Status: I'll update as much as possible

Tainted Love

--35

Matt had gone out to get me a present, it had been a few hours, and I was beyond bored. I was sitting up in Button’s room, just putting a few things away. Kim had come by the day after we told her what the gender was, with a lot of things. At least 20 outfits, all of which were beyond cute, some blankets, toys, shoes, basically a baby starter kit. She had also brought a few boxes of diapers, the huge boxes. She had joked about how Matt and Amy had both been large babies, which never fit into the new born diapers, so she bought the next size up. She also brought a few pictures of her and Gary to put up in the nursery, so Button could always see her grandparents. I did end up putting those up; I thought it was really sweet that she did that.

She had also talked to me about the baby shower; she wanted to be a part in helping me get it ready, which I was more than happy for the help. Matt and the guys were going back into the studio; all their girls had jobs, and did things during the day. Matt didn’t want me to work, not even for the fact that I’d be away from him, but he didn’t want anything bad to happen to Button, and he wanted to make sure that I was okay, and didn’t experience any complications with my pregnancy.

I could hear Matt coming in the house, and I walked downstairs, I was bored, and he was the only person I really had to hang out with during the day, it would suck when he went back into the studio.

“It’s about time!” I yelled as I walked down stairs, I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the dark hair that I recognized all too well.

“SHANE!” I ran downstairs, and jumped into his arms. I couldn’t believe he was here, I couldn’t believe Matt had brought him here. I looked over Shane’s shoulder and smiled at Matt. Shane put me down before looking down at my belly.

“Shit, I’ve missed a lot haven’t I?” I laughed, nodding, and looked down at my stomach.

“Yeah, you missed hearing that you’re going to have a niece!” Shane’s eyes got wide.

“You’re having a girl?! That’s so great Ary! I’m so happy for you!” I grinned.

“Well, we’re having a girl! I can’t believe you’re here!” I hugged him again, and looked back at Matt. He was looking down at his feet.

“Well, you can thank your boyfriend! He’s the one who flew me out here!” I grinned, before walking back over to Matt. I grabbed a hold of his face, and pulled it down to kiss him. I kissed him hard, and wrapped my arms around his waist.

“Okay, you don’t have to do too much thanking in front of me, that’s gross.” I just moved a hand off of Matt’s waist, and flipped off Shane. I heard him chuckle before heading out the back door. He said something about the back yard, but I wasn’t listening. Matt wasn’t really responding to my kisses, and I wanted him too. I knew seeing me be all over Shane drove him crazy, but all I had done is hugged him. He couldn’t even take me playing around with Zack, so I knew this hurt him.

“You’re amazing!” I looked him in the eyes as I said it, wanting him to believe me. He just nodded, and looked everywhere but at me. “I know this is hard for you, you don’t want to see me touch another man, you don’t want me to even look at another guy, but I want you to know, it isn’t like that for Shane and I. He’s like my brother, that’s the only family I have, besides yours now. You’re who I’m with. Don’t let it get to you Matt.”

“I know, I’ll try.” He whispered it, and still wasn’t looking at me. I sighed, and squeezed with my arms, trying to get him as close as possible, but that wasn’t working out, there was still a little bump in the way. Actually, the bump was getting bigger, I was reaching 5 months, and soon the baby would be growing a pound a day. I grabbed Matt’s hand and put it on my stomach, and his eyes got wide.

“I think I feel something.” I grinned; I knew that soon he’d really be able to feel things, because I was starting to.

“Soon, you’ll be able to feel a lot. Button is quite active.” Matt grinned and rubbed a hand over my stomach, completely in awe.

“Soon, we’re going to have to pick out an actual name, you know that?” I nodded, I wasn’t sure if I was ready to yet.

“I say we go away from the Italian names. I’m not sure I want my daughter to have a name close to your dogs like I do.” Matt shook his head.

“You’re Italian, I’m Irish, and we’ll figure something out.” I nodded, and looked down at his hand, it was softly moving over my stomach, and I put my hand over it. He intertwined our fingers, and pulled my hand up to his face, before kissing it softly.

“Let’s go see your friend; he’s only going to be here for a few days.” I nodded, before walking back towards the back door. Matt’s hand squeezed mine, as we went out to join Shane. He was playing fetch with both the dogs. Matt started talking to him immediately, and I knew that it was hard for him, but it was something. I had been accepted into Matt’s family the other night, and tonight, he was accepting Shane into our family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will let you guys know when we get close to the end. Just so you know, there are under 10 chapters left.