When A Stranger Calls

Chapter 10

Saturday 22nd December 2007 – 02:35am

One second after I had uttered that invitation to Gerard, I seriously wished that I hadn’t of. The look in his eyes was just horrendous; he wanted me dead. I tried to step away from his body which was now rushing towards me, but I was glued to the spot. My courage had got up and ran away.

He lunged at my neck and tried to wrap his hands around it. I managed to bring my hands to his and grappled with them, trying to loosen his grip; I was failing badly. I decided that I would just try and keep calm (yes, I know; tall order!) so that I wasn’t using up all of my much needed energy. I went limp under his grip and quietly started to laugh. This angered him even further and his grip tightened.

“You dare to laugh at me!” he bawled, “You’re not exactly in the right position to mock me sugar, so I suggest you shut up now!” I laughed a little louder this time and turned my eyes to his feet.

“Look at me bitch?!” He barked, “Look at me; I want you to see your reflection in my eyes when you take your last breath!” For some reason, I really was not scared; courage had come flooding back to me. I felt like this was it; now or never.

I looked slowly back up to his face, clearing my throat as I did so and spat straight at him. He reeled back with shock, releasing his grip from my now sore neck. I made my retreat back through the living room and up the stairs. I jumped into the bedroom and slammed the door shut and Sarah leapt up from the floor in response. I heard drawers slamming and cutlery clattering in the kitchen; he was searching for a weapon.

“Sarah; get up and help me move this bed!” I screamed at her. She got hold of the end of the bed whilst I grabbed the side and we heaved it against the bedroom door. I never noticed the still apparent stench from the covers. What I did notice was that my dog had been disposed of somehow. Sarah must have taken care of her, but now was not the time for questions.

“Hey Lucy,” Sarah shouted back to me, bringing my attention back to the job at hand, “Come on, help me lift this bookcase on top of the bed!”

We puffed and panted; heaved and huffed and just as we managed to drop the heavy piece of furniture into position, a blade stabbed through the wooden panels of the door. We shot backwards to Sarah’s original position on the floor. We sat there and huddled together watching the door.

“You better let me in bitches!” Howled Gerard, “ ‘Cus if you don’t, I’ll just hack through anyway. I’ll get you no matter what!”

We stayed silent as the blade stabbed through the door again and again. The door was just about holding, but slowly we saw Gerard’s face appear through the cracks that had formed. He looked like a crazed animal from what we could see of him and in all honesty, I don’t think I’d ever felt so terrified.

Sarah was now holding me tightly and trembling with fear. When I looked her in the eyes, we both kind of realised that this may be the last time we’d ever talk to eachother, so we decided to put our time together to good use.

“Sarah?” I quietly questioned, “Sarah; look at me hun please?” I cupped her chin with both hands and raised her face to mine, “No matter what happens, please know that you’re my best friend and I’ll love you forever, ok?” I barely managed to stifle my imposing sobs.

“Oh Lucy,” Sarah cried, “You’ll never know how much you mean to me.”Her shoulders started to shake. “If everything ends tonight, remember that my life has been so much better just for knowing you; you mean everything to me!”

We both broke down and held eachother tightly; that’s when we heard the door come crashing down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this update folks 'cus I've loved writing it. Sorry it's been a bit in getting to you, but I've only just recovered from my 29th birthday bash and believe me, it's taken a lot of recovery! Was I drunk much? Oh yes I was!

Love you all; enjoy my little duckyeggs!