With You

One of One

Nikki rolls over in bed, feeling blindly for her phone which is buried somewhere amidst the blankets & sheets laying upon her figure. Her phone trills insistently, the ringtone of her boyfriend's song signaling the caller as none other than him.

"Seungri, it's too early." She says, upon finally locating her phone and answering it.

"It's ten in the morning! I could've called you at six..." He responds, laughing as she groans into the pillow beneath her head.

"You wouldn't."

"I would. Now, why don't you get out of bed and come outside?"

"Why would I do that when I'm perfectly- Wait, what makes you think I'm still in bed?"

"The fact that the curtains in your bedroom are closed. You always open them when you get up."

His matter of fact response is enough to wake her out of any lingering sleepiness and she sits up in bed clutching her phone a little tighter.

"Seungri, are you outside my house?"

"Open the curtains and see."

Nikki gets off the bed and crosses to the window, smoothing down her dark hair before flinging open the curtains. Her suspicion is confirmed when she sees a red car parked by the curb in front of her lawn and Seungri leaning against it.

"Hiii, Nikki!" He calls loudly, watching in momentary confusion as she jerks the phone away from her ear. "Oops, forgot I was still on the phone. Sorry!" He says, quieter than before though still close to yelling as she's still holding the phone a safe distance away.

"Why are you in front of my house at ten a.m.? Are you-" She pauses, eying him carefully from the window. "Are you wearing a suit?"

"I'm not telling you unless you come down here."

"What are going to do if I don't? Stand on my lawn all day?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I'll throw rocks at your window until you come out."

"Seungri, do you see any rocks nearby?"

He casts a glance around, frowning when he realizes there's nothing for him to throw.

"I'll... Throw my phone!"

Nikki sighs, shaking her head at him as she walks away from the window and over to her closet.

"I'll come down. So um... Am I supposed to dress up? Because you look dressed up and-"

"You wear whatever you want. I want you to be comfortable."

"Are you suggesting I come down in a t-shirt and sweats?"

"If that's what you want to wear."

"I'm going to change. I'm hanging up now, but I'll be down in a few minutes. Don't throw anything at the window." She replies, ending the call and pulling her favored clothes from the closet.

She dresses in a simple pair of jeans, a dark sweater, and flats before grabbing her phone and keys off the bedside table. She hurries down the stairs, briefly checking her hair in the hall mirror before heading out the door and greeting her boyfriend.

"Hello, Seungri." She calls, crossing the lawn to where he stands on the edge of the curb.

"Hello." He replies, hugging her before turning to open the passenger side door.

Nikki gets into the car, buckling her seatbelt as he shuts the door and goes around to the drivers side. She watches him curiously after he gets into the car and pulls something from the backseat, handing it to her before buckling his own seatbelt.

"You brought me coffee!"

"I did." He answers, pulling the keys from his pocket and starting the car. "I also brought you food, but that's for later."

"So... Where are we going?" She asks as he pulls the car away from the curb and they exit the neighborhood.

"It's a surprise. I'm just hoping the weather stays nice..." He responds, briefly looking skywards.

Nikki does the same, glancing out the window as they drive on. The day is a nice one for fall, not exactly cool enough for one to need multiple layers, but not exactly warm enough that one could get by without jeans and a light jacket. Despite that, the sky is mostly clear with only a few clouds dotting the horizon.

"I'm sure the weather will be fine." She says softly, placing a hand on his in a form of thanks.

Seungri smiles at her before turning his gaze back to the road as they continue on to their destination, her with one hand holding the thermos and the other entwined with his. They drive on like this for an hour before he stops the car, turning off the engine and turning to her with a cheerful 'we're here'. He takes the key from the ignition, putting it in his pocket as he gets out and goes around to open the door for her. He grabs a basket from the backseat after she gets out before shutting the door and taking her hand.

"I know fall is probably an... unusual time to visit the beach, but with the way the temperature is I figured it wouldn't be too cold for a picnic. Plus, the time of year means we have the beach to ourselves." He says as they walk a mild distance from the car, hand in hand. "Do you... like it?"

"I love it, Seungri." Nikki says, casting a smile his way and kissing him on the cheek. "Let's put down the blanket, ok?"

He smiles back, happy that she's happy, and helps lay out the blanket before sitting down with the basket. The two then delve into the basket, packed with all Nikki's favorites, and eat in peace with the crashing waves as the soundtrack to their shared moment. When their meal is done, Seungri packs everything away into the basket and returns it to the car watching as Nikki stares out at the waves before standing. He crosses back to her, helping her shake the sand off the blanket and fold it just as the clouds roll in. The two glance skywards briefly, running for the car as the rain falls not in droplets but sheets.

"Your hair is all wet. I should've given you my jacket or held it over you." Seungri says, shaking his head upon seeing her once inside the shelter the car offers from the rain.

"Seungri, I was carrying the blanket. If anything, I should've held it over my head if I was worried about getting my hair wet." She pauses studying him intently as the rain cascades down the car windows. "Is something wrong?"

"No, I just wish the weather would've stayed clear... You looked so peaceful when you were watching the waves and I just- I feel like the weather might've ruined the day for you." He confesses, answering truthfully.

"Seungri," Nikki responds, leaning across the console so her face is closer to his own. "nothing could ruin this day for me. Do you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because the best days are the days I get to spend with you."

With that said, the two lovers lips meet in a gentle kiss that lasts even as the rain pours down harder than before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go, Nikki! :3
I hope you like your oneshot and the romantic day with Seungri.