When A Stranger Calls

Chapter 4

Friday 21st December 2007

I don’t know how he could be so blasé about all of this, but then again, I suppose you’re not right in the head if you could ever do such a thing in the first place.

I was in total shock; I didn’t know whether to laugh hysterically or cry uncontrollably, either way whatever sound that emitted from my mouth would be muffled and inaudible anyway.

We sat and watched as the intruder pondered over what his next move would be. I don’t think he was in the habit of holding people hostage. When he said he wanted to get this shown on the road, I thought he’d have done something with us by now. After a few minutes he had a Eureka moment; a smirk played across his pallid face.

“OK, I’m going to take one of your downstairs so we can have a nice little chat about stuff and shit.” He went on nonchalantly.

The look on Sarah’s face was that of pure terror. I tried to remain calm but when I kept looking at the bed and seeing my best pal lying dead on it, thoughts of torture and abuse flooded through my head. Would we see the same fate?

“Right then,” he clapped his hands together, “eenie, meenie, minie – MO!” he playfully recited and landed on me when it came to mo. He was seriously enjoying this.

Sarah tried to yell something but the gag in her mouth was stopping anything from coming out. I looked at her, trying to convey that everything would be ok, which is actually pretty difficult when you can’t touch or speak. She shook her head and let it loll forward as if she knew that this was it; this was the end.

The intruder smiled again as he sharply pulled my knees down from under my arms which were still tied up in front of me. In a funny way, I was kind of pleased that he had released my legs as my arms were really starting to ache. Once my legs were free he put both his hands under each of my armpits and heaved my up in to a standing position. As much as I was scared, the relief I felt just to be upright slightly overridden this.

He pulled me towards him and put his hands on my shoulders. He stroked my cheek with his right hand and smiled. “Ooh, now what shall we do with you Lucy?" My hairs stood on end when he asked me this. What I wanted to say (well, shout and scream at him that is) was that I thought he was a psychopath and he would not get away with this, but the reality was, I couldn’t.

As he pulled me by my arms through the bedroom door, I shot one last glance to Sarah and in my head I told her that everything was going to be ok; or so I hoped.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've got a good feeling about this story guys. There's a few different endings that I've got swimming round my brain, so this story, I'm pleased to say will grow and flourish as it goes on. So there's suspense within writing a suspense; I won't truly know the end until I write it. How cool is that?

Let me know how you think this is going guys; you know that comments make Lucy a very happy bunny!

::claps: