Status: Rewritten under You Had Me At Hello

This Is How I Disappear

Sugar, We're Going Down

*Gerard's POV*

"So, how'd it go?" Mikey asked as I walked through the front door. I smiled slightly as I shut the door. I set the keys on the table, and took off my shoes. "Well?" He pressed.

"It was good," I said, teasing him slightly, knowing he wanted more than that. He glared at me. "Alright, alright. We had dinner, and we talked for a while, then I took her home, and I headed home, and thus, this conversation took place."

"Okay... Well, how'd it go? Did it go well? What'd you think? How'd she react?" He further pressed. I leaned against the wall and sighed thoughtfully.

"Mikey, I think... I think I may be in love with that girl..."I said slowly. He tried to hide a smile. "She kissed me." His eyes widened.

"Wait, are you serious? Did she really?" He asked with excitement. I nodded, still feeling the tingling sensation on my lips. "Tell me exactly how it happened."

"Okay, I will, but don't be so damn girly about it, please..."I requested. He nodded and waited for me to tell him. "Well, I dropped her off at her house, and I walked her to the steps, and I told her that I didn't know if we'd ever go out again, but she smiled at me..."I remembered the dazzling sparkle in her beautiful hazel eyes and her heart-stopping smile. "Then, she just leaned forward and kissed me, and I put my hand behind her neck and the other on the small of her back, and she kissed me for like thirty seconds, but it felt like time had just stopped..." I trailed off, getting lost in my memory. Mikey coughed and I snapped back to reality.

"Wow... That's... Wow..." He said, seemingly at a loss of words.

"Mikey... I have to see her again... I feel so alive and full of happiness when I'm with her... I've never wanted something so bad it hurts... Mikey, I love her..."

*Taylor's POV*

The phone rang as expected. I answered it, wondering how many off the wall comments Mikey would make in this inevidably long conversation.

"Hey, Mikes. What's up?" I asked casually.

"Well, you just got a glowing review," he responded. There was something up with his tone.

"Okay... Well, I had fun tonight. It wasn't as bad as I might've expected," I said honestly. He responded with somewhat of a mumble of agreement. "What's up, Mikey? You sounded upset."

"I'm not really upset, so much as I am worried... Maybe this wasn't such a good plan..."He said quietly.

"Why do you say that?" I asked, laying down on the couch. He sighed.

"He's in love with you... Like, bad... He's already thinking about what to say the next time he sees you... He doesn't know if you guys are together or what, but he has it bad..." I could hear the concern in his voice.

"Mikey, it's going to be okay," I tried to reassure him.

"No, Taylor, it's not. When Christmas rolls around, what if you decide you don't want to do this anymore? What if you guys don't even work until then? He's going to be destroyed. I don't know if I can take that kind of shit again..."He rambled on in an angry, scared, panicked voice. I sighed and got off the bed and began pacing.

"I know, Mikey. I know. I'm not going to do that to you, or to him. I'm not going to lead him on. Right now, I'm not even sure that I don't feel the same way towards him... So, don't be all panicky just yet. I promise I'm not going to fuck you over..."I said, hoping that he'd realize that I mean it.

"Yeah, I guess... I'm just worried..."He said quietly. I nodded, despite the fact that he couldn't see me.

"I know, Mikes... It's hard, but we will get through this... Besides, it's not like I really have any other men in my life besides you two," I joked, hoping to lighten the mood a bit. He chuckled softly.

"Yeah, because who else wants your crazy ass? I'm kidding... But, thank you, Taylor... I've never seen him so happy... He's never talked so much while being sober... This is like watching a miracle happen... I guess that's why I'm scared that it's just too good to be true... But, I trust you, Taylor... I trust you."

"Okay, Mikey... Well, I'm going to go to bed... I've got an early day tomorrow. I have a doctor's appointment. So, I'm going to let you go, but I'll probably come by tomorrow when I'm done, or at least call if I can't come over. Goodnight, Mikes," I said quietly. After he said goodbye, I hung up the phone and leaned against the wall. I thought about what Mikey said, and I felt my heart skip a beat.

He's in love with me...