” Doc said slowly, as if testing out the title, “you are the heir to the throne. Is it so mysterious that she wishes to kill you?”

“But what if I don’t want it?” I cried out.

The fervor of my voice woke a tired Sleepy, who looked at me with clear eyes.

“Why should you not want it?” He said, sounding more awake than he ever has, “it’s your birthright.”

“Why should I have to rule? My birth doesn’t control my fate,” I said, putting my head in my hands.

“That’s true,” Doc said wisely, “but who’s to say this isn’t your destiny?”

I stared at all of the men around me, my family, and I knew this was where I wanted to stay.

“What do we do?” I said determinedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love the dwarfs...but when will Arabella meet the Huntsman? DUN DUN DUN.